- Back to Search Results
Stats 437,610 topics posted 7,113 include Best Reply by Wix Team
Replies(705 replies total)
Replied by facetsofcrystal 3 days ago
I definitely agree that as a paying customer I should have the option to switch to an HTML5 website. I have spent 100s of hours building my flash site, which as you know is not compatible on most mobile devices. I am NOT going to spend 100s more hours REBUILDING my site. I have hundreds of photos and albums as I am a photographer, there is no way I could ever have the time to start from scratch. I do not remember there being an option when I first started my website, and I also do not remember an email giving me the option to convert. With the world of technology, and the prices I have to pay to keep my website up and running... its absolutely ridiculous that conversion is not an option.
Replied by environmentalaudit 5 days ago
I don' t remember being told abuut Flash to HTML tool. I have two sites in Flash format. One Combo site with wix since 2010. Thought Wix amazing until now.... Not happy
Replied by paddykelly1 July 21, 2014
What have I designed on wix.com?
I am unable to upload my site through my webhost as I don't have an index.html.
I am very inexperienced with web design (my first attempt) so I'm lost with computer jargon but have I just wasted my domain and hosting ? How can I upload my website I designed here????????
Disgruntled and Frustrated
Replied by samuelbellamy July 19, 2014
I am adding my two cents worth again. I think Wix is holding their members in contempt for such callous disregard for the work done by them..it really is scandalous.
1. Other websites similar to yours, DO OFFER FLASH TO HTML5 CONVERSION. That you don't is total disregard for your customers endless hours of effort on their flash websites.
In addition, you were also very reluctant to disclose in an OVERT way that the Flash websites were only visible on certain browsers and conditions when people signed up originally.
2. Obviously from the amount of answers on this thread, you have done a really lousy job of making the differences, capabilities and future of the platforms - so the amateur designer could easily make a correct decision and NOT spend tens if not a 100 or more hours designing on a dying platform.
3. You do not offer the combo of HTML5 for the Apple Products and other platforms that need it, along with maintaining their flash page for normal windows browsers, etc. and simply make a Entry page that let's the visitor choose the platform the person wants to see, PROBLEM SOLVED. You would need to purchase 2 Wix sites to achieve this. This should have been offered. It would satisfy many of your clients.
4. You also could have automatically converted EVERYONE'S site into HTML5 and saved it for them since you knew this would be a huge issue in the near future. That would hae been the client-friendly way to go but you did not opt for this. Again the bottom line on YOUR end and lack of concern about the customer's satisfaction.
5. Your HTML sites offer much less in the way of design ability and you also removed many of the clipart options that were available in Flash from the HTML version, so if a person like me used many of the clipart options, THEY CAN NO LONGER RECREATE THE SITE BECAUSE THE SAME ARTWORK AND FONTS ARE NO LONGER PRESENT. HOW CAN WE RECREATE THE SITES IF WE DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE ARTWORK AND FONTS?
YOU ALSO DON'T ALLOW THE OPTION OF MEMBERS TO DOWNLOAD THEIR OWN ARTWORK IF NECESSARY AND IN MY CASE IT IS VERY NECESSARY.
6. The simplicity of the HTML5 designs are really poor design. Not nearly as nice as the Flash Designs. And with a ton less options. Blocky and your eye does not travel around the page as it should. How do I know this..I teach graphic design and graphic editing programs at university level.
7. PS, I like the way you choose your staff's own answers as the "BEST" Answer in this thread. Talk about Corporate Self-Interest. Addressing none of the complaints and in addition, patting yourself on the back in a snarky way. Frankly, that sucks.
Replied by wetheusers July 16, 2014
for those who miss this feature, let me tell you that it would not have saved you any time. I tried it a good number of times throughout the time it was available, it was merely a zombie version of your flash site at best with half the things missing entirely. or totally in the wrong places and pages.
trust me, you would be better off avoiding this anyway and build your thing with existing images and text that you have from scratch using a blank template
Replied by drbaume July 16, 2014
As a paying customer...there should be a way for us to easily change from a flash to HTML5 site. If that is no longer an option then there should be a way for you guys to do so. We spent HOURS building a site only to be told that we have to rebuild it! What is the incentive to stay using your site. If we are paying a fee and we have to rebuild anyway then what is keeping us from looking elsewhere for a website developer? What are you doing to make it right with your existing customers?
Replied by Phil Partridge July 16, 2014Flash to HTML conversion...?
I have two live FLASH sites operating at the moment:
I am aware that you no longer offer Flash templates, but you used to offer a service to "change" Flash sites into HTML 5 format........
Do you still offer this service please?
Both the sites I have mentioned need to be formatted so that they can be viewed in ipad/mobile platforms, I spoke with one of your colleagues some time ago, who said that a basic transision could be done, but modifications would need to be made by me.
Please reply as soon as possible.......Thank you.....Phil.Phil.
Replied by JMSART July 8, 2014how to upgrade your current site to html5
I want my two sites, joanne schwindt photography and my sewloveknit sites to also work on mobile devices. They currently do not.
How can I upgrade my site to offer this new service that you have currently updated. Thank you.