Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

We will warn you if you are getting close to the storage and bandwidth limitations.
We also plan to incorporate a counter. Please note that if you need unlimited bandwidth, you can upgrade to the Unlimited plan.
You can find more information about our plans here .

Replies(69 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • jim6462

Replied by jim6462 June 11, 2014

Overage on Storage space

What is the charge - or what happens - if we need to upload more than 20 GB of pics and data?

• herma57

Replied by herma57 May 7, 2014

Counter for storage and bandwidth

You were planning to incorporate the capability to check the size of one's site (storage and bandwidth), is it now possible?

Regards

Herman

• Bender Wix Team

Replied by Bender May 7, 2014

Hi!

Currently we don't have a counter, but we will notify you if you are approaching your storage limit. 

• choman63

Replied by choman63 April 12, 2014

Hi, I try to upload files to my blog (pdf) and I can upload files from some folders on my computer, but others are denied and I receive the message "storage service could not be reached".  At first I thought I had reached my maximum storage but was unable to find any info on how much space I have used.  Then I saw that I will be notified when my space is reaching the maximum.  To be on the safe side, I deleted a whole bunch of files, but this also did not resolve the issue.  

All the files I upload are well under the size limit, and larger files from some folders upload while small folders won't upload.  I have no restrictions on my own folders.  Why won't my files upload???????  Help Please!

• shayb7 Wix Team

Replied by shayb7 April 12, 2014

Hey,

This error usually occurs when trying to upload a file that contains a character '&'. In order to be able to upload the file please remove '&' from the file name.

If this is not the issue, please follow the steps provided here. Make sure you try and use different browsers, connections and devices. Please also make sure that you have the latest version of the browsers you use.

Wix is compatible with Internet Explorer (version 9 and above), Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here
      To download the latest Firefox browser please click here
      To download the latest Safari browser (for Mac) please click here
      To download the latest Internet Explorer browser please click here

If the issue persists, please let us know.

• choman63

Replied by choman63 April 12, 2014

Thanks!  It was the & symbol.  

• ilan-t Wix Team

Replied by ilan-t April 12, 2014

We are glad to hear, feel free to let us know if anything else comes up.

Best regards

• camcomputri

Replied by camcomputri March 13, 2014

If you keep telling people that they will be notified upon reaching their free limit...then is it safe to assume I have not reached my minimum free storage space limit yet?  I have no idea what package to buy because I do not know how large my template is currently.  And, if I AM near my limit, I do not know what package to buy because I do not know how much more I could add if I had more space because I don't know how much space things are taking up!!

A promotion hangs on the viability of this template and if I do not have a better answer than "they'll let me know if it gets too big" then I'm going to be laughed at.  Can someone please provide an accurate answer for this????

• Noa Wix Team

Replied by Noa March 14, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately our storage system sends these notifications automatically.

We and you have no way of seeing the capacity of storage used before this notification is sent.

Please note that exceeding the limit will not prevent you from loading more data to your site, however, it will drastically effect your site's performance and loading time.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Noa - Wix Team
  • sblount25

Replied by sblount25 March 4, 2014

I'm trying to choose a plan.Can I use a combo plan for a small consulting business?

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan March 5, 2014

Of course you can pick the combo for such a purpose. We recommend the yearly combo rather than the monthly, it does take the entire payment when you purchase but it is overall cheaper and includes gift vouchers. Please see about these when you pick your site to upgrade and see the different packages Wix has to offer.

• eugenerenard

Replied by eugenerenard February 13, 2014

information

Wix customer ID: 802090125

Dear, Can you tell me where I can find the used storage space in my account

• Morgana Wix Team

Replied by Morgana February 13, 2014

Hi,

as you can see in this thread, there's not a counter for the storage space yet. 

We will warn you if you are getting close to the storage and bandwidth limitations.

Cheers,

Morgana Wix Team
  • samuelhawk

Replied by samuelhawk February 10, 2014

I am having slow loading times, and it feels like a memory issue.  I constructed my wife's website under my email login, and when I started constructing my own site, my loading time really began to bog down halfway through.  I think the fix is to start a new account with empty storage, but since my user name is also my email account, I can't start another without getting another email address.  I have read the 'site transfer' option, and it seems to be the way we are supposed to deal with this problem, but I need assurance that the site will not go away or change when I transfer it to my wife's email account. 

thank you

• Michal

Replied by Michal February 10, 2014

Hi samuelhawk,

I checked your site, and didn't notice any exceptional loading time. Moving your site to a different account will not make a difference to this effect.

Performance issues are very important to us at Wix.

We have recently made many changes that should improve the performance and loading time for your websites.

If you are still experiencing performance issues with your website, this may be attributed to one of the following factors:

- The speed of your own connection or an overload at your ISP during peak hours

- Amount of content on your site or home page

- Many animations and animated behaviors or effects on your site

- Very large MP3 files that need to load on your homepage

- A slower computer (i.e. with a slow processor or low RAM) may load the site slowly, since it cannot process the information quickly enough.

In order to optimize your site for speed, try to follow these guidelines:

- Don't use too many animations on your homepage

- Try to use a uniform font for your site (1-3 fonts)

- If you decide to use an MP3 on your homepage, try to use a smaller file.

- If you use many shapes and components in the editor to create a larger image, it would be best if you create this as a single image on your computer and then upload it to Wix.

If you still experience an unacceptable speed issue and have done everything you can to optimize your site, we would like to request that you please load the site using www.webpagetest.org (an independent 3rd party site that will test the speed).

If you are not satisfied with the results that you see from the site and it is indeed loading slowly, then please send us the link to the results and the link to your site. We will investigate the results and your site- and if there is indeed an issue on our end, we will do our best to investigate it and fix it ASAP.

Thanks,

Michal - Wix Team
  • m44505

Replied by m44505 February 7, 2014

how do I know what size my storage is now?

• Michal

Replied by Michal February 7, 2014

Thank you for posting. 

While we don't have a counter, we will notify you if you are approaching your storage limit. 

Thanks,

Michal - Wix Team
  • lmcinternational

Replied by lmcinternational January 31, 2014

The bandwidth counter is a good idea, guys! Meanwhile, just to make sure we don't build heavy websites, that would take too long to load on bad connections, is there a way to know our websites' sizes? Or at least could you inform me about mine via inbox, please?
    Thanks, guys! Keep up the great work!

• Katie Wix Team

Replied by Katie January 31, 2014

Hi  lmcinternational ,

As mentioned in above reply, we will send you the email if you are getting close to the limits so you don't have to worry about it.

We'll try our best to add counter asap, so stay tuned :)

If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Katie
  • michaelrosengart

Replied by michaelrosengart January 23, 2014

I want to know how much storage and bandwidth I have with my site - currently.

And I need to know how many people can visit my site without it crashing.

I want to be able to host 5,000 people at a single time.

Is this possible?

• Kika Wix Team

Replied by Kika January 23, 2014

Hi  michaelrosengart,

Currently we are not able to provide a counter that will tell you how much storage and bandwidth you have with your site.

However, you should not have a problem with hosting this number of people.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets