Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

We are aware that, in the past, certain large sites, in terms of the number of pages, were slowing down the loading of the editor.  As a result, we understood the need to put a significant amount of resources, including a dedicated task force, towards resolving this.

We are pleased to report that we have been able to identify and solve a majority of the issues and we have seen a significant increase in the Editor’s response and loading time.

If you are still experiencing issues with the Editor’s loading and response time, our dedicated task force are here to help you. We ask that you respond in this thread dedicated to this problem with your username and site name.

We are continuously working to improve our Editor and your feedback has been instrumental in helping us to do so.

Replies(64 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • dawelch6

Replied by dawelch6 Yesterday

VERY Slow loading--- I still haven't gotten to do anything!! because I can't get editor loaded so I can work.  Will you help with this issue??

Thanks,

dawelch@eiu.edu

• emilyoliviaphotograp

Replied by emilyoliviaphotograp July 16, 2014

Hi there

I have been having this problem for days now and it is extremely frustrating as I have deadlines to meet for my clients! 

My website is www.emilyolivia.co.uk and my username is emily-olivia-photo

Please help, and hopefully thihs issue will be resolved quickly.

Thanks

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony 5 days ago

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

I have checked your Editor on our end and it loaded quickly. Please try to use a different browser or another Internet connection and see if there is a change. I also suggest you to follow the instructions provided here.

If the steps in the link didn't resolve your issues, please answer the questions in the same link.

Please let us know how it went. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us again.

Thanks, Rony Customer Solutions
    • emilyoliviaphotograp

Replied by emilyoliviaphotograp 4 days ago

Hi there,

No its still not working, i managed to  get on it yesterday but I cant again today and it is extremely frustrating!!! What else could it be?

Thanks

• Kosta Wix Team

Replied by Kosta 4 days ago

Hey,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Could you please check the instructions in the link above posted by Rony? Please make sure you answer the questions in the same link. so we could investigate this issue further.

Cheers,

Kosta, Customer Solutions.
  • htexclusive521

Replied by htexclusive521 July 15, 2014

my wix site is so slow in editing, uploading the after edit and frequently diconnect

hello sir, madam

i am experiencing big problem with editing my wix site, it is so slow to edit sth in wix site and also after editing it take long time to upload ( save) , on the other hand my wix site frequently disconnecting ,

how can you help me? i think there is a problem in my server ?????!!!!!!

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony July 15, 2014

Hi,

I'm deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

I've run your site through a third-party speed test and here are the results. Viewing the result, I can see that your site was fully loaded in 33 seconds (not so fast).

I have noticed that your images aren't optimized. To ensure that you maintain the quality of your photos and decrease loading time to a minimum, please follow the guidelines here .

I can also see that your site failed the progressive JPEG's test. Please follow this link providing you with steps on how to deal with this issue.

In general, please note the performance of your HTML5 site is affected by a number of factors, including the size of your website and amount of content on it, your internet connection speed and your browser version. Using the most updated browser version and ensuring that your internet connection is stable and running at a high speed will help ensure that you are viewing your site in optimal conditions.

For best performance, it is recommended to follow these guidelines:

1. Optimizing the images on your site will have a great affect on its performance and loading time. For tips on adding images to ensure they take up as little space as possible, please click here.

2. Distribute your content on several pages. This will improve loading times and overall load.

3. Fonts take up a lot of CPU power and loading time. Please try not to use more than 2 fonts on a single page. Fonts in plain, bold, italic, bold & italic are all considered to be different fonts! The best solution would be to use browser text and not simple text.

Please let us know how it went. Should you require further assistance, we are here for you.

• tomedwards001

Replied by tomedwards001 July 11, 2014

Hi,

my editor won't load, I have waited 1.5 hours and it just froze?! I have cleared my cache in my Firefox browser but that has not helped.

Please help as this is becoming really frustrating?!?!

thanks

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or July 12, 2014

Hi,

For us to better understand the source of this issue, please try using a different browser and tell us how it went.

Wix is also compatible with Internet Explorer (version 9 and above), Chrome and Safari.

To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here.

To download the latest Safari browser for Mac please click here.

To download the latest Internet Explorer browser please click here.

All the best, Or - Wix support team.
    • tomedwards001

Replied by tomedwards001 2 days ago

Same issue with all browsers and I have cleared the cache etc! 

Please can you come back with a solution?

Thanks

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or 2 days ago

Hi,

We have forwarded the relevant information to our QA department and they are currently working on resolving the matter.

We will contact you with any feedback as it arises.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best, Or - Wix support team.
    • tomedwards001

Replied by tomedwards001 23 hours ago

Please can you provide an update as this is becoming very frustrating!?

I managed to get on the editor a few times (after waiting hours) over the weekend only to receive the 'time out' error message?!?!

Please please please help. 

(I have tried all your generic answers to these queries I.e. different browsers etc)

• Boris Wix Team

Replied by Boris 8 hours ago

Hi,

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Our QA team is working hard on resolving this issue.

We will keep you updated as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your patience, and please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions.

Best regards, Boris
  • cheblaq

Replied by cheblaq July 8, 2014

Hi,

Please tell me why the text animations for my opening page wont stay on, won't respond in preview, and when I link the word enter to my "Home" page it doesn't work?  This is extremely frustrating considering that I have a site launch in 2 weeks.  PLEASE HELP!!!

• rony Wix Team

Replied by rony July 9, 2014

Hi, 

Please specify the site you are having issues with.

Rony WixTeam
  • jennerkendra

Replied by jennerkendra July 6, 2014

Dear Wix team, I have been trying literally for the past 4 hours to get onto my editor to edit my site. It says loading but will not bring up my edit site. I am very unhappy with my site and am really needing to change it. Very unhappy as I am paying a lot of money to have this site and not able to work on it? Also I think there should be a mobile app to allow to upload pictures, I cant seem to upload pictures unless I come onto my computer. I find myself updating my facebook website for my business and not updating my website as the facebook has a pages app that opens up exactly what I need to upload pictures directly to my page and edit and get my messages to my phone separate from my personal account. I am ready to go somewhere else to get help with my website and choose a different domain from wix completely.

Kendra Jenner, domain: 2ndchanceequine.com

• Noa Wix Team

Replied by Noa July 6, 2014

Hi Kendra,

Our apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

I  was not able to recreate the issue you are describing and was able to load your editor easily

Please follow the instructions provided here.

If the steps in the link didn't resolve your issues, please answer the questions in the same link.

Regarding the option to load images from mobile devices, unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment.

We document and learn from every feature request and bug brought to our attention. These objectives are immediately high priority milestones in Wix's product road map.

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

Let us know if we can further assist,

Noa - Wix Team
  • kelfingrimace

Replied by kelfingrimace July 3, 2014

Dear Wix team,

The editor keep loading and i hardly can enter to edit my site.

domain: freehongkies.com

site name:main

tks =]

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella July 3, 2014

Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience. This might be related to a temporary issue we experienced about 4 hours ago. The issue was fixed. 
      I was able to access your editor. Please try accessing your editor again.
      Should the problem persist, please let us know!
      Don't hesitate to contact us again,
      Ella
  • samhyypia34

Replied by samhyypia34 July 3, 2014

Hi Wix Team,

I have issues wit the HTML editor as it keeps loading but nothing shows up. I have done the following steps:

1) I have tried on both Firefox Mozilla and Google Chrome

2) Use a computer on a different network

3) Open Browser to a blank page and close all Wix pages

4) Clear browser's cache and cookies

I am currently using Windows 7 and have no previous issue with the editor. It was working fine this afternoon. I am currently located in Singapore.

Looking forward to your positive reply.

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella July 3, 2014

Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience. 
      I was unable to recreate the issue on my end - your editor load perfectly. We experienced a temporary issue about 4 hours ago. The problem was fixed. Please try accessing your editor again.
      Should the problem persist, please let us know!
      Thank you for your patience.
      Don't hesitate to contact us again,
      Ella
  • marti737

Replied by marti737 July 2, 2014

I'm having problems with my site.  Images are overlapping each other and I cant get into the editor section,  Becoming a bit of a pain.  Please help  My details are: beadhivefashions

http://editor.wix.com/html/editor/web/renderer/edit/2d6f83f2-b4d2-4afa-a55f-a55a4fd1bd46?metaSiteId=aa874741-844c-4138-ad28-74eae496e4e7&editorSessionId=F58C9C8A-4552-47A4-982F-F5C548DE699D 

• Anat Wix Team

Replied by Anat July 2, 2014

Hey,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

Please elaborate where are the images that are overlapping. You are welcome to add a screenshot. 

You can find step by step instructions here .

Regarding the problem with the Editor, when did it start? Have you tried using a different browser or different computer.

Thanks and we await your reply

Anat - Wix Team
    • marti737

Replied by marti737 July 3, 2014

I'm afraid I have having another problem.  My website will not launch.  I have to keep publishing it in order to get it live and this only lasts for 5 mins.  www.beadhivecreations.com  Please help me with this as I have spent a bit of money in order to get this promoted.

• marti737

Replied by marti737 July 3, 2014

Also.  My catagories will not open for people to view the products. Very frustrating.  Please somebody help.

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 3, 2014

In regard to your domain, please note that I have been successfully able to load your domain on my end:

If you are still having trouble viewing your site, please try doing the following:

1) Go here and click on "Delete all sites". Then clear your browser's cache.

For step-by-step instructions about how to clear your browser's cache, please follow this link.
      You can also find a video tutorial here.

2) Try to Flush your DNS. For detailed instructions on how to do so please go here.

3) Please go to the Windows start menu->click on 'run'-> select the first option: 'Run'-> type: 'ping yourdomain.com'->A window will pop with an IP address. Please run this test from several computers.

For Mac users: Go to ‘Application’ then open ‘Terminal’ and type: 'ping yourdomain.com'->A window will pop with an IP address. Please run this test from several computers.

-If you receive an IP address on your computer other than the IP you see here and you see this IP from other computers please contact an IT expert in your area for further troubleshooting.

-If you receive a different IP than the IP you see here from multiple locations, please send it to us in order for us to check it.

In regard to your menu pages, please note that you have a Product Gallery hiding your menu. Deleting it will make your menu pages clickable.

Please let us know in case you need further help.

All the best, Or
  • tandmuis

Replied by tandmuis June 30, 2014

My editor just keeps loading but never opens;( Username: tandmuis Site name: eldorapc

• Itamar Wix Team

Replied by Itamar June 30, 2014

Please note I checked your site but I was unable to recreate the problem.

Please follow the instructions provided here.

Itamar, Wix team
    • tandmuis

The link gives me this response:

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.

Error message

PDOException: SQLSTATE[00000] [1040] Too many connections in lock_may_be_available() (line167 of /var/www/lc-html/includes/lock.inc).

• tandmuis

I have already tried to link from a different computor and with 3G, a different connection but I'm still experiencing the same problem. The editor just keeps loading but never opens

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony July 1, 2014

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

Please note that I have checked your Editors and was not able to reproduce this issue as well. Please follow the instructions provided here (I've checked that this link is working now). 

Please let us know how it went. Should you require further assistance, we will be happy to help. 

• tandmuis

Replied by tandmuis July 1, 2014

Still no solution. I tried everything on the list. Clearing the data form the period in google chrome, clearing the cache, I tried linking from a different computor with a different internet signal. The editor won't load and I have to make some urgent changes

• rony Wix Team

Replied by rony July 2, 2014

Hi, 

We have forwarded the relevant information to our QA department and they are currently working on resolving the matter.

We will contact you with any feedback as it arises.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Rony WixTeam
    • BenjaminB Wix Team

Replied by BenjaminB July 2, 2014

Hi tandmuis,

We can see from the IP you are using to contact us that you are using a mobile internet connection.

If you are using the same type of internet connection to edit your editor, then the editor may not open.  Please note that using such an internet connection to open your editor isn't supported.

Please try and edit your site using a standard highspeed internet connection.

Let us know if you issue persists.

Benny

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets