Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

Please make sure that the images that you're uploading are either in jpg, .png, & .gif formats and are under 15MB. If your image does meet these requirements, please click here for further troubleshooting instructions.

You can find more information about images here.

Replies(274 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • clareybelles

Replied by clareybelles Yesterday

I keep getting unable to upload media

Hi there

I am new to your site so before commiting to an upgrade I've started to try and create a website with you....I've hit a prob already and can't upload any images from my pc. Please help it says unsupported media?? They are all jpeg and around 3 to 4 mb, I've followed all your tis to get this to work clearing cache etc. Any more ideas?? 

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal 21 hours ago

Hi clareybelles,

Thank you for contacting Wix support team.

I'm merged your query with the relevant thread. Please check the instructions on the Best Reply at the top of this page.

Please tell us how it went and whether you need any further assistance,

Tal, Wix Team
  • ash173

Replied by ash173 July 16, 2014

upload issues

I can not upload photos. It will not load at all.

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti July 16, 2014

Hi,

Please refer to the best reply above. In addition, please let us know what exactly happens when you are trying to upload an image.

Thank you.

Best, Ritti
  • ccr416

Replied by ccr416 July 15, 2014

Error code 10413

I keep getting the following:  Upload failed - Error code: 10413 Uploaded file is of unsupported type for the media

I get this when I try to upload an image to my gallery

I have been able to successfully do it in the past, for example, I created my logo and was able to upload it and put on my site.  I made some changes to the file and now can't upload the new file.

this is a problem that I have experienced for the past several days.

I have tried both .png and .jpg format

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 15, 2014

Hello,

I have merged your post with the relevant thread. Please read the Best Reply herein above, and make sure your file does not exceed the specified file size.

In case the issue reoccurs, please attach a screenshot of the error message that pops up.

For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

All the best, Or
  • slhchiworks

Replied by slhchiworks July 1, 2014

cannot upload any of my images either. I tried  the suggests noted to no avail. Help...

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron July 2, 2014

Hi slhchiworks,

Thank you for contacting Wix.

We apologize for the inconvenience. In order for us to investigate and assist, please elaborate on the issue you've encountered. What exactly happens when you attempt to upload an image, any error messages?

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Should the issue persist, make sure to test it on other updated browsers in order to compare the results.

Let us know how it went, which browsers and exact versions you've tested.

Ron, Wix Team
  • nocturnefanzinesm

Replied by nocturnefanzinesm June 25, 2014

Can't upload picture and clipart

Hello,

I have a problem, I can not upload picture on my wix editor. Somebody could help me ?

Thx.

• gills2 Wix Team

Replied by gills2 June 25, 2014

Hey,

Do you receive an error message when to trying to upload images? Does it happen with all images or specific ones?

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

We also recommend you to try and use different browsers and see if there is any difference.
      To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here
      To download the latest Firefox browser please click here
      To download the latest Safari browser please click here
      To download the latest Internet Explorer browser please click here

Please let us know if this issue persists.
      Gill, Wix Team
  • davidcgc

Replied by davidcgc June 25, 2014

Cannot delete images from image gallery or create folders

I cannot delete images from the image gallery, create folders or add new images. 

Please advise what can be done as a matter of urgency.

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal June 25, 2014

Hi,

I've merged your query with the relevant thread.

Please follow the instructions on the Best Reply at the top of this page and tell us how it went.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tal, Wix Team
  • dkcsmiles

Replied by dkcsmiles June 22, 2014

I finally resolved my problem. Knock on wood? I upgraded to the latest versions of everything. then switched to firefox to manage my site. so far so good.

• Miki- Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Miki- Wix Team June 22, 2014

Great to hear!

Let me know should you need further assistance.

Best regards, Miki- Wix Support Team
  • tonythetiger23

Replied by tonythetiger23 June 21, 2014

Im having sort of the same issue..never had this issue but...cannot change/upload image..but clip art pictures can be inserted...any solutions anybody?

p.s Ive already cleared my cookie history etc.

• Yoav Wix Team

Replied by Yoav June 21, 2014

Hello,

If you're using Firefox 30.0, please clear your browser's cache again - this should resolve the issue.

If not, please try using your browser in private/anonymous mode:

In Chrome, press CTRL + SHIFT + N.

In Firefox and Internet Explorer, press CTRL + SHIFT + P.

If the problem persists, please let us know which browsers (and version) you're using.

Don't hesitate to contact us again if you need anything else - we'll be happy to further assist!

• rainbowrozi

Replied by rainbowrozi June 20, 2014

Hello, on my blog posts I try to add additional images within the post using the capture screen function. This uploads the images as I write and then when I post the images turn to blue question marks? How do I fix this? 

• Itamar Wix Team

Replied by Itamar June 21, 2014

If I understand correctly, you are trying to add multiple images to one blog post.

If so, then unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment. But I can assure you we are working on adding this feature.

If I misunderstood your intention, then please expand on what are you trying to achieve, and what steps have you taken so far.

Itamar, Wix team
  • jaweks

Replied by jaweks June 19, 2014

I also have had problems updating my site, i can do all but upload new photos to show my custom work.

i click on the right add or change photos' and the last few times it gives me the pinwheel and freezes up. i can't even go back to publish any changes as soon as i click on that change picture.

this is getting frustrating,i have read all the replys and tried it all. let me know what you can do or what i can do please. thank you!

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony June 19, 2014

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

Please note that I have checked your editor, and wasn't able to recreate this issue. I was able to upload a new image to your gallery.

In most cases, upload issues are related to a local misconfiguration of certain settings on your computer, or to your internet connection.

Please follow these steps in order to troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing:

1. Try uploading other images. Is this issue isolated to specific images? If so, please email us the problematic images.
      2. Make sure the file name does not contain any special characters.
      3. Clear your browser's cache of "Everything". 
      4. Log out of your Wix account, restart your browser and then log into your Wix account and try again.
      5. Try using other browsers to open Wix. Recommended browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and either IE or Safari (depending on whether you use a PC or a MAC).
      6. If you connect to the internet through a router, please try connecting directly through the modem.
      7. Try temporarily disabling your internet security programs and try again (i.e. antivirus, firewall, etc.). It is preferable to try this while still connected to the modem directly. This is meant to assist us in determining the source of the problem that you're facing.
      8. Try connecting to Wix from a different computer that uses a different internet connection.

Finally, if you are still having issues, please contact us. Let us know exactly which steps you tried and what worked or didn't work. Please also include the following information:

1. What Operating System you're using (i.e. Mac OSX, Windows XP, etc.) - and what version it is.
      2. What browsers you've tried - and include the version of the browser (can generally be found by going to Help > About within the browser).
      3. What version of Flash you have installed on your computer- you can find this at whatismyflash.com
      4. Your Wix username and the name of the site(s) with the issue.
      5. If you receive an error message, please attach the error message that you receive.
      6. Your geographic location and which ISP you use.
      7. Which internet security programs you have installed on your computer (antivirus, firewall, etc.).

Please let us know how it went. Should you require further assistance, we are here for you.

Thanks, Rony Customer Solutions

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets