Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

If you are experiencing performance Issues with your HTML Site, please post your issue in this thread.

At Wix, we strive to provide the best services possible for you and your website's visitors.

We hold performance related issues in the highest regard and we are constantly working to improve the loading time and overall performance of sites built with our platform. Rest assured this is our top priority and we are currently working on a major update to address this issue. This update should be released in our next core version.

If your website takes more than 5-7 seconds to load, please go to www.webpagetest.org and run a test for your site. Once you receive the results, please post a link to the results here.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Replies(3,054 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • labeautecreamery

Replied by labeautecreamery 8 hours ago

I'm trying to edit my site but the html5 is loading extremely slow! Help!! Nothing will show up

http://editor.wix.com/html/editor/web/renderer/edit/d610f851-86a5-4018-9633-a89e91c91bdd?metaSiteId=9f1f0856-a721-4c8a-b355-2049cf047b8c&editorSessionId=CCE5091F-88F8-4B62-AE50-16F917506070

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or 6 hours ago

Hi,

I've visited your site's editor and it loaded absolutely fine on my end, and without any delay.

If you're still encountering issues with your site's editor from your end, please follow these instructions

Please let us know should you require further assistance. 

All the best, Or - Wix support team.
  • enagimov

Replied by enagimov 8 hours ago

Why my site became so slow - here are results http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140722_W6_QSE/

I dint have any such problems few days ago.

• Miki- Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Miki- Wix Team 7 hours ago

Hi,

Please note that your site has multiple issues that can be the cause for the downtime.

First, you have a lot of pages, which is the main issue. Try cutting down as much as you can on you page quantities. Try uniting pages.

Second, which you can see in your test results, your site scored an F on Progressive JPEGs.

To ensure that you maintain the quality of your photos and decrease loading time to a minimum when uploading to Wix, please follow the guidelines here.

You can find more information about how to upload pictures here.

Best regards, Miki- Wix Support Team
  • strikingnotes

Replied by strikingnotes 10 hours ago

Am new to Wix (using my domain thru 1&1 to point to my Wix) and have had really inconsistent loading of the site. It works perfectly a little less than half the time, and the rest of the time it won't load AT ALL. Get the following message:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.angelicarjackson.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
        If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
        If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Have also had other people say they go to it and can't access it. This is not acceptable; I love the template but need the site to be up.

AngelicaRJackson.com

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or 7 hours ago

Hey,

I've visited your website which works perfectly. I also ran a test for your site, you can see the results here, they are excellent!

If you're still encountering issues with your site from your end, please follow these instructions

• strikingnotes

Replied by strikingnotes 7 hours ago

Yes, it is working now. It will work for awhile, and then...it just doesn't. For me or for others. Next time it's down again I'll send another ping. Thanks!

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or 6 hours ago

You're welcome. We'll be happy to help in case any difficulties should arise.

• katia579

Replied by katia579 11 hours ago

Hello,

I do love the platform but my site is loading very slowly.  http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140722_2E_HRB/  Is there anything I can do or change to speed it up?  If don't want to loose people. They will get the site in from from a radio show. It's a book giveaway.  Thanks

• rony Wix Team

Replied by rony 11 hours ago

Hi, 

Your site received a score of 'D' for progressive .jpegs.

To rectify this, you will need to save your images in progressive .jpeg format. If you are using Gimp to improve your image quality, you will be able to make these changes in the Advanced Options section.

A great way to increase site performance is to optimize the images that you use. To find out more, please click here!

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Rony WixTeam
  • 001jsc

Replied by 001jsc 12 hours ago

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140722_22_B0C/

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios 11 hours ago

Hi,

I tested your site on our end and did not experience any loading time issues, for results please click here.

There are two main factors that affect the loading time: 

1. The size of your website 

2. The Internet connection that you have through your ISP 

Since we cannot do anything to help your site regarding factor 2, your main goal should

be optimizing your site's size.

Heavy content such as galleries, video's, HTML coding etc. will cause longer load times.

To ensure that you maintain the quality of your photos and decrease loading time to a minimum, please follow the guidelines  here .

Also please note that each page in your site is loaded separately so that if you have large amounts of media in your site it is recommended to spread it on different pages and not all on one page.

We are here should you require further assistance.

Many thanks, Barrios
  • artistjenm

Replied by artistjenm 18 hours ago

Hi my site loads to slowly. Here is the web test address http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140722_SF_72A/

jenmellor.com is my site 

Thanks ;)

• amitn6 Wix Team

Replied by amitn6 12 hours ago

Hello artistjenm,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

I have also tested your site's loading speed and have received these results. 

I have also tried testing from different locations and concluded that your site receives poor 'First Byte Time' due to server locations. We are working all the time to improve server speed, but sometimes computers located in far places (e.g. Australia) trying to connect to the site will receive poor First Byte Time grades.

Feel free to contact us should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards, Amit
  • mdf105

Replied by mdf105 Yesterday

My page is taking longer than 7 seconds to fully load.  I have tried converting my pics to progressive jpeg files using Gimp and have checked the images to make sure they are progressive.  All but one is not.  Yet I am still receiving an F in my site performance test for progressive jpeg images.

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140722_9M_N7/

Anything you can do to help would be appreciated. 

Matt

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios 18 hours ago

Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting the Wix support team.

Since we cannot do anything to help your site regarding factor 2, your main goal should

Heavy content such as galleries, video's, HTML coding etc. will cause longer load times.

To ensure that you maintain the quality of your photos and decrease loading time to a minimum, please follow the guidelines  here .

Also please note that each page in your site is loaded separately so that if you have large amounts of media in your site it is recommended to spread it on different pages and not all on one page.

We are here should you require further assistance.

Many thanks, Barrios
  • kelligazich

Replied by kelligazich Yesterday

Hi there,

We're having issues on every type of browser in-office and out of office. Sometimes it doesn't load at all, it just leaves a white blank page with the URL at the top.

Here's the test results: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140721_BJ_YMQ/

Can you let me know how we can make this loading time much faster?

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios 18 hours ago

Hi,

I see your test results show a loading time of 5.9 seconds which is a normal loading time result.

We are here should you require further assistance.

Many thanks, Barrios
  • pawsible

Replied by pawsible Yesterday

Hellw, my site www.offthewallpaintings.com is loading very slow. I ran a speed test here http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140721_8R_T9D/ not sure what any of that means but trying to follow Wix's instructions. Could you please see if it would be possible to improve my page loading time? It is quite slow on cell phones. Thank you very much.

Lauren Hammack

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel Yesterday

Hello,

We have checked your site using a speed test, the results of which can be seen here. Your site received a score of 'F' for progressive .jpegs.

To rectify this, you will need to save your images in progressive .jpeg format. If you are using Gimp to improve your image quality, you will be able to make these changes in the Advanced Options section.

A great way to increase site performance is to optimize the images that you use. To find out more, please click here!

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

• info18440

Replied by info18440 Yesterday

I have just carried out a test on google webmaster and it has reported that it is slow for mobile (rated 61/100) and 79/100 for desktop, it says I should fix "Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content". Having read the initial thread I carried out a test as suggested, the report is http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140721_8T_R1K/ is there anything you can suggest?

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony Yesterday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us!

I have checked your mobile site and it loaded quickly on my end. Also, viewing the results I can see that your site was fully loaded in few seconds and got a great score!

In general, please note the performance of your HTML5 site is affected by a number of factors, including the size of your website and amount of content on it, your internet connection speed and your browser version. Using the most updated browser version and ensuring that your internet connection is stable and running at a high speed will help ensure that you are viewing your site in optimal conditions.

For best performance, it is recommended to follow these guidelines:

1. Optimizing the images on your site will have a great affect on its performance and loading time. For tips on adding images to ensure they take up as little space as possible, please click here.

2. Distribute your content on several pages. This will improve loading times and overall load.

3. Fonts take up a lot of CPU power and loading time. Please try not to use more than 2 fonts on a single page. Fonts in plain, bold, italic, bold & italic are all considered to be different fonts! The best solution would be to use browser text and not simple text.

If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks, Rony Customer Solutions

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets