Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
CarleyS Wix Team

**This topic has been locked. If you are still experiencing issues, please post here**

We are aware that, in the past, certain large sites, in terms of the number of pages, were slowing down the loading of the editor.  As a result, we understood the need to put a significant amount of resources, including a dedicated task force, towards resolving this.

We are pleased to report that we have been able to identify and solve majority of the problems and we have seen a significant increase in the Editor’s response and loading time.

If you are still experiencing issues with the Editor’s loading and response time, our dedicated task force are here to help you. We ask that you respond in the new thread dedicated to this problem with your username and site name.

We are continuously working to improve our Editor and your feedback has been instrumental in helping us to do so. Thank you for your input and for helping us make our team that much better. 

- Regards, Carley

Replies (362 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • CarleyS Wix Team

Replied by CarleyS March 23, 2014

**This topic has been locked. If you are still experiencing issues, please post here**

We are aware that, in the past, certain large sites, in terms of the number of pages, were slowing down the loading of the editor.  As a result, we understood the need to put a significant amount of resources, including a dedicated task force, towards resolving this.

We are pleased to report that we have been able to identify and solve majority of the problems and we have seen a significant increase in the Editor’s response and loading time.

If you are still experiencing issues with the Editor’s loading and response time, our dedicated task force are here to help you. We ask that you respond in the new thread dedicated to this problem with your username and site name.

We are continuously working to improve our Editor and your feedback has been instrumental in helping us to do so. Thank you for your input and for helping us make our team that much better. 

- Regards, Carley
  • dom-soucy

Replied by dom-soucy March 22, 2014

Hello. I am having minor issues with the editor.

I can not remove some ad boxes I placed on a page of mine, the delete button is not working for them, however it does work for everything else.

• Avi Wix Team

Replied by Avi March 23, 2014

Hello  dom-soucy,

Could you please elaborate on this issue ? which page are you referring to and which boxes ? 

Did you tried to use a different browser ? 

• dom-soucy

Replied by dom-soucy March 24, 2014

I tried a different browser and it everything went well. Thank you!

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron March 25, 2014

No problem, let us know should you require further assistance.

Ron, Wix Team
  • stayputanchored

Replied by stayputanchored March 18, 2014

Hello,

I am having a problem with the online store. Everytime I try to delete something, it freezes up and i must exit the page to get out. Ive lost a lot of work this way and it is becoming a head ache. For instant i am trying to delete a SIZE option to one of my Items. Freezes everytime. Please help because my product is not a shirt. Dont need to confuse my customers. Thx

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti March 19, 2014

Hi,

I was unable to recreate this issue when i tried to edit your store items.

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Should this not help, please let us know what browser and version you are using and on what OS.

Thank you.

Best, Ritti
  • sejkasmajkan

Replied by sejkasmajkan March 17, 2014

Hi,my editor  is very slow due to the massive amount of pages my site contains. 

what can I do?

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal March 18, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix support team.

As we mentioned before, you can use the List Builder tool.

Please check the best reply at the top of this page for more information and instructions.

Thank you for your cooperation, we'll be glad to further assist.

Tal, Wix Team
    • sejkasmajkan

Replied by sejkasmajkan March 18, 2014

Hi,

Tank you.I used list builder tool but all items from list link to 1 page .

Is it possible to make vote and facebook comment for each item from list  separately trough List Builder?

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal March 19, 2014

Hi,

The Facebook comments component is connected by the page URL. since the list builder page is dynamic, it doesn't have a static URL, so it is impossible to use this feature. However, you can use one of the several comment apps in our App Market including "Pnyxe" and "Comments". Click here for more information about adding apps to your site.

As for the Rating Widget, you can add it to your single item page, but these ratings will appear the same for every item page within that same Library - so it does not make any sense to have a rating option per item page, unless you don't mind having the same rating for all items.

Please inform us whether you need any further assistance.

Tal, Wix Team
  • ray075risk

Replied by ray075risk March 17, 2014

Hi

I started to use the HTML5 editor in Chrome and all went well - at first.  However, it started to fail to load and the message - loading the editor - appeared; as one would expect.  This message was there for several hours whilst the editor refused load.  After reading down the replies I came across a suggestion to try an alternate browser - so I went into IE and guess what?  yes it opened :) so all is not lost.  But I do have to admit to some concern when I see so many problems with the loading of the editor posted.

Also, like some I too tried a different computer - still using Chrome - and whilst my PC still refused to load the editor, my laptop did; in the same location with the same internet connection.  Mystery methinks.

• Tom Wix Team

Replied by Tom March 17, 2014

I tested your site Editor in Google Chrome from my end and I was able to open it without any problems. 

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

It's also possible that a browser extension installed on your browser may be causing the issue. Please try to open the Editor in an Incognito Window in Google Chrome (CTRL + SHIFT + N) and if the issue persists please let us know.

• shingyan0101

Replied by shingyan0101 March 17, 2014

very slow loading in editor

very slow loading in editor

especially in the page "Manage your online store"

• shayb7 Wix Team

Replied by shayb7 March 17, 2014

Hey,

I have merged your post with this main thread regarding this issue. Please note that I was able to access your editor but it took a few minutes minutes until the editor was fully loaded, this is happening since you have a lot of content within your site. Please follow the Best Reply at the top for further information and suggestions.

Thank you

• thoitrang39.com

Replied by thoitrang39.com March 17, 2014

The matter here is i can not even do anything with my site, the editor got frozen and i was just stuck there forever.... How can i add a "list builder" or whatever when my site editor would not even load up properly. And i'm sure i'm not the only customer who has to cope with this problem, many others also do. Now i just dont care how long it will take for Wix to fix these issues ... Just get it done and i'm happy again. In the mean time, i'll be working with another website building company while waiting to get back to my site on Wix.

• oryi Wix Team

Replied by oryi March 17, 2014

Hello,

Having examined your domain's site map, I noticed your site was heavily packed with pages and subpages - in fact, it contains 86 of them.

Please note that this overloads your website and causes the slow performance of your editor.

Please reduce the number of pages by either deleting or uniting pages, so that your editor works better.

For further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us again.

All the best, Or
  • cindyrtapia

Replied by cindyrtapia March 17, 2014

Unlimited pages, but limited disk space.  No matter how few or how many pages you have, if you start edging toward the limit of disk space your plan provides then the editor will start loading slow, freezing, and what not.

• a11509

Replied by a11509 March 16, 2014

How many pages is too many?

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti March 17, 2014

We suggest to use the List builder if you have over 50 pages on your website.

Best, Ritti
  • o78821

Replied by o78821 March 13, 2014

problem on wix editor

Hello I recently have a problem that I can't open  wix editor correctly. It takes much time to load and fail to log in. Then the web is stopped. I must try to open the editor many times to log in successfully. This problem takes place in the past few day.

www.hanweiscale.com

• shayb7 Wix Team

Replied by shayb7 March 13, 2014

Hey,

I have merged your post with this main thread regarding this issue. Please note that I was able to access your editor but it took 3-4 minutes until your editor was fully loaded, this is happening since you have a lot of content within your site. Please follow the Best Reply at the top for further information and suggestions.

Thank you

• o78821

Replied by o78821 March 14, 2014

I worry about that there are many pages for my company to add. I wonder the problem will be worse or not.  

• Gat Wix Team

Replied by Gat March 14, 2014

Hi,

Having an unusual amount of pages can cause your editor to load slowly and if your computer is not strong enough it'll just get stuck. Please consider using the List builder feature to bring the amount of pages in your editor to a minimum. 

The List Builder allows you to create and manage lists on your site. Lists that you can build include product catalogs, FAQs, news and more!

You can find more information and instructions about how to use it here

Gat Wix Team.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets