Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

You can use Authorize.net or PayPal to accept direct credit card payments!

1. Authorize.netAccepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express in your Wix Store.

2. Paypal.com: You can set up your shopping cart to accept direct credit cards payments from users without prompting them to sign into their PayPal account. The user would still be directed to a PayPal page, however, they would not be prompted to sign in.

Note: The ability to allow customers to pay via PayPal through Guest Checkout is determined by your local PayPal organization. For some countries, the customer will be required to create a PayPal account before they will be able to pay. For more information, click here.

To set up your Online Store payment options: Click your Product Gallery to select it > from the pop-up menu, click Manage Store > select the Payment & Currency tab.

Under Payment Method, click the drop down menu to select a method > enter the required information > click Save.

Note: Make sure that the Paypal Account Optional feature is turned on in your Paypal account. To learn more, please click here or contact Paypal directly.

Note: In order to use PayPal as the merchant account for your online store, you will need to have a Business or Premier PayPal account.
For more information please click here.

For more information on updating your Online Store payment methods, click here.

Replies(147 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • webandmedia

Replied by webandmedia Yesterday

Am I limited to ONLY using paypal or authorize.net or can I use another company like Worldpay???

• Nati Wix Team

Replied by Nati Yesterday

Hi webandmedia,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

Unfortunately, that is not possible.

You can either connect your online store to one of the merchant accounts mentioned in the Best Reply above, or set up offline payment. 

If you would like to see other payment gateways in the Wix Online Store, feel free to add your request to our Wishlist by posting in this thread.

We are here should you have any further questions.

Best Regards, Nati - Wix Support Team
  • matt952

Replied by matt952 Yesterday

Hello,

I am a new user looking for a solution for my client.

I cannot tell from the thread the answer to my question.  Can you help?

My question is this: Can I integrate PayPal so that it does NOT send my site visitors to a Paypal landing page, but that they stay on my website?  Or does a PayPal integration require me to send people to a PayPal landing/payment page?

• Gan Wix Team

Replied by Gan Yesterday

Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately we do not support this feature. However, this feature is on our development roadmap and will be built in order of priority. Priority is based on the popularity of our Wishlist items, which is full to overflowing with your good ideas and feedback!

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

You can also suggest and vote for new features on the Wix wishlist here

Or you can try and create a PayPal HTML Widget and add it to your site using the HTML App.

With the HTML App you can test and add your own HTML code to your Wix site.

For more information, click here.

Please contact us for further information.

Best, Wix.
    • matt952

Replied by matt952 22 hours ago

Thanks for your reply!  If I use Authorize.net or one of the other payment gateways, will the whole checkout process stay on your site?  Or will it also link to a different location for payment?

Matt

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or 22 hours ago

Hi Matt,

When using Authorize.net or PayPal, the customer will be directed to a checkout page on the payment gateway's end in order to complete the payment.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards, Or - Wix Support Team.
    • matt952

Replied by matt952 21 hours ago

Thanks Or!  So, essentially, you have multiple payment gateway options, but each of these will require actually submitting payment info on the gateway's page not on the Wix-hosted page.  Wix can handle all of the shopping, cart management, etc., but the actual payment is submitted on the payment gateway's page.  Is that an accurate understanding?

• Alissa Wix Team

Replied by Alissa 12 hours ago

Yes, that is indeed the case. Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require any further assistance. 

Alissa - Wix Support
  • dahancell

Replied by dahancell Yesterday

I have created a button for Paypal. My Paypal account is requiring me to match the email addresses. I don't know how to access the email to get it connected to between PayPal and my website??

Please respond?

Thank you 

• liatse Wix Team

Replied by liatse Yesterday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix.

The email address of your PayPal account should be the email address you provide in the PayPal button settings.

To verify that the email addresses are indeed the same, click on the PayPal button > on the left side bar you will see PayPal Settings > under PayPal Merchant Email, fill in the email address of your PayPal account.

For more information about the PayPal button, please click here

Please note: To use a PayPal button, you must have a PayPal Business or Premier account.

Please contact us for further assistance

• healing-is-for-all

Replied by healing-is-for-all 2 days ago

I get this message from PAYPAL when having connected my Paypal account in Wix through Online Store: The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details.

Please advise

• Dean Wix Team

Replied by Dean 2 days ago

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out,

If your customers receive this error message, you can turn off the PayPal® Encrypted Website Payments feature in your PayPal account profile.

To Turn Off the PayPal Encrypted Website Payments Feature

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
      2. Click Profile.
      3. From the Selling Preferences column, click Website Payment Preferences.
      4. In the Encrypted Website Payments section, select Off.
      5. Click Save.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

All the best, Dean - Wix Team
  • tosinehockey

Replied by tosinehockey August 7, 2014

Hi,

Please does wix accept payment from Nigeria using Mastercard Debit card & not credit card.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso August 7, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am not sure I fully understand your query.

Are you referring to purchasing a premium package using a credit card?

Currently, we accept only credit card payments.

We accepts the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB and Diners.

For more information please click here.

Dina-Wix Team.

• brendaalanis2

Replied by brendaalanis2 July 31, 2014

Credit card payments

Hi there, in the "manage your store-payment method" screen there is the option to choose for Authorize.net for New Zealand, however as we go to their page to set up an account New Zealand is not listed as an available country. What payment method can we use for Credit Cards in our country? thanks for your help

• Paola Wix Team

Replied by Paola July 31, 2014

Hi brendaalanis2,

The reply you are looking for is above in the blue best reply.

The only other option for now is setting up PayPal to accept credit cards.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

• falseidol

Replied by falseidol July 24, 2014

Hello, when I click checkout the screen goes blank, I have chosen paypal in the settings and entered my email for merchant acct.  Can you help?

• Nitzan Wix Team

Replied by Nitzan July 24, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix Support regarding this issue.

The checkout issue is because your domain is not yet connected to your site as it is still pending registry approval.

Please verify that the email address for the domain admin/registrant is your own email address, via your domain host, as a confirmation email is sent to your domain admin and registrant e-mail addresses as part of the domain transfer process.

Make sure to check your inbox for an email from support@wix.com and make sure to click on the approval link in the email.

Please make sure to:

• Check the inbox of the email account that you registered with your current domain host.

• Check your Spam folder if you do not see the mail in your inbox.

You can find steps to transfer your domain to Wix here.

If the confirmation e-mail was sent to an outdated e-mail address, please note that you will need to wait for the current domain transfer request to fail in order to re-initiate the transfer process. Please note that it may take up to 7 days after the domain transfer request was initiated for it to fail.

Please let us know should you require any further assistance. 

Have a great day! Nitzan - Wix Support Team
  • biodunade11

Replied by biodunade11 July 23, 2014

Does this platform support transactions from credit and debit cards in Nigeria ?

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or July 23, 2014

Hi,

There shouldn't be a problem accepting transactions from credit and debit cards in Nigeria, as long as they are the types accepted by the relevant merchant account.

Authorize.net Accepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

PayPal supports a large number of credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diner's Club and EnRoute. 

Kind regards, Or - Wix Support Team.
  • hannahbabe47

Replied by hannahbabe47 July 21, 2014

Hi,

I have paid for the eccommerce option on wix for nearly 3 weeks, I have been trying to test a purchase today and nothing happens when Click check-out.

My paypal is a business paypal and on the Manage Store>Payment and Currency is all set up with the correct email.

What is it I am doing wrong?

Thanks

• hannahbabe47

Replied by hannahbabe47 July 21, 2014

to add to this, I use website masking... have just found that you can right-click and open in a new tab, but left will not take you anywhere.

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti July 21, 2014

Hi,

I have visited your site and tested the cart and checkout button.

I couldn't recreate the issue you are describing:

Please clear your browser's cache and cookies of "Everything". You can find step-by-step instructions here.

Try using other browsers to open Wix. Recommended browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer (version 9 and above), ans Safari. 

Let us know if the problem persists.

• wondeok

Replied by wondeok July 15, 2014

Hi, I feel WiX is a great webpage maker, and now I want to add Korean currency in my shopping mall.

However, I couldn't find the Korean currency from choice items.

How can I solve this problem? 

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron July 15, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix.

Please refer to the reply located at the top of this thread as it describes the current payment methods support in our online store.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Ron, Wix Team

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets