Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
Avi Wix Team

We are aware of this error and we are currently working on a fix.

We will update on this thread.

Meanwhile you can use one of the following suggestions

1. Reload the editor - This error will continue to occur when you have the same editor session open. Reloading the editor will reset the session but you will  lose the changes and updates you made since the last save/publish. You will be able to  work in the editor and save/publish your site again once you have reloaded it.

2. Duplicate the pages - If you do not want to lose the changes you have made, you can duplicate the pages on your site and delete the old pages. You should be able to save/publish your site again. 

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Replies(3,464 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • tybarronblanch

Replied by tybarronblanch April 13, 2014

all the hours of work I put into building this first new site I m building and then I find that I cant save any of the work what  waste of time , not  such a good site after all  how di I save for the first time I just get a 10104 error

• tybarronblanch

after reading all the post what a joke this business has become

• Léa Wix Team

Replied by Léa April 13, 2014

Hey,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please follow the instruction and keep us notified.

Pensez à vous abonner à notre chaîne Youtube pour visionner tous nos tutoriels : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy7ONifkKb8_cWLWgjub7Mg Léa - L'Équipe Wix -
  • tybarronblanch

how do you Duplicate the pages

• Léa Wix Team

Replied by Léa April 13, 2014

Hey,

To duplicate pages simply follow these steps:

1. From the left toolbar, click the Pages icon to open the Page Manager. 
      2. Next to your page, click the settings icon. 
      3. From the top of your Page Settings window, click Duplicate. 
      4. Name your page. 
      5. Click OK. 

Your page is duplicated. 

For more information about pages click here.

Pensez à vous abonner à notre chaîne Youtube pour visionner tous nos tutoriels : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy7ONifkKb8_cWLWgjub7Mg Léa - L'Équipe Wix -
  • ppd373

Replied by ppd373 April 12, 2014

Havent saved since staring work on this page and it wont let me duplicate the pages and have tried several times now. Don't want to lose what has been done so far

• Gat Wix Team

Replied by Gat April 12, 2014

Hey,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Please try to follow the instructions in the best reply above.

If you are still experiencing an issue saving your site, please click here and follow the error troubleshooting instructions.

Thanks,

Gat Wix Team.
  • vilmermaraj

Replied by vilmermaraj April 11, 2014

I've been working really long time on my site and have NOT saved it any time, and now i get ''Error: 10104
    If you are experiencing this error, please let us know by posting in our forum, here. Be sure to follow the forum thread for our updates.'' when i try to save, what do i do? i dont want to lose everything i've done.

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel April 12, 2014

Hello,

Please try to duplicate all your pages and delete the old ones and then try to save. Update us if it doesn't work.

In the future, please be sure to save your changes now and then, so your work wouldn't be lost.

• renate70

Replied by renate70 April 7, 2014

I am not allowed to save my changes on the site. What can I do? this seemes to be a regular problem for other costumers aswell.

• Miki- Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Miki- Wix Team April 7, 2014

Hi,

Have you tried performing the steps specified on the main thread?

Best regards, Miki- Wix Support Team
  • tbiedenharn

Replied by tbiedenharn April 3, 2014

You folks have been experiencing this same "won't save changes" problem for MANY months and do not seem to know how to correct the problem. Very disturbing for someone testing out which website editing tool to use!  I think I'll keep looking at other options.

• Gat Wix Team

Replied by Gat April 3, 2014

Hello,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

Please note that as any other software development company, we too are experiencing some bugs from time to time.

Note that we have fixed previous issues with saving the editor, and sometimes there are new ones that arouses, but we are constantly working on fixing those bugs, successfully. 

Sincerely,

Gat Wix Team.
  • hahleenahpeaks

Replied by hahleenahpeaks April 3, 2014

im a senior and I need this to be fixed please ,, this is my product and I have to present tommorow

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal April 3, 2014

Hi,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Please follow the steps showing on the best reply at the top of this page.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tal, Wix Team
  • picturesbyjackiep

Replied by picturesbyjackiep March 23, 2014

I wasn't able to save the very first time!  It prompted me to save (tor the first time) and won't let me save.

• Alon - WIX team Wix Team

Replied by Alon - WIX team March 24, 2014

does the problem repeats itself when using a different computer/browser?

Alon - Wix Team
  • watson16252

Replied by watson16252 March 3, 2014

I am getting the error message

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal March 4, 2014

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing such difficulties with your Wix site.

Please follow the steps showing on the best reply at the top of this page.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tal, Wix Team
  • waterwomanfilm

Replied by waterwomanfilm February 7, 2014

Hi, I am having an error message that is a variation on the 10104. It occurs when I try to revert to an older saved version of my site.

It reads:

Something went wrong!
    Error code is: -10104
    Error description is: [runtime][RECOVERABLE][Data Access Layer] c.w.h.e.e.SiteValidationFailedException - Invalid data references found ValidationFailurePayload{siteId=12f2b748-a4a1-e778-defc-520d1a7d1258, dataReferenceMismatches=MutableList(), duplicateComponents=MutableList(), styleReferenceMismatches=MutableList(), propertyRefere

• Michal

Replied by Michal February 7, 2014

Thank you for posting, and I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Please follow the steps in the Best Reply above (in blue). 

If you are still experiencing an issue saving your site, please click here and follow the error troubleshooting instructions.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation!

Michal - Wix Team
    • waterwomanfilm

Replied by waterwomanfilm February 8, 2014

Hi

Neither "Reloading the editor" or "duplicating the pages" works to address my problem. You see last week I went in to change a small amount of text and suddenly my whole site (except the background and header) was erased. This was very shocking to me since I absolutely did not intend to erase anything. I tried to undo it but it wouldn't let me. I thought ok, well at least I can go back to an older version of the site. So I went into My Site History and tried to restore an older version (december 6, 2013). But I keep receiving the same error message no matter whether I try it on a mac (a laptop or a desktop) or a computer running windows. I have tried chrome, firefox, safari...I have also tried older dates of the site and none of them work. I have gone through the whole list of trouble shooting instructions and cleared cookies on all my browsers, I have no firewall software so I know it can't be that. Please any help would be much appreciated.

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti February 9, 2014

Hi, 

Did you try to save via a different internet connection?

I was unable to recreate this issue on my side.

Best, Ritti
    • waterwomanfilm

Replied by waterwomanfilm February 9, 2014

Hi,

I have tried on different internet connections in two different countries even and always get the same error message. Here is a screen shot of the error message I get whenever I try to revert back to the december 6, 2013 version of my site (screen shot wix.pdf). If you are able to revert it back for me from your side I would very much appreciate it. Otherwise I will have to rebuild my whole site!

Thanks

• waterwomanfilm

Replied by waterwomanfilm February 13, 2014

Hi, I am still having trouble with this, I have tried everything listed as suggestions! Can anyone from the wix support team please go in and revert my site to the December 6, 2013 version please. Otherwise I will have to rebuild my site, or go to a different company.

please and thank you

• Tom Wix Team

Replied by Tom February 14, 2014

I reverted your site to its first working version(since the 10104 error was resolved, I hope that this version contains everything you are looking for. You can see the updated version in My Account. Unfortunately we are unable to revert your site to the versions in which this error occurred since these version are corrupt. 

If you require any further assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact us again.

• waterwomanfilm

Replied by waterwomanfilm February 18, 2014

Thank you for trying to revert my site but this version does not include the majority of my site. I need it reverted to December 6th, 2013 or before because for some reason the main part of my site is not showing up. I am still missing 99% of the site I created. Please if it is possible revert to December 6th or before!

Thank you

• waterwomanfilm

Replied by waterwomanfilm February 18, 2014

Now that I am reading your last response again it sounds like you are saying that all my older versions of my site from December 6th and earlier are corrupt - because all of them are giving me the error message. Is that what you are saying?

• Tom Wix Team

Replied by Tom February 19, 2014

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this issue, Unfortunately, since the older versions are corrupt, it is not possible to revert back to these versions.

Please note that you can still view these versions from the site history section. If you have some text in these versions that you'd like to copy to your current Editor version then you can simply copy the text from the viewer and paste it into a text box in the current Editor.

To access your site history:

1. From My Account, next to your site, click Manage & Edit Site.

2. From the right of the page that opens, under Site Actions, click My Site History.

Your site history page opens. 

For step by step instructions click here.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets