- Back to Search Results
Stats 420,372 topics posted 7,111 include Best Reply by Wix Team
Replies(832 replies total)
Replied by tuannq6886 July 9, 2014
Please increase count number of price to 9,999,999,999. Because 1 USD = 20000 VNĐ, some items price is 60,000 USD aproxiate 1,200,000,000 VNĐ. For example: Car, Furniture luxury
Replied by julznhervolvo July 9, 2014Can I set up automated order confirmation emails to customers
I had a customers order from my shop yesterday afternoon who said she never received an order confirmation email. Is there a way to set up an automated order confirmation email that will go out to the customers whenever they order from my shop?
Replied by rentals24 July 9, 2014
In reading through the forum comments and requests...it appears to me that Wix has received many requests of a similar nature, especially some very common uses and needs for business sites. It is our business to find ways to reach our customers and secure the sale. In looking around, it seems that Wix has a higher/quicker response rate to sites that are not business eCommerce sites, but rather informational. I for one would be appreciative if that were reversed.....just saying it looks that way judging from the number of similar requests over what seems to be a long period of time.
For us business owners, a reply that just says "sorry that function is not available" but......is most frustrating, especially since there is no information before hand that lets us know about site limitations...like on product pages, shipping options, sales taxes and shopping carts.
What makes it worse, is we are offered no alternative approach to a problem. For example, there is the ability to add HTML, but no good instruction on how to do this for us non-tech people out here.
For example, if Wix does not offer the ability to add a drop-down list to a product page, then at least make it possible for someone to add it independently to their site....with clear instruction on how to take it from creation to importing into the site. That would at least give the business some option to solve a marketing problem.
Business web sites should be number one priority for Wix engineers. For now, I have hours and hours wrapped up in outlining my site flow and creating it, just to hit a wall with limitations that should not be there for a BUSINESS site template. I may have to abandon the project and look elsewhere.,
I really to hope that TOP people in the company really read these comments and forums. Some evidence could lay in the number of followers on the social sites....seems the business followers are the lowest number.
Replied by rentals24 July 9, 2014
1. For a product page, there should be seller edit abilities. Being able to add a link or button on a product page is very useful for product description, video links,installation instructions, all sorts of things. A product page should be every much as editable as any other page on the site.
2. A product page should have no limits as to choices for a customer. There should be drop down menus WITHOUT any limit for choices. For example, if I'm selling an item that offers 100 colors, I should be able to list those colors on a drop down for the customer to select, if that is how I, the seller, believe it is best to present to my customer that way,
3..Referring to #2 above....the customer should also be able to select "all that apply" instead of having to go around and around, in and out of a product page, if, for example, several "colors" are wanted by the customer. As an example: If a customer wants to buy three different shades/colors of paint, and it is all latex indoor paint, they should be able to check-off the three colors at one time and add those separate colors of latex paint to their cart. In the cart, they can select how many and size (pint, quart, gallon etc). Drop down menus will allow this. I see it on MANY web sites......WIX should have this freedom in the templates.
4. Again, referring to #2 above, if a seller wants to give the customer two options, it should be be sellers choice if the two drop down menus have mandatory connection/response from the customer. Right now, if I (the seller) want two drop-down selection choices (lets say latex indoor paint and latex outdoor paint) the customer should not have to make a choice from both drop-down menus if only one applies. As it is set-up now....the template I am trying to work with will not allow this.
5. A drop-down menu should be able to be added on any page on a site.
6. As the template is set-up now for drop-downs, if two are used on a product page, since it forces the customer to select from both drop-downs, even if "None" is selected on one of the two menus, it shows up on the shopper cart. That is confusing to the customer.
7. On the top of the drop-down menu, there currently is a Title field for the drop-down menu. That should be an option of the seller if that Title is shown on the shopping cart. For example, if the user puts "Please select a color" on menu #1, it is not necessary for this "title" to be shown on the shopping cart. It clutters the page with excess information....only the customer selection should be shown on a shopping cart.
8. There should be the ability to have an automatic email reply to the customer with this information:
Thank You statement and a order confirmation number. If possible, a summary of their order would be really nice. A thank you page on the site is nice, but very incomplete in communicating with a customer and providing some assurance to the buyer. Right now, all the customer gets is the one page on the site with no reference.
With so many people these days shopping online, putting limits on the sellers web site is putting limits on the sellers ability to communicate and sell their products. It is much more than some HTML code.
I sincerely hope that Wix will put some thought to these issues and follow through quickly to implement these options....I can't be the only one that is disappointed with these kind of limits.
I would appreciate it if there is a way to inform me (all of us) when these changes are implemented.
Right now, I have to completely reconsider my site and my business has to have flexibility in my offering to my customers.
Thank you....I hope this has been understandable at least from a "business" sellers point of view.
Replied by i89777 July 9, 2014Designing of product details text
Hello,I know its not possible yet , but, It would be a great option to be able to edit the formating of the text which is entered on a product details.
for example - LTR \ RTL, colors etc.
Thanks and regards.
Replied by butler134 July 9, 2014
I am totally annoyed with the clear lack of your company to provide me an online store with the facilities that e-comerce business requires.
Postage options are none existent. I have raised several issues with you and I have found that this is a long running issue with the same waffle response passed onto all customers.
Postage/shipping options are limited and don't provide me with the ability to provide my customers with the choice that they may require and want from my company.
Are you go to do anything or repeat the same lines we appreciate your feedback and add to the wish list. Do something that the customers have requested many times