- Back to Search Results
Stats 353,430 topics posted 7,184 include Best Reply by Wix Team
Replies (359 replies total)
Replied by jorgensendesigns6 2 days ago
I am afraid that it hasn't saved my changes to the Portfolio Page, and the Contact Page. Flora & Fauna page and my Mindful Living Solutions page. since it isn't saving the changes I have on my computer, you of course won't see it on your end. Any suggestions, or have I lost hours of work?
Replied by lptvcoalition 3 days ago
just like everyone else is reporting i can not save the last 5 hours of work. i have used the same machine, os, browser, etc. for two years not and never this problem. i am not going to go through all of that long checklist. i want my site saved and published now please.
Replied by lezleyknott April 10, 2014
I cant save!!! I saved all night...just did a TON of work and it says there is an "error on my page but don't worry it has been fixed" and bla blah....cant save. OMG
Replied by johnny5585 April 10, 2014
Having trouble saving in the editor. Are you having technical difficulties...I did all the trobleshooting that was suggested and still not able to save...it just freezes up after doing all the things that have been requested.
Replied by magpiebright April 9, 2014
I have followed the troubleshooting instructions and the website did not save. This seems to be a common issue with other people as well so I do not believe that browsers and anti-viral programs are the issue. Much work has gone into my site and I would like my work recovered please. I am working with the latest Mac software update. Please advise.
Replied by crodge1 April 9, 2014
Still receiving the same error message.
1. Open your browser to a blank page. Close any Wix pages that are open. DID THIS
2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies of "Everything". DID THIS
3. Restart your browser and then log into your Wix account and try again. If this doesn't work, then continue on to Step 6. DID THIS
4. Try using other browsers to open Wix. Recommended browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and either IE Firefox is my normal browser, IE won't even load the page, and Chrome did not work either.
5. If you connect to the internet through a router, please try connecting directly through the modem. Then follow Steps 2-5 again. I am on a network in a school district
6. Try disabling your internet security programs and try again (i.e. antivirus, firewall, etc.). It is preferable to try this while still connected to the modem directly. This is meant to assist us in determining the source of the problem that you're facing.
7. Try connecting to Wix from a different computer that uses a different network to connect to the internet. I tried at home and got the same message.
Finally, if you are still having issues, please contact us. Let us know exactly which steps you tried and what worked or didn't work. Please also include the following information:
1. What Operating System you're using (i.e. Mac OSX, Windows XP, etc.) Windows XP
2. What browsers you've tried - and include the version of the browser (can generally be found by going to Help > About within the browser). Firefox 28.0, Chrome Version 33.0.1750.154
3.Your Wix username and the document name of the site(s) with the issue. crodge1/ peetjhhome
4. Attach a screenshot of the problem, if possible. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, click here.
5. Your geographic location and which ISP you use. Texas
6. Which internet security programs you have installed on your computer (antivirus, firewall, etc.). Kaspersky antivirus
Replied by andrewbrow0 April 9, 2014
Best answer I can give is that the issue is related to the way our Proxy is setup and the browser we use. Firefox has been setup by our admin to allow things through which means we can save via Firefox only. Something to do with registry settings being done across all PCs and that it is much harder to do with Chrome and so it's just not done.