Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
Sharon

Wix offers several options to ensure that your website always looks great, on both desktop and mobile. 

Use the built-in guidelines, or add some of your own, via the 'Rulers and Guides' button at the top of the Editor, to test and verify that your site looks the way you want  it to on different computer and tablet screen sizes. Sites do not automatically adjust to screen size, so play around to get the right proportions for you.

Wix templates are also optimized for view on smartphone devices. Any changes you make in the Desktop Editor are automatically reflected in the Mobile Editor.

You can adjust your mobile site layout and even hide certain elements from view. Any changes that you make in the Mobile Editor will not be reflected in the Desktop Editor This allows you to create a better mobile experience for your site visitors. Click here for more information or view the tutorial below:

Feel free to vote for this feature request in this thread.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

Replies(94 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • steigerhoutnijmegen

Replied by steigerhoutnijmegen 2 days ago

responsive design

Hello,

please make responsive designs possible. Need tablet versions.

tnx

• Marina Wix Team

Replied by Marina 2 days ago

Hello steigerhoutnijmegen,

I've merged your request with the relevant wishlist thread. 

Please read the comment marked as best reply above. 

Thank you for your feedback and for contacting Wix! Please feel free to do so again for any further assistance you may require.

• thompsonblake

Replied by thompsonblake July 16, 2014

iOS display issue in horizontal view

Hello,

As of last night, my website isn't displaying correctly on my iOS when I flip my phone to horizontal view. It shifts to the right instead of staying centered.  Although, it does appear correctly in vertical view.  I'm noticing that this is an issue with other wix sites as well.  I should probably also mentioned that I just updated my iOS to 7.1.2, and that I'm not using the mobile optimization feature.  Please help!  Thanks!

My domain is www.thompsonblake.com

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 17, 2014

Hello,

I have merged your post with the relevant thread. Please read the Best Reply herein above, and let us know in case you have any questions.

All the best, Or
    • thompsonblake

Replied by thompsonblake July 17, 2014

No, this isn't right.  My HTML site conformed perfectly to vertical and horizontal rotations on my iPhone before I updated to iOS 7.1.2.  To double check, I checked out my site on a friend's iPhone (not updated to iOS 7.1.2), and it conformed perfectly.  Furthermore, I know how to use mobile editor, but I don't want to because it's limiting. My site is better experienced in HTML - even on a moblile device.  This problem does not happen with non WIX sites.  Just WIX sites.  I hope that this can be corrected.  Thanks.

• thompsonblake

Yeah, this is definitely a WIX issue.  Right now, I'm trying to create a mobile version with mobile editor.  There's so many bugs it's ridiculous.

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios July 17, 2014

Hi,

Please note that the Wix Optimized Mobile view is an HTML platform.

We recommend using the optimized mobile view for seeing your site live on the mobile What is the Wix Optimized Mobile View?

Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

Many thanks, Barrios
    • thompsonblake

I do not want to use the mobile view.  I can't do what I need to with it.  Is it not possible to address the issue?  Why, all of a sudden, is the desktop version of my site whacking out when I rotate my phone to horizontal view?  This has never happened before.  Not until I updated my iOS to 7.1.2.  Other websites do not have this problem.  Only wix.  

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or July 17, 2014

Hi there,

I've just dealt with the exact same issue that occurs with another user's site. Please see it here.

As you can see there, I've forwarded the information to our QA department and they are currently working on resolving the matter. Please follow that topic by clicking on "Follow this topic" in the first post.

The answer that will be given there should also aid you with what you're experiencing, so keep your eyes peeled.

We'll be happy to help should you require further assistance.

All the best, Or - Wix support team.
  • naturalmom

Replied by naturalmom July 16, 2014

I agree, this feature/update needs to be front and center. As I a move into developing more sites for clients, this is #1 for those who know what is current and what is important to their business. 

• mercadeogrupoasi

Replied by mercadeogrupoasi July 15, 2014

I vote for this, please I need it

• isaacsimon

Replied by isaacsimon July 15, 2014

i vote for this

• tndlux

Replied by tndlux July 14, 2014

I vote for this feature too, the ability to set up a mobile version is good but it seems outdated compared to responsive design.

• singinghillscampnh Premium VIP

Replied by singinghillscampnh July 11, 2014

I vote for this feature. 

• fluiditycoaching

Replied by fluiditycoaching July 11, 2014

responsive

Has Wix fixed this yet? Responsive sites are more the expectation nowadays. and creating a site that is not responsive is akin to using Comic Sans. Can we get this show on the road or what?

Britt

• Dean Wix Team

Replied by Dean July 11, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out,

Currently it is still not possible,

I have merged your query to the main thread for this feature request so you can stay updated with the latest news.

Please go over the information in the best reply above.

Let us know if you need additional help.

All the best, Dean - Wix Team
  • krisforge

Replied by krisforge July 10, 2014

Would be great to have for sure!

• HIRO Wix Team

Replied by HIRO July 11, 2014

Thanks for your input! :)

-HIRO, Wix Team
  • garyxavier

Replied by garyxavier July 10, 2014

I have no idea the engineering bandwidth it would take, but I would gladly pay more if Wix implemented a responsive feature!!!!! It would solve so many issues!

You are the best!

Gary

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets