Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

If you are experiencing the following issues, please post in this thread and include the site you are experiencing this issue with.

Error 21060 - If you are experiencing this issue, please post in this thread.

Error 21062 - If you are experiencing this issue, please post in this thread.

The editor freezes when switching to the mobile editor

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Replies(56 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • bwllondon

Replied by bwllondon June 28, 2014

I am trying to disable my mobile view so it shows the desktop view on the mobile but it is not letting me do it - I have seen the instructions for disable mobile view but do not have the options to be able to do this? 

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or June 28, 2014

Hi,

Please elaborate - where do you encounter a problem in the process?

Please guide us through the steps you take and what brings you to a halt.

All the best, Or - Wix support team.
    • bwllondon

It is in relation to shopify - I have tried to follow the instructions to disable mobile view but the options are not available and when I go on into mobile editor and disable optimised view it is still showing up message "not currently optimised for mobile view", obviously disappointed not optimised for mobile but now I just want it to show desktop view if people accessing from mobile and it isn't working!  Have spent all day working on this to only find this out and the instructions which Wix have for disabling mobile view are not correct

• Or Wix Team

Hi,

The message you've mentioned will appear if a site is not adjusted for mobile. It's okay in your case because that's what you want to achieve.

Go to the editor > Mobile editor > Mobile settings > Mobile View > Click the "Pre-Optimized View" > Make sure to save and publish your site!

• bwllondon

Have done that and still showing same not optimised message

• Or Wix Team

Hi,

You get this message because your site indeed isn't optimized for mobile view after choosing the "Pre-Optimized View" option, but as I understand from you - this is what you wanted to achieve in the first place.

So if in fact you like the way your site looks like in mobile view right now, please ignore that message.

• andinopowerslim

Replied by andinopowerslim June 25, 2014

Hi, my site: www.myandino.com

As I am using mobile version, I realized that there is no way for me to zoom into the news section, despite we have uploaded the full image of the article. Why is this so? How to make the zooming in possible to make reading much easier for mobile users?

Thanks, Andy

• synergyonecorp

Replied by synergyonecorp June 25, 2014

Hi, my site: www.myandino.com

As I am using mobile version, I realized that there is no way for me to zoom into the news section, despite we have uploaded the full image of the article. Why is this so? How to make the zooming in possible to make reading much easier for mobile users?

Thanks, Andy

• rony Wix Team

Replied by rony June 25, 2014

Hey Andy, 

The zoom option is disabled on mobile sites. The reason is that your new mobile optimized view is meant to display your content so that there is no need to zoom in. 

We document and learn from every feature request and bug brought to our attention. These objectives are immediately high priority milestones in Wix's product road map.

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

You can keep up to date with what features are coming soon here.

Rony WixTeam
  • introverse

Replied by introverse May 26, 2014

I painstakingly re-arranges all the elements on my home page to display correctly on the mobile view. Then, I make a copy of the page in order to later translate to a 2nd language, but when I switch to the mobile view of the copy it comes up all messed up like the original was before.

I definitely made a save in between. Is there a workaround for this? It will be a huge pain to do each copy from the start again.

• Noa Wix Team

Replied by Noa May 26, 2014

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Unfortunately, we are not familiar with a workaround for this.

Let us know if we can further assist,

Noa - Wix Team
    • introverse

Replied by introverse May 27, 2014

Hi Noa,

any chance that this can be fixed?

• introverse

Thinking about it it doesn't make any sense that an exact copy of a page behaves differently. Does it?

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella May 27, 2014

Hi,

I'm afraid you will have to do this manually, we do not a solution for it. 

The changes you make on the mobile editor do not affect the desktop site. Therefore, when re-arranging elements on your mobile site, the site's actual page does not change. Hence, once copied, the page's mobile version will show the original layout, without the adjustments you've made on the mobile editor of the page prior to its duplication.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ella

• introverse

In that case would it be possible to have a look at my pages and give me some advice on why the elements are displayed so randomly in the mobile editor? is there something that I have done wrong or some tip that I am not aware of?

thank you

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti May 28, 2014

Hi,

I was unable to see the issue when going to your mobile site.

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Best, Ritti
    • introverse

Replied by introverse May 28, 2014

Hi, as you can see elements of the desktop version are displayed with a random order in the mobile one. Sizes also tend to vary. (

thanks!

• introverse

actually I just realized why this is happening. So the question is: Is there a way to group elements in order to make a higher-order element that retains its priority and relationship ot each other? I tried the magnet link but it doesn't seem to work like that

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal May 28, 2014

Hi,

You can try a container workaround. By placing misaligned content within a ‘container’, you are securing several different items within a single shape. Items within a ‘container’ are locked into position and so will not appear to move on their own accord and/or knock other items out of alignment.

Use a Box that is set to appear as transparent (by moving the opacity down to 0) as your ‘container’. Place all of the various components within this Box so that they are ‘attached’ to it. Once within their container, these items are essentially grouped together and will not fall out of alignment.

You can also create the same layout using the List Builder. he List Builder allows you to create and manage lists on your site. Lists that you can build include product catalogs, FAQs, news and more! Click here for more information

Please inform us whether you need any further assistance,

Tal, Wix Team
    • introverse

I will try it out. thanks!

• Nati Wix Team

Replied by Nati May 29, 2014

Hey introverse,

You are most welcome :-)

Please let us know should you need additional assistance.

Best Regards, Nati - Wix Support Team
  • archiedog1961 Premium VIP

Replied by archiedog1961 May 25, 2014

The site crashes when I try to switch to the mobile editor.

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel May 25, 2014

Hello,

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Also, please try to use another browser and tell us if the issue persist.

• lolafinn

Replied by lolafinn May 17, 2014

www.msbls.com

After perfectly editing the mobile website, the mobile site view shows extremely long scroll down and empty patches on the sides. Looks like I've centered the mobile site preview and pasted on a very big web page.

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel May 17, 2014

Hello,

We can see that you actually embedded your Wix site in your domain www.msbls.com.

We do not support embedded site. You will need to connect your domain to your Wix site, in order to receive our support. 

It will also solve your mobile view issue.

• CoCo

Replied by CoCo May 14, 2014

I posted this earlier:

"I built a website a couple of days ago and have run into some issues with the mobile version. The published version of the desktop functions and looks as expected, so no problems there. With the mobile editor, i adjusted and tweaked what was necessary, hit save, and then previewed it on the Wix mobile editor. It all looked and functioned well, but when i published it and viewed it on my personal device, there were some noticeable errors - text being misaligned, logo offset etc.

It's so frustrating because i can't really change anything when it looks perfect on the mobile editor. I'm not sure if it's my phone that's causing this or something else. I use an iPhone 5S if that's of any help.

Thanks in advance,"

I received this response from Wix:

"Hi,

I visited your mobile site and could not see any issues with it. Please note that you will have to edit your mobile site in the mobile editor if you want to hide elements or change their location. "

Ok so in response to the reply, i've already stated clearly that i used the mobile editor to edit the mobile site - goes without saying. The problem still persists, but in case you need visual proof, i have attached a screenshot of what it looks like on my iphone (left image), as well as what it looks like on the mobile editor (right image) for comparison. You can see the logo doesn't fit as well as text on the button directly below.

Some valuable help on this would be appreciated.

(If the post is going to be deleted again for violations i'm unaware of, i would appreciate if i were informed so i don't do it again, thanks)

• Alina Wix Team

Replied by Alina May 14, 2014

Hey,

I noticed that you have posted multiple questions on the forum.

In order to receive a more accurate response and to avoid any confusion with overlapping material, please post your question only once.

This will also speed up our response time to you since you will not have to repeat your issue multiple times and explain it to multiple representatives.

Please refer to our response in this thread.

Thank you,
      Alina, Wix Support Team
  • CoCo

Why was my post deleted??

• CoCo

Along with the response that was given

• crmillerny

Replied by crmillerny May 13, 2014

I'm currently having this issue with mobile editor. When I switch between the desktop vs mobile versions nothing changes. The desktop version remains and doesn't switch. When it does switch all I see is an empty mobile device and that's only some times. Is Wix having a technical glitch right now?

Thanks!

• crmillerny

Replied by crmillerny May 13, 2014

Preview also doesn't seem to work in the desktop version now. I'm getting all kinds of glitches. Must be something up with Wix. I'll wait and see what happens. I'm referring to my site www.myTeleYoga.com (which is still under construction online because I'm waiting for a full domain transfer from yahoo).  

Thanks!

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti May 14, 2014

Hi,

Please clear your cache and check if the issue persist. Also, please let us know if this is happening only on a specific browser or on others as well.

You can find step by step instructions here.

Best, Ritti
  • alicemomma

Replied by alicemomma May 12, 2014

I was just making a site and had a series of weird occurrences.. i deleted a page (because I wanted to change the page layout from list to grid, and there didn't seem to be that as an edit option outside of originally making it), which seemed to delete text and items that were showing on all pages elsewhere and as far as i am concerned were completely unrelated... then I thought OK let me preview and see whats going on... I check the mobile site preview, and it freezes.

This is my first site... I had done a significant amount and not yet saved... have i lost everything ?

• Alina Wix Team

Replied by Alina May 12, 2014

Hey, 

I am sorry you are experiencing  difficulties. To which site of your sites are you referring to?

You can find all of your backed-up site versions in the Site History section of My Account, mark the important ones and name them!

You can also see an overview of all edits and changes that you have made to your saved and published site. This will make it easy for you to view, flag or restore to a prior version of your website at any point!

To access your site history: From My Account, next to the relevant site, click Manage & Edit Site > under Site Actions on the right, click My Site History.

For step by step instructions click here.

You can also create a duplicate copy of your site by going to My Account , clicking  Manage & Edit Site  and then clicking  Duplicate Site . For more information, click  here .

Thanks, 

Alina, Wix Support Team

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets