Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

You can use Authorize.net or PayPal to accept direct credit card payments!

1. Authorize.netAccepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express in your Wix Store.

2. Paypal.com: You can set up your shopping cart to accept direct credit cards payments from users without prompting them to sign into their PayPal account. The user would still be directed to a PayPal page, however, they would not be prompted to sign in.

Note: The ability to allow customers to pay via PayPal through Guest Checkout is determined by your local PayPal organization. For some countries, the customer will be required to create a PayPal account before they will be able to pay. For more information, click here.

To set up your Online Store payment options: Click your Product Gallery to select it > from the pop-up menu, click Manage Store > select the Payment & Currency tab.

Under Payment Method, click the drop down menu to select a method > enter the required information > click Save.

Note: Make sure that the Paypal Account Optional feature is turned on in your Paypal account. To learn more, please click here or contact Paypal directly.

Note: In order to use PayPal as the merchant account for your online store, you will need to have a Business or Premier PayPal account.
For more information please click here.

For more information on updating your Online Store payment methods, click here.

Replies(141 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • falseidol

Replied by falseidol July 24, 2014

Hello, when I click checkout the screen goes blank, I have chosen paypal in the settings and entered my email for merchant acct.  Can you help?

• Nitzan Wix Team

Replied by Nitzan July 24, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix Support regarding this issue.

The checkout issue is because your domain is not yet connected to your site as it is still pending registry approval.

Please verify that the email address for the domain admin/registrant is your own email address, via your domain host, as a confirmation email is sent to your domain admin and registrant e-mail addresses as part of the domain transfer process.

Make sure to check your inbox for an email from support@wix.com and make sure to click on the approval link in the email.

Please make sure to:

• Check the inbox of the email account that you registered with your current domain host.

• Check your Spam folder if you do not see the mail in your inbox.

You can find steps to transfer your domain to Wix here.

If the confirmation e-mail was sent to an outdated e-mail address, please note that you will need to wait for the current domain transfer request to fail in order to re-initiate the transfer process. Please note that it may take up to 7 days after the domain transfer request was initiated for it to fail.

Please let us know should you require any further assistance. 

Have a great day! Nitzan - Wix Support Team
  • biodunade11

Replied by biodunade11 July 23, 2014

Does this platform support transactions from credit and debit cards in Nigeria ?

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or July 23, 2014

Hi,

There shouldn't be a problem accepting transactions from credit and debit cards in Nigeria, as long as they are the types accepted by the relevant merchant account.

Authorize.net Accepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

PayPal supports a large number of credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diner's Club and EnRoute. 

All the best, Or - Wix support team.
  • hannahbabe47

Replied by hannahbabe47 July 21, 2014

Hi,

I have paid for the eccommerce option on wix for nearly 3 weeks, I have been trying to test a purchase today and nothing happens when Click check-out.

My paypal is a business paypal and on the Manage Store>Payment and Currency is all set up with the correct email.

What is it I am doing wrong?

Thanks

• hannahbabe47

Replied by hannahbabe47 July 21, 2014

to add to this, I use website masking... have just found that you can right-click and open in a new tab, but left will not take you anywhere.

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti July 21, 2014

Hi,

I have visited your site and tested the cart and checkout button.

I couldn't recreate the issue you are describing:

Please clear your browser's cache and cookies of "Everything". You can find step-by-step instructions here.

Try using other browsers to open Wix. Recommended browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer (version 9 and above), ans Safari. 

Let us know if the problem persists.

• wondeok

Replied by wondeok July 15, 2014

Hi, I feel WiX is a great webpage maker, and now I want to add Korean currency in my shopping mall.

However, I couldn't find the Korean currency from choice items.

How can I solve this problem? 

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron July 15, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix.

Please refer to the reply located at the top of this thread as it describes the current payment methods support in our online store.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Ron, Wix Team
  • hivitronix

Replied by hivitronix July 9, 2014

For Web preference setting, when I turned on "Block non-encryped website payment" my customer cannot access my paypal payment page. Why is that? I thought the Wix Checkout button is encrypted to reach Paypal payment page.

Another problem, I am having is that payment page is showing my account email rather than the website. I will like to remove this if it is a default. The cancellation link at the bottom of the payment page is confusing to the potential customer to return to an email rather than to a website. I want return to my website, not my email. Can you provide access to the setting, if any? Thank you

• Nitzan Wix Team

Replied by Nitzan July 10, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix Support.

Unfortunately, I do not fully understand what you mean.

Please note that after clicking the checkout button from your shopping cart, I was able the PayPal payment page. Additionally, I did see your Website name at the top of the page. Please see screenshot for example:

If the difficulties you are experiencing are related to your PayPal account, please review the information and follow the links in the best reply above to contact PayPal.

Please let us know should you require any further assistance on our end.

Have a great day! Nitzan - Wix Support Team
  • modernobjex

Replied by modernobjex July 3, 2014

We are testing our online store before we go live and what you wrote above about customers going to paypal but not having to sign into a paypal account is not working. We were sent over to paypal to purchase the test product but it is directing us to either sign into an account or create an account. We do not want our customers to have to sign in or create an account in order to shop with us. Is there a way around this??? We would like our customers to simply be able to check out with their credit/debit cards without any additional account setups needed. 

"Paypal.com: You can set up your shopping cart to accept direct credit cards payments from users without prompting them to sign into their PayPal account. The user would still be directed to a PayPal page, however, they would not be prompted to sign in. Click here for step by step instructions."

Thanks 

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso July 4, 2014

Hi,

In order to allow your customers to purchase your products directly with credit card, please follow the instructions here.

Thank you,

Dina.

• ario84

Replied by ario84 July 2, 2014

Dear WIX support team,

I need your support a.s.a.p.

I am using, iDEAL, payment method. I need your support to integrate it in the WIX.

iDEAL is almost the same system as authorize net. With iDEAL, almost all the banks in the Netherlands are integrated. 

Ario

I. Soltani
    • dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso July 2, 2014

Hi Ario,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to integrate external payment merchant account to Wix.

Currently, you can use PayPal, WebMoney, Skrill, Authorize.Net, PayU or the Offline Payment option with your Online Store shopping cart. Brazilian users can also use PagSeguro (please note that this payment method is available for Brazil only). After connecting your Online Store to your merchant account, all payments made by your buyers will appear in your merchant account unless you chose the Offline Payment option.

To connect your merchant account to your store, click on Payment & Currency from Manage Store and choose a payment method from the drop-down menu. It is not possible to use a third party merchant. 

For information about connecting your Online Store to PayPal, click here.
      For information about connecting your Online Store to WebMoney, click here.
      For information about connecting your Online Store to Skrill, click here.
      For information about connecting your Online Store to Authorize.Net, click here.
      For information about connecting your Online Store to PayU, click here.

We have added an offline payment option which enables you to accept payment options other than credit cards (i.e. cash, check, bank transfer, wire transfer, etc.)!
      You can find more information about this option here.

If you would like to see other payment gateways in the Wix Online Store, feel free to add your request to our Wishlist by posting in this thread.

Dina-Wix Team.
  • fernandogogarcia

Replied by fernandogogarcia July 1, 2014

Hello!

Can I accept payments by Adyen?

They have an HPP solution that is very easy to implement, so the efforts from your side should be minimum.

And you use Adyen to receive payments anyway, right? So you know how to do it already :)

Regards,

• Dean Wix Team

Replied by Dean July 1, 2014

Hey,

Unfortunately it is not possible to to receive payments using Adyen at the moment.

Currently, you can use PayPal, WebMoney, Skrill, Authorize.Net, PayU or the Offline Payment option with your Online Store shopping cart. Brazilian users can also use PagSeguro (please note that this payment method is available for Brazil only). After connecting your Online Store to your merchant account, all payments made by your buyers will appear in your merchant account unless you chose the Offline Payment option.

To connect your merchant account to your store, click on Payment & Currency from Manage Store and choose a payment method from the drop-down menu. It is not possible to use a third party merchant. 

For information about connecting your Online Store to Authorize.Net, click here.

If you would like to see other payment gateways in the Wix Online Store, feel free to add your request to our Wishlist by posting in this thread.

Let us know if you have anymore questions,
      All the best, Dean - Wix Team
  • timekwan

Replied by timekwan June 13, 2014

I wish WIX can support Bitcoin payment asap.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso June 13, 2014

Hi,

Dina-Wix Team.
  • maddogsrugby

Replied by maddogsrugby June 11, 2014

merchant account

I think what he meant was can people make credit card payments without leaving the site? In other words do you have API access? 

Wix is by far the best website creator platform on planet earth but I think its creators forgot that 90% of people who build websites do it for a profit organization. 

Unfortunately I build the most amazing sites on wix but my customers will only be comfortable when they can complete their transaction on one site. Having to be transferred to paypal website after experiencing an awesome wix website is a downer and it sucks. It makes my business seem like an amateur job. Wix has been around for years and I don't understand why this issue has not been made a priority. If they fix this there will be no stopping this company. 

• Alina Wix Team

Replied by Alina June 11, 2014

Hey, 

Thank you for your feedback! 

Currently it is not possible. In the meantime, please refer to the Best Reply above to accept direct credit card payments. 

Please let us know should you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,

Alina, Wix Support Team

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets