Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
BenjaminB Wix Team

We have resolved the issue with HTML Facebook templates not coming up on your Facebook Pages.

As for Flash Facebook templates, due to limitations with https protocols with the Flash integration on a Facebook Page, we are no longer able to support Flash issues on Facebook Pages.

If you are experiencing an issue with your Flash template not showing on your Facebook Page then please create a new Facebook site using our HTML solution.

To add a HTML Facebook template:

1. log on to WIX.com - 'My Account' area

2. Scroll down till you see the link to '+ Create a New Site'

3. Scroll all the way down to the footer area and click on the 'Facebook Templates' link

You should be taken to our HTML Facebook template page from where you can start to edit your new HTML Facebook template.

We apologize for the inconvenience regarding Flash Facebook templates.

Replies(305 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • danshelley

Replied by danshelley April 30, 2014

wix page disappeared from facebook

My wix page no longer shows up on Facebook.

When I return to wix to republish the page, my page is here at wix, fully intact, but will not publish to my page.

Please help!

• Niv Wix Team

Replied by Niv April 30, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a known issue using Flash Facebook templates.

I merged your ticket here so you can receive more information and updates regarding this matter. Please refer to the best reply above.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Niv, Wix Support
    • danshelley

Replied by danshelley May 1, 2014

So I followed these steps, which gets me to the point I can create a new page.

Does this mean I have to rebuild all of my previous work?

Because it's still sitting there in my account and it looks usable.

Please advise.

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal May 1, 2014

Hi,

There is no need to start from scratch, you can use one of our HTML5 Facebook templates.

Have a great day,

Tal, Wix Team
    • danshelley

Replied by danshelley May 5, 2014

My page was not built from and looks nothing like any of the templates, so I do have to start from scratch, correct? There is no way to take my existing page and "reset" it in some way to make it now publishable.

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan May 5, 2014

Unfortunately no, your old Flash-Facebook site is technologically obsolete by now, it cannot be adapted or changed.

• misslillybee

Replied by misslillybee April 7, 2014

I cleared the cache like 50 times, uninstalled and reinstalled the WIX App on FB and on my Page 5 times and stil nothing. I paid for Premium so I dont understand the issue.

• Niv Wix Team

Replied by Niv April 7, 2014

Hi,

I apologize for the confusion.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue using Flash Facebook templates.

I merged your ticket here so you can receive more information and updates regarding this matter. Please refer to the best reply above.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Niv, Wix Support
  • Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti April 7, 2014

Hi,

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Best, Ritti
  • misslillybee

Replied by misslillybee April 7, 2014

Cant publish my FB Landing/Like Page Error APPCONFIG.XML

I tried to publish my FB Landing/Like Page and I keep getting error APPCONFIG.XML File Not Found and it wont show my page

• edbrusque

Replied by edbrusque March 19, 2014

I can´t publish my facebook wix page on facebook

I´m having problems, It´s note being possible to publish my facebook wix page on facebook. When I click on publish it goes to another page but with errors.

Help me!

• Anat Wix Team

Replied by Anat March 19, 2014

Hey,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

I have added your query to the relevant thread.

Please see the "best reply" at the top of this page.

Please note that since your FB template is Flash, we are no longer able to support it, however, you can create an HTML FB page following the steps above.

You are welcome to contact us for further assistance.

Anat - Wix Team
  • patrickpak

Replied by patrickpak March 12, 2014

cannot view "my site" on Facebook

When I click "my site" on Facebook it fail to launch the wix site. I have attached the print screen for your kind advice!. Thank you!

• Niv Wix Team

Replied by Niv March 12, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with our flash Facebook sites.

Niv, Wix Support
  • bettebennett01

Replied by bettebennett01 February 8, 2014

APPCONFIG.XML FILE NOT FOUND!

Wix page was working fine for a year on our company Facebook page, then starting getting this message:APPCONFIG.XML FILE NOT FOUND!  Please help as many of our followers love this part of our site, thanks! 

• Tali Wix Team

Replied by Tali February 8, 2014

Hey

I've merged your message to this thread since this is a known issue with Flash Facebook sites. Please refer to the best reply above.

You can find the HTML Facebook templates here

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Tali, Wix Team
  • Metro, Servivios Inmobiliarios

Replied by Metro, Servivios Inmobiliarios February 1, 2014

APPCONFIG.XML FILE NOT FOUND! error while publicating my page on Facebook

When I try to publish my page on facebook, appears the folowing message:

$somethingwentwrong$

APPCONFIG.XML FILE NOT FOUND!

How can I overcome this?

Thanks,

ricardo_suazo@hotmail.com

• Tali Wix Team

Replied by Tali February 2, 2014

Hey Ricardo

I've merged your message to this thread since this is a known issue with Flash Facebook sites. Please refer to the best reply above.

You can find the HTML Facebook templates here

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Tali, Wix Team
  • Miki- Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Miki- Wix Team February 1, 2014

We have resolved the issue with HTML Facebook templates not coming up on your Facebook Pages.

As for Flash Facebook templates, due to limitations with https protocols with the Flash integration on a Facebook Page, we are no longer able to support Flash issues on Facebook Pages.

If you are experiencing an issue with your Flash template not showing on your Facebook Page then please create a new Facebook site using our HTML solution.

To add a HTML Facebook template:

1. log on to WIX.com - 'My Account' area

2. Scroll down till you see the link to '+ Create a New Site'

3. Scroll all the way down to the footer area and click on the 'Facebook Templates' link

You should be taken to our HTML Facebook template page from where you can start to edit your new HTML Facebook template.

Best regards, Miki- Wix Support Team
  • nicoletaylorgfx

Replied by nicoletaylorgfx February 1, 2014

My FB page won't work and I get this message in the window.

I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but still get the error message.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets