Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

If you are experiencing this issue, please upgrade your Safari browser to Safari 6.  You can do so from the following link.

If your OS doesn't allow you to upgrade to Safari 6, then please install FF or Google Chrome instead.

To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here
To download the latest Firefox browser please click here

Replies (227 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • heathdormine6

Replied by heathdormine6 2 days ago

Everytime I edit text box turn white and I can type anything!

Everytime I try to edit text, I go and click "edit text" and the text box turns solid white and I can type or edit anything.  It does this constantly and I am just about to the point of canceling and changing to another webpage design site.   Can anyone help?

• Alina Wix Team

Replied by Alina 2 days ago

Hey,

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. 

I have merged your post to the main thread regarding this issue. Please refer to the 'Best Reply' at the top of this thread. 

Thanks, 

Alina, Wix Support Team
  • mohairhawaii

Replied by mohairhawaii April 16, 2014

unable to add text

When I double click, the background is white and will not let me type anything...

• CarleyS Wix Team

Replied by CarleyS April 16, 2014

Hi,

The problem that you described is due to the browser you are using. Please see the Best Reply above for more information.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

- Regards, Carley
  • sharndor

Replied by sharndor April 14, 2014

when i try to click 

Click here to upload a file from your computer

nothing happens

i reset the cache the problem persists

i have sent the screen shot via email 

i am waiting for this to be resolved 

• Niv Wix Team

Replied by Niv April 14, 2014

Hi,

I apologize for the confusion.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue using Safari 5.

I merged your ticket here so you can receive more information and updates regarding this matter. Please refer to the best reply above.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Niv, Wix Support
    • sharndor

Replied by sharndor 3 days ago

HI your solution to upgrade to safari 6 is not possible for me. also google chrome  needs 10.6. I cannot upgrade to 10.6

firefox also requires 10.6 

what should i do

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella 3 days ago

Hi,

Unfortunately, there isn't much to do except for upgrading the browsers. To allow the upgrade, you will need to upgrade your operating system. 

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ella

• sharndor

Replied by sharndor Yesterday

well I think you have caused a problem for many people by not pre-informing them that the wix  editor will now only work with the update,  

• Natty Wix Team

Replied by Natty 21 hours ago

Please note that editing your site using the Safari 5 browser is no longer supported.

Instead, please use the latest Google Chrome or FireFox browsers to edit your site.

To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here
      To download the latest Firefox browser please click here

Please note that this is only in reference to editing your site.

Your site can still be viewed on Safari 5.

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios April 13, 2014

Hi,

Please note that i was not able to recreate the issue on our end.

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Should the problem persist please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Thank you and we are here should you require further assistance.

• sharndor

Replied by sharndor April 13, 2014

editing paragraph

hi when i try to edit a paragraph, the box simply goes all white and does not respond to clicks or writing. 

This has only recently happened since last week

• jamesrelly

Replied by jamesrelly April 7, 2014

why cant i change the text

I am becoming more and more frustrated with Wix. I double click on a box to edit the text, the text box goes white but I am not able to type. I have made sure the text colour is not white. My site is www.hessianandtwine.com I am really wondering if I made a mistake today by going with Wix. 

• Daniel Wix Team

Replied by Daniel April 7, 2014

Hi,

I merged your post with our main thread regarding this issue. Please try following the best reply (On the top of this topic) and let us know if this issue persists.

Daniel - Wix support team
  • productionwest

Replied by productionwest April 3, 2014

text editing doesn't work

every time I try to edit text, the box goes WHITE - - can't see text and can't edit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is SO CHEESY!!!!!!!   What's up with this???????????????? C'mon guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• shayb7 Wix Team

Replied by shayb7 April 3, 2014

Hey,

I have merged your post with this main thread regarding this issue. Please note that this is a known issue when using the Safari browser. Please refer to the Best Reply above for further instructions.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

• keithmartens

Replied by keithmartens April 1, 2014

Adding text and text editor

I've periodically had trouble with the add text/paragraph feature. Now im unable to enter any new text.  While text box appears it is blank and will not allow me to enter text whether I double click or use the menu edit button.

• CarleyS Wix Team

Replied by CarleyS April 1, 2014

Hi Keith,

I apologize for the trouble you've been experiencing. This problem is related to the browser you are using and I have merged your post to the thread on this topic.

Please see the Best Reply above to learn more.

If you have any further questions, you are welcome to contact us again.

- Regards, Carley
    • keithmartens

Replied by keithmartens April 1, 2014

Thanks so much Carly!

• johnaemison

Replied by johnaemison March 30, 2014

I cannot edit text

After successfully editing every page of my website and blog, it will no longer allow me to edit any text. We I go to editor, double click the text box, select edit text, the text box goes white and will not allow me to edit any keystrokes. What is the matter?

• CarleyS Wix Team

Replied by CarleyS March 30, 2014

Hi johnaemison,

We are aware of an issue which occurs in older versions of the Safari browser. I have merged your post with the thread on this topic. Please read the Best Reply above for solutions and further information.

If you need any further assistance, you are welcome to contact us again.

- Regards, Carley
  • drainprosc

Replied by drainprosc March 27, 2014

Sometimes when I want to edit text, I will double-click on my text box and suddenly all the text disappears, or goes to white (I have a white background). The little text editor box, which is normally 'red' is always 'blue' in these cases. I can't see any text to highlight or edit. It seems even if I can occasionally highlight it, I can't edit it. 

(I'm using a current safari on a Mac, with latest Flash update installed.)

Help!

OTHERWISE, I simply can't say enough great things about the program. Almost everything I think it might not allow me to do, it does - with just a bit of intuitive digging; the tools are all there. With one possible exception un-related to the text, I've been able to do everything I've needed to do. I'm very impressed. 

• HIRO Wix Team

Replied by HIRO March 27, 2014

We are thrilled to learn that you are enjoying your Wix experience!
      Thank you so much for your kind words.

AS for the text editing issue, it is originated to the browser that you are using. 
      Please refer to the Best Reply of this thread and either 1. Update Safari to the latest version, or 2. User another browser among "Google Chrome" "FireFox" or
      "Internet Explorer (IE9 or later)".

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

-HIRO, Wix Team

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets