Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

You can find step by step instructions here.

Replies(16 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • jenniferdelilah

Replied by jenniferdelilah June 23, 2014

Fixed position header

I have been trying to set the text in my header to a fixed position following the directions. It looks perfect in edit mode, it moves in place at the top of the page rather than staying in the middle of the frame and getting in the way of the body text as it scrolls up.

When I switch into preview mode it does just the opposite, staying in the way of the text body as it scrolls up. The settings are fixed position and show on all pages as the instructions dictate. What is going on? 

Thanks,
    Jennifer

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan June 23, 2014

The fixed position does not function through the edit mode, only through the preview mode and on a live site (once published). This is exactly the way it works, the text cannot be made to have a fixed position, the entire header does or does not.

• jenniferdelilah

Replied by jenniferdelilah June 25, 2014

But it is fixed in edit mode, in my editor anyway. It stays where it belongs and when you scroll down the page it stays put.

Then when I go to preview mode it turns into this free floating text that blocks the body of the page. 

• shayb7 Wix Team

Replied by shayb7 June 25, 2014

Hey,

Since currently your Header is set to a fixed position, it stays fixed to the top of the screen when scrolling up and down your site. I can see thatyour Header's background is transparent, therefore when scrolling down it seems like the content of your site goes behind your Header. To fix this issue, simply change the opacity of the Header's background to 100. To do so please go to your editor -> click the Header -> click Change Style -> Personalize this header -> click Customize Color next to background -> change the opacity to 100.

If you don't want to use the Fixed Position feature, simply click the Header and uncheck the box next to Fixed Position.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

• bmillerflute

Replied by bmillerflute June 17, 2014

Issue with how pages load . . .

Hi.  In both the editor and preview mode whenever I switch pages on my site, the page loads in and then jumps to the bottom or middle of the page immediately.  I then have to scroll up and down a little to go to the top of my page.  Is this something basic that I am overlooking in how I have my pages set up?  Or does it have something to do with the footer or header?  Can't seem to figure it out . . . your suggestions are greatly appreciated.  B 

• Natalia Wix Team

Replied by Natalia June 18, 2014

Hi, bmillerflute!

I've just checked you site and haven't managed to reproduce the issue. Please follow the instructions here. Also, please make sure to test using a different browser. Let us know if it worked or not.

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti June 17, 2014

Hi,

I have visited your domain and I see it is correctly directed to your Wix site. Your site works perfectly!

If you are still having trouble viewing your site, please try doing the following:

1) Go here and click on "Delete all sites". Then clear your browser's cache.

For step-by-step instructions about how to clear your browser's cache, please follow this link.
    You can also find a video tutorial here.

2) Try to Flush your DNS. For detailed instructions on how to do so please go here.

3) Please go to the Windows start menu->click on 'run'-> select the first option: 'Run'-> type: 'ping yourdomain.com'->A window will pop with an IP address. Please run this test from several computers.

For Mac users: Go to ‘Application’ then open ‘Terminal’ and type: 'ping yourdomain.com'->A window will pop with an IP address. Please run this test from several computers.

-If you receive an IP address on your computer other than the IP you see here and you see this IP from other computers please contact an IT expert in your area for further troubleshooting.

-If you receive a different IP than the IP you see here from multiple locations, please send it to us in order for us to check it.

Best, Ritti
  • boyleheights5k

Replied by boyleheights5k June 17, 2014

again.  I type www.mariachi5k.com and after I hit enter it changes to 

http://www.wix.com/lphtml/parking?redirectedFor=www.mariachi5k.com/

• Ori Wix Team

Replied by Ori June 16, 2014

Hi boyleheights5k,

The domain configuration appears to be okay.

I just visited your website and it works perfectly on my end.

Please elaborate about the difficulty you are experiencing and provide us with a screenshot if relevant. 

For instructions on how to take a screenshot check out this link.

Also, please make sure to test using a different browser, and computer if possible to help us pinpoint this issue.

Regards, Ori Wix Team
  • boyleheights5k

Replied by boyleheights5k June 16, 2014

Can't connect to my domain

when type www.mariachi5k.com I get a page create your own stunning website….

how can I repair this. domain has been paid for as well the host.

• fvkessel

Replied by fvkessel May 17, 2014

I do have problems to login, when i fill in fvkdre@hotmail.com en then my password. Then  i receive comment "you don't have a website yet.
    But I have already this site below: http://fvkdre.wix.com/fvk-2560

• Yoav Wix Team

Replied by Yoav May 17, 2014

Hello,

You are currently logged in using an incorrect email address - please log-in using the email address you used when signing up for Wix with.

Let us know if you need any additional help - we'll be happy to further assist!

• vintagecafenh

Replied by vintagecafenh May 8, 2014

we have another computer that we are trying to log into our website with, but it will not let us even sign in.  Help?!?

• Leah Wix Team

Replied by Leah May 8, 2014

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. What error message is received? Please be sure to use the correct email address when logging in. 

Sincerely, Leah Wix Team
  • vipaws

Replied by vipaws March 22, 2014

Hello,

when searching for my site in Google and clicking on the link this messages appears

This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.

Please help

• Leah Wix Team

Replied by Leah March 22, 2014

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience. The domain does not load because the name servers are not configured to Wix, as can be seen here.

To fix this, please send your domain host the following message: “I have built a site on Wix.com. Please connect my domain to their name servers: NS1.WIX.COM (IP address 216.139.213.90) and NS2.WIX.COM (IP address 207.36.47.9)”.

For more information about this option please follow this link. Please allow up to 72 hours for changes to propagate.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if the error does not resolve.

Sincerely, Leah Wix Team
  • guyallison

Replied by guyallison March 14, 2014

Hello,

I have a similar question.

Each day I update my webpage with "Daily Specials." I would like to avoid that when the user clicks on the link, that they don't see an old or cache'd page.

How do I accomplish this? Thank you in advance

• Dean Wix Team

Replied by Dean March 14, 2014

Hey,

There is no way to control the cached versions of your site that your customers' devices store.

Normally this should not cause any issues and once you update and publish your site anyone accessing your site after the changes are made will be able to view them immediately.

All the best, Dean - Wix Team

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets