Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

Unfortunately this is not possible. At the moment you can only add a discount of up to 99%.

You can vote for this feature in this thread.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

Replies(25 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • lizzy-cole

Replied by lizzy-cole April 29, 2014

adding my vote for 100% discount functionality... Thanks

• nineye9

Replied by nineye9 April 21, 2014

My vote for 100% discount.

• corpsegu8

Replied by corpsegu8 March 23, 2014

Why is this not possible? Is it something you're working on? If so how far into development are you? when you say " in a few months" does that means its been started?  When is the release date of the next new features?

• Anat Wix Team

Replied by Anat March 23, 2014

Hi  corpsegu8 ,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

We apologize however we cannot provide you with an ETA for the release of this option.

We are working towards many new solutions for the online store and we will update on the relevant wishlist threads once these options are available.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Anat - Wix Team
    • corpsegu8

Replied by corpsegu8 March 23, 2014

Hello Anat.

Not being funny but i have been with wix for almost 3 years now and i can't help but feel that i'm being spun in circles. it almost seems like the most important thing to wix is what new font to introduce as apposed to actually implementing functions that are valid,required and requested in high numbers.

As someone looking to upgrade - i have to be honest you aren't selling me very well. Wix has been promising  these "new solutions" but they never come.  Why is this? can you give me the name and contact info of someone who could give me these answers as customer support take a lifetime to reply.

• Alon - WIX team Wix Team

Replied by Alon - WIX team March 24, 2014

We appropriate your feedback and we can totally understand where you're coming from, but I can promise you that we are working very hard on improving our e-commerce platform; however unlike other platforms we can't change certain parts of the platform since every change effects the entire platform.

Having said that, we're working on creating a better e-commerce platform these days.

we wish to thank you for your patience and understanding

Alon - Wix Team
    • corpsegu8

Replied by corpsegu8 March 25, 2014

Hellow Alon

Promises are find and well however i didn't ask for you to promise me that you're working on on various new fonts and wondering what new colours people would like better than shades of  blue or green.

As a potential member who is looking to A: upgrade and B: buy into the wix shopping cart and C: use wix as a full time e-commerce solution. i would like to know When that update is coming - What stage you're currently up. Have your team even started on it and if not why not?  if you don't wish to reply here feel free to contact me directly or please forward me the contact info of the department who are making these items.

Promises are like babies: easy to make, hard to deliver.

• Dror - Wix Support Wix Team

Replied by Dror - Wix Support March 25, 2014

Hi,

The issue is with the checkout itself - not the 100% discount. You can't check out a "free" charge from the cart at this time, due to the actual technical limitation of using third party checkout sites - Paypal etc. 

I understand that you want more information, and it is a fair request - however one that cannot be realistically easily answered: As Alon explained ours is a complex system - one change needs to be tested a lot to make sure it doesn't make any changes to others, in our development tempo, it is even more crucial that we test and double test every feature we release. Therefore, we generally can't guarantee future or non-existing features will even be developed, especially not commit to a time frame. All of our product options are available for free - we suggest making sure your site is currently to your satisfaction with current available features, and only then upgrade.

I hope that makes more sense, If you have any other questions feel free to let us know. 

Dror - Wix Team
    • corpsegu8

Replied by corpsegu8 March 27, 2014

Hi Dror

I thank you for your honestly and  not just pasting a generic happy go lucky lucky reply unlike every other admin here. they could all learn something from you.

• bporte1

Replied by bporte1 March 19, 2014

What!!??? This is nuts.  I need a 100% coupon!  And Groupon ability!

• brightonrockers

Replied by brightonrockers March 3, 2014

• kungdeng

Replied by kungdeng February 27, 2014

please add 100% coupon for ecommerce solution.   

• southerntraditionllc

Replied by southerntraditionllc January 27, 2014

Wix has automated responses for everything. I read all the time in here what myself and others want they can't/won't offer. It's a shame. I don't understand what is so hard about making 100% coupon available.

• chicpunks

Replied by chicpunks January 27, 2014

• kgurney3

Replied by kgurney3 December 14, 2013

Consider this option voted for!!!  This is a REALLY BIG deal, as entire structure of my business hinges on working with Groupon.  Without the ability to offer 100% discount coupons, I'll be forced to consider other hosting options (which would be a real shame, because otherwise your site is awesome)!

• birneyandrice

Replied by birneyandrice November 28, 2013

When do you expect to have this up and running as I wish to use sites such as GrabOne and Groupon to generate more business. I cannot use them because 100% discount is not possible. Please sort it out Wix! 

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets