Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

This thread was locked as you can now use the site history feature to restore a prior version of your Wix site. 

For more information and instructions click here.

Replies(210 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • varunsarin83

Replied by varunsarin83 August 5, 2013

The content on my website is missing. 

1.      www.varunsarin83.wix.com/theswanforum 
    2.      Aug 2nd, 9 AM
    3.      All content is missing except for header/footer.
    4.      Content missing in both
    5.      Minor formatting issues - not major changes done recently. Website was not published live. Upon seeing the missing content, I published just to see if it would fix the problem (On Aug 5th)
    6.      I would like Wix to restore my site to an earlier version if possible

• varunsarin83

Replied by varunsarin83 August 5, 2013

Never mind - issue seems to be browser related. 

Cheers

• Tom Wix Team

Replied by Tom August 5, 2013

Cheers!

If you require any further assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact us again.

• varunsarin83

Replied by varunsarin83 August 6, 2013

Hi Tom, everything seems to be working fine in Safari but in Chrome, the header and footer show up and nothing else. The strange this is that it was working perfectly for the past month and stopped working correctly around Aug 1st. I've tried reinstalling Chrome, clearing the cache and accessing the site through different actions - but still the same result.

Is there a known issue with viewing Wix sites on Chrome that has come up recently?

Thanks

Varun

• Michal

Replied by Michal August 6, 2013

Hey Varun, 

We are not aware of any issues with Wix and Chrome at the moment. 

I checked your site in Chrome and it worked great on my end:

Please try to disable your firewall and check your site again. Please also check your site with a different computer and network, to make sure this isn't related to your network connection.

If the issue persists, please let us know and include a screenshot of the problem. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation!

Michal - Wix Team
    • varunsarin83

Replied by varunsarin83 August 6, 2013

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your response - at least it helps localize the problem. I am not currently behind a firewall - and the site does open with a different computer on the same network.But on my computer, on Chrome, this is what I see in Editor/Preview and the Live version of the site:

• Alon - WIX team Wix Team

Replied by Alon - WIX team August 7, 2013

I'll forward your case to our QA team for further investigation

Alon - Wix Team
    • BenjaminB Wix Team

Replied by BenjaminB August 7, 2013

Hi varunsarin83,

We too were unable to reproduce this issue.

We have been hearing similar complaints regarding Google Chrome.  Can you check this issue again on your end and let us know if the issue persists?

Benny

• varunsarin83

Replied by varunsarin83 August 7, 2013

Hi Benny/Alon,

I was able to fix the issue and reproduce the problem again as well. It has to do with the size of the page. By using the pinch/expand gesture on the touchpad, I was able to get the content to appear again. Every now and then it disappears, but by zooming into and out of the page, it reappears. 

Hopefully this can help you respond to other users that might have the same problem.

Cheers

Varun

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron August 8, 2013

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

This issue has been corrected and your site should appear properly both in the editor and live version.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Ron, Wix Team
  • longpenelope

Replied by longpenelope August 5, 2013

My website is missing content.

1.      URL to your website

http://longpenelope.wix.com/pennylong

2.      The last date that you saw your website in good standing (content was not missing) 

July 8th

3.      Exactly which master-page in your site is missing content? What exactly is missing? 

All pages are missing images and shapes. Top 2/3 of site seem to be cut off and just the bottom half remains but in the wrong placement of the page. 

4.      When you visit your website at its URL, do you see the same thing as in the editor? If not, and only one of the versions is missing content, please *do not* save your website. Let us know which of the two versions is correct. 

Yes. The site in the editor is correct.

5.      Please describe, to the best of your abilities, the last actions/changes you performed before you last saved your website. 

I replaced some text on the Home page of upcoming events in the lower left-hand corner. 

6.      Please confirm that you give us permission to restore your website to an earlier version. You can simply copy this statement: "I would like Wix to restore my site to an earlier version if possible" 

I would like Wix to restore my site to an earlier version if possible.

Thank you. 

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron August 5, 2013

Hi,

You can now find all of your backed-up versions in the Site History section in My Account, mark the important ones and name them!

You can also overview of all edits and changes you have made to your saved and published website. It makes it easy for you to view, flag or restore to a prior version of your website at any point. 

To access your site history:

1. From My Account, next to your site, click Manage & Edit Site.

2. From the right of the page that opens, under Site Actions, click My Site History.

Your site history page opens.  

For step by step instructions click here.

You can also create a duplicate copy of your site by going to  My Account, clicking  Manage & Edit Site and then clicking  Duplicate Site. For more information, click  here.

Ron, Wix Team
  • americantongue

Replied by americantongue July 30, 2013

Mine is missing the "cut and paste" buttons, as well as the drop down list of pages on the "title bar" when opening the editor.

http://americantongue.wix.com/americantongue

• gills2 Wix Team

Replied by gills2 July 30, 2013

Hey    americantongue,

I checked your site via editor and I was able to view your dropdown menu from preview mode without recreating any issues.

Please press Ctrl+0 to  reset your browsers  zoom, and double check with it's  zoom options if it's not set to any  zoom mode.

Please clear your browser's cache and try using a different browser. You can find step by step instructions here.

Thanks,

Gill, Wix Team
  • dannaheveratt

Replied by dannaheveratt July 19, 2013

HELP!! 

when i selected the "show on every page" for my background my ENTIRE FINALIZED FIRST PAGE TEXT AND IMAGES WERE REPLACED BY THE MY STORY PAGE I WAS WORKING ON AT THE TIME. 

PLEASE RESTORE MY FIRST PAGE!! 

it happened around 12.30 pm. ...but i also don't want to have to delete/lose all the work i did since!! 

UGH...

THANKS FOR HELP ASAP. 

DANNAH

• dannaheveratt

PS. MY SITE IS GLAMPILLOW ON MY ACCOUNT. 

• dannaheveratt

I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THE FIRST PAGE ALL MORNING...THIS IS HUGELY FRUSTRATING AND IT'S SUPER HARD TO DEAL WHEN I CAN'T call anyone....

i can only hope someone gets back to me asap. i'm absolutely floored that my work is entirely lost 

PLEASE HELP ASAP. 

• Dror - Wix Support Wix Team

Replied by Dror - Wix Support July 19, 2013

You can revert the history to a previously saved version of your site - To access your site history:

1. From My Account, next to your site, click Manage & Edit Site.

2. From the right of the page that opens, under Site Actions, click My Site History.

Your site history page opens.  

For step by step instructions click here.

If you can't find a save with the specific information you were working on, you either forgot to click the save button or there was some sort of malfunction - and unfortunately either way the information is lost and cannot be restored.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Dror - Wix Team
  • zerzy2000

Replied by zerzy2000 June 12, 2013

Hi,

I just upgraded to the ecommerce plan today. Everything was working fine initially after I linked to my domain. But I think after I renamed my site from the account page, my website www.kinderhands.com stopped loading properly.  Shortly after the Wix editor won't load either and now I'm not able to edit my page. I've disabled my cache and cleared browsing date on Chrome but it's still not working. Please help!! 

• Hudson Wix Team

Replied by Hudson June 12, 2013

hey

I have just viewed the site and everything is working correctly, please bear in mind that you have showing as the home page, the launching soon page,

Just go to the editor > pages > chose one of the other pages as the homepage

• sunnyengland

Replied by sunnyengland June 12, 2013

After I change some content in documents for applying , i am not allowed to open the page and I am not allowed to go and edit as well. I want to use editor,please, my site is www.qualityteachingkorea.com. I don't know what to do...now..need your help  now. before I publish there was a choice for mobile search i moved the button to on ( blue) not off..

Please help..

Hee Sun from Bournemouth England

• Ilia Wix Team

Replied by Ilia June 12, 2013

Hi,

I was able to access your editor without any issues.

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Best regards.

Ilia - Wix Support
  • yogawithabbey

Replied by yogawithabbey June 7, 2013

HI There,

My website is totally missing from the editor as is any record of me buying the domain www.yogawithabbey.com! 

Help!

• verbo1

Replied by verbo1 June 7, 2013

QUERO CANCELAR A MINHA CONTA WIX

I WANT TO CANCELL MY ACCOUNT

• Nir - Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Nir - Wix Team June 7, 2013

Please note that I had just gone through your site and I could see that it contains no websites.

Is it possible that you created a website using another account? This will explain why you are unable to locate it using your current account.

Thank you and we await your reply,

Nir

Wix Team

• chantalmaurice

Replied by chantalmaurice June 7, 2013

1.      URL to your website- i.e. www.chantalmaurice.com
    2.      The last date that you saw your website in good standing (content was not missing) Yesterday 6-5-13
    3.      Exactly which master-page in your site is missing content? What exactly is missing? Unable to click on any of the tabs except home and bio.
    4.      When you visit your website at its URL, do you see the same thing as in the editor? I can see the same thing but cant't click on any but the first 2 tabs.
    5.      Please describe, to the best of your abilities, the last actions/changes you performed before you last saved your website. My wix site was connected to my domain name today.
    6.      Please confirm that you give us permission to restore your website to an earlier version. "I would like Wix to restore my site to an earlier version if possible"

• gills2 Wix Team

Replied by gills2 June 7, 2013

Hey    chantalmaurice,

This issue occurs due to a text box overlapping your menu. I resized this text box for you, please    clear your browser's cache  and check your site.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with (:

Gill, Wix Team
  • mrgstrong

Replied by mrgstrong May 10, 2013

www.bozook.com

everything was fine yesterday @ 21:00 gmt. Now only the header and footer appear and the main body is gone. Also the menu button dont go anywhere when I click on them. 

Also the editor will not load in the page for me to check.

the last thing I did was to make a mobile version of the site.

• Michal

Replied by Michal May 10, 2013

Hi, 

I checked your site and it is up and running on my end:

Please try the following steps:

1. Please clear your browser's cache.

2. Try to view your site in another browser, and make sure it is updated to the latest version.

3. Try  to visit your site on a different computer, preferably one that's connected to another network.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Thanks,

Michal - Wix Team

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets