Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

Please make sure your site's name does not contain special characters.

If you still receive this error, and you were previously able to save your site, please let us know what were changes you made since your last successful save before the error occurred.

**Update: please make sure your website's SEO description and keywords are less than 250 characters. You can count the number of characters by pasting the content in this tool.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Replies(1,167 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • fashionfestua

Replied by fashionfestua Yesterday

Have this problem. Nothing was downloaded from MS world or other sites.

Facebook pages - "other sites" - ?

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony Yesterday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us!

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties. 

At Wix, we do everything in our power to provide the highest level of support and service.

However, in order for us to assist you as effectively and efficiently as possible, we require that you provide us with some additional information. Please be sure to provide as detailed a description as possible when describing the difficulties that you have experienced:

1) Please provide us with a detailed description of the steps that you have taken so far so that we can replicate the process on our end and assist in finding a solution.
      2) Please provide us with more information about the location of the problem on your site, i.e. on what page can it be found?
      3) Which component in the editor are you having trouble with, i.e. the text box?

*Please make sure to include a screen shot, if possible.

Once we receive this information, we will be able to assist you. Thank you for your cooperation and we await your reply.

Thanks, Rony Customer Solutions
  • daniw42

Replied by daniw42 2 days ago

Hello,

Same problem as all people here - error 1020. Already changed all pictures and made sure there are no special characters in the pictures name. I did not  change the SEO description and i did not use any keywords at all … 

Hope somebody can help me?

:( ? 

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav 2 days ago

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties saving.

I was able to save your site in the editor without encountering any difficulties on my end.

While browsing the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache and try again. You can find step by step instructions here.

Should this issue reoccur, please provide us with the following:

1. Check if it happens in a different browser and let us know.

2. Check if it happens in a different computer and let us know.

3. Provide us with a screenshot of the issue. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
    • daniw42

Replied by daniw42 2 days ago

AND the system also mentions something concerning about MS Word files i should remove. I definitely did not use MS Word at all… 

• Stav Wix Team

Hi again,

In order for us to assist you as effectively and efficiently as possible, we require that you provide us with some additional information. Please be sure to provide as detailed a description as possible.

Please mention what error do you get about MS word and how to re-create it (what are the steps that led to it).

Also, please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Once we receive this information, we will be able to assist you. Thank you for your cooperation and we await your reply.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • laniquehome

Replied by laniquehome 2 days ago

Hi there.

I just added my first blog post - a text I first worte in Google docs and copied into the wix blog adding field and now it won't let me save my changes. I receive an error 1020 message.

Do I have to delete that post now?

• laniquehome

P.S.: I checked all SEO tags, no special characters, all under 120 characters, title under 50 charactes (49 in total). Before adding the post I was able to save normally!

• Stav Wix Team

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

Please specify which website are you referring to.

• laniquehome

My website is www.laniquehome.com

Thank you

• Stav Wix Team

Hi again,

I was able to save your site in the editor without any issues on my end.

Please see screenshot bellow.

I’ve noticed you’re not using the latest version of your browser. Please update your browser and try again.

To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here

To download the latest Firefox browser please click here

To download the latest Safari browser please click here

To download the latest Internet Explorer browser please click here

Should this issue reoccur, please provide us with the following:

1. Clear your browser’s cache and let us know if it fixed the issue. You can find step by step instructions here.

2. Check if it happens in a different browser and let us know.

3. Check if it happens in a different computer and let us know.

4. Provide us with a screenshot of the issue. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

• lava2max

Replied by lava2max 3 days ago

it wont let me save my website that im making even tough im logged in

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella 3 days ago

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

If the error message you are receiving is error 1020, please follow the instructions on the Best Reply above.

Should the issue persist, please let us know.

Ella

• mackennawitchard

Replied by mackennawitchard July 23, 2014

I have only added photos from my computer that were added from my camera, iPhone and iPad.

I have made a few changes to the gallery and blog page over the last few hours.

Don't want to close down the tab as I don't want to lose all the work that i have just put in as I fear it would all be lost?! 

Help??

• mackennawitchard

Replied by mackennawitchard July 23, 2014

I have cleared the cache etc without closing this tab but using a new tab, have duplicated my gallery page but unable to duplicate the blog page? 

I was using google chrome, have opened it in torch and able to save pages. Gallery has not been saved? Neither have the images that I have uploaded today to use on that page?  The duplicated page does not show either?

• Gat Wix Team

Replied by Gat July 23, 2014

Hi mackennawitchard,

Thank you for contacting Wix support!

I apologize for the inconvenience. 
      You can restore previous saved versions of your site through the History section in your account. For more information, click here.

Unfortunately if you have unsaved changes we will not be able to restore them. 

It is recommended to save your site regularly. 

If you require further assistance, feel free to contact us again. 

Gat Wix Team.
  • belinda91

Replied by belinda91 July 23, 2014

hello, I pasted nothing from outside, but cannot save! Please help ASAP

Thanks!

Belinda

• belinda91

Replied by belinda91 July 23, 2014

Hello, I would really appreciate some help.  I dont want to close my browser as Ive made quite a large number of changes.

I tried to drag an image onto the page, but it didnt work, so i just upload the image the usual way.  Seems like the page remembers... I have deleted pages and recreated, but cannot solve the problem

• Gat Wix Team

Hi belinda91,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you are experiencing an issue saving your site, please click here and follow the error troubleshooting instructions.

It is recommended to save your site regularly. 

Gat Wix Team.
  • onlinewoolwich

Replied by onlinewoolwich July 23, 2014

I have pasted nothing from an outside source and I can no longer save. Please sort out!

• Gat Wix Team

Hi onlinewoolwich,

I checked your editor and was able to save it properly on my end: 

If you are experiencing an issue saving your site, please click here and follow the error troubleshooting instructions.

Gat Wix Team.
  • silentfireproducti

Replied by silentfireproducti July 22, 2014

I have pasted nothing from an outside source and I can no longer save. What's going on?

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron July 23, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix.

We apologize for the inconvenience. While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Should the issue persist, make sure to test it on other updated browsers in order to compare the results.

Let us know how it went, which browsers and exact versions you've tested.

Ron, Wix Team
  • jescuderol

Replied by jescuderol July 21, 2014

Hola, me pongo en contacto con ustedes porque incluso después de haber seguido las instrucciones de la mejor respuesta (la descripción y las palabras clave no llegan ni a 200 carácteres) me sigue apareciendo el error 1020 que me impide guardar los cambios en mi web que obviamente está funcionando.

Todo fue a raíz de intentar publicar un post con los "componentes de Blog" con una dimensión de 725 palabras y 3 fotografías.

He borrado ese post y sigo sin poder guardar y menos publicar...

por favor, denme una solución porque necesito seguir trabajando con mi web.

Gracias

• rony Wix Team

Replied by rony July 22, 2014

Hola, 

Gracias por contactar al soporte técnico de Wix. 

Por favor, para asistirte correctamente, especifica el sitio con el cual estas teniendo dificultades.

Gracias.

Wix provee soporte 100% en Español, lo puedes acceder acá.

Rony WixTeam
  • simposiocerrado

Replied by simposiocerrado July 21, 2014

Hi.

I don't know how to solve this error. I uploaded the files but now i cannot save the last version.

Can you help me?

Thanks, 

Johnny

• simposiocerrado

Sorry, I forgot to tell you. Those are PDF files, about 20.

Tks

• simposiocerrado

And, sorry again, the error is 1020.

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 22, 2014

Hey Johnny,

I haven noticed you are using an outdated version of Chrome.

To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here

Note: The maximum upload file size is 15MB.

To learn more about uploading documents, please click here.

All the best, Or

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets