Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

If you are experiencing performance Issues with your HTML Site, please post your issue in this thread.

At Wix, we strive to provide the best services possible for you and your website's visitors.

We hold performance related issues in the highest regard and we are constantly working to improve the loading time and overall performance of sites built with our platform. Rest assured this is our top priority and we are currently working on a major update to address this issue. This update should be released in our next core version.

If your website takes more than 5-7 seconds to load, please go to www.webpagetest.org and run a test for your site. Once you receive the results, please post a link to the results here.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Replies(3,055 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • Hudson Wix Team

Replied by Hudson December 5, 2012

Hey

I have just viewed your site and ran an independent speed test http://www.webpagetest.org and can see that the your site took between 5 - 7 seconds to load.

This has also showed that the images need to be compressed

http://static.wix.com/media/84770f_187545528ee77fac3cf55d102da8c89e.jpg_srz_980_368_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

http://static.wix.com/media/84770f_27ec0b2e3a30c423c76ad738cca20de3.jpg_crp_0_0_132_132_132_132_crp

http://static.wix.com/media/e81007_ad613eb5fbfeac98ffc78208112d0452.jpg_srz_348_261_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

http://static.wix.com/media/e81007_510435d65d9ff549e990c657734f2f3b.jpg_srz_347_267_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

To ensure that you maintain the quality of your photos and decrease loading time to a minimum when uploading to Wix, please follow the guidelines here

You can find more information about how to upload pictures here.

Once you have changed the size of the images please let us know if your site is still running slowly.

• itamarbdor

Replied by itamarbdor December 5, 2012

my website is allready upgrade to unlimitted

• Hudson Wix Team

Replied by Hudson December 5, 2012

SEO stands for “search engine optimization”. Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving the visibility of your website in search results. In other words, SEO is the technique of making the content of your website more legible and attractive to search engines, so that they can both find and rank your site higher than the millions of other sites in response to a search query.

Good SEO results in a high page rank in search results for your name, business, or keywords connected to services you offer. However, keywords are a competitive market and SEO requires a long-term outlook and commitment.

Top companies spend thousands of dollars to ensure their keywords come up top. Wix guarantees that all of the text and meta tags on your site are being scanned by search engines, however we cannot guarantee that Google will choose to rank your website highly, this part is up to you.

One thing you can do to immediately improve your SEO is to connect your own domain name to your Wix site. You can do this via upgrading. Learn more about upgrading your website here.

Please take a moment to read our getting Started: SEO learning center pages here.

• philipjohnston

Replied by philipjohnston December 4, 2012

New customer disgusted at website loading time

I have been a member of Wix as a premium customer now for 1 week. I have 3 images on my home page which are each 50k in size or less. You cannot blame my images, as I have seen in other posts for this issue.  I have a 40Mb Fibre connection and I find my site takes 5 to 10 seconds to load, my internet connection is not the problem. This is simply unacceptable. If this does not improve I think I have no option but to move to a proper hosting provider rather than hosted through wix. Anyone else experience the issue? I have no idea if this is being posted to a public forum for Wix support so:

To Wix - what is going on here?? I have developed sites for years and never seen a site load so slow than I am experiencing on your site builder

To other users - anyone else seen this with your own site?

Thanks. 

• itamarbdor

Replied by itamarbdor December 4, 2012

hi the tool of web speed show to me that the wix static is the 1 that make my web site slow

you can see http://www.webpagetest.org/pagespeed.php?test=121204_AS_BVA&run=1&cached=0

i dubeled chaced

• itamarbdor

Replied by itamarbdor December 4, 2012

thx for your replay

i anderstood that for good seo the website needs to upload in 2 sec

if i put another player to youtube form with the app html it will go faster?

who can i make google index be good? 

• Omer Wix Team

Replied by Omer December 4, 2012

Forgot to reply about the google part.

I entered "site:j-locksmith.com" in google search and was able to find many pages of your site that are indexed.

If you are having problems with specific keyword searches on google, i would recommend checking out our SEO guides.

Promoting Your Site: Better SEO

• Omer Wix Team

Replied by Omer December 4, 2012

Hey,

4.5 seconds is a reasonable loading time for a site.. If you want to make it load faster then i would recommend to not have a youtube embed on the home page.

Also replace the auto playing gallery you have at the top of the page with a static image.

These two changes should improve your loading time.

• itamarbdor

Replied by itamarbdor December 3, 2012

slow website

hello i have a premium website in wix www.j-locksmith.com

and the web site upload is 4.58 its very slow for me google dont like it also what can i do?

• Mark

Replied by Mark December 2, 2012

Does someone have an alternative for WIX? I am losing my faith in the guys of WIX.

I tried moonfroot.com but has someone maybe a beter alternative?

Best, Mark

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets