Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

You can now purchase personalized emails from Google Apps directly from Wix!

One email address costs 4.95$/month (or 48.96$ for the yearly savings plan).

You can choose from 1-20 email addresses at first and you can always add more mailboxes for this domain later.

For detailed information click here, or watch the video below:

Replies (14 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • bettyscheffler

Replied by bettyscheffler March 25, 2014

Hello,

i only found out now, after purchasing a premium account that i have to pay 4.9 US for emails?

I n my eyes that is far too much ans should be always included in the hosting amount.

Please let me know if you will give me a refund on my prepayment as i like to move hosting to another company.

Thanks

Betty

• Omer Wix Team

Replied by Omer March 25, 2014

Hey,

Purchasing an email hosting through Wix is not mandatory. You can also purchase it through a different email host if you prefer.

If you still wish to cancel your Wix premium package. You can find info there regarding our refund policy:

How do I receive a refund from Wix?

• julo55

Replied by julo55 March 14, 2014

I have a question, why do I find out that it actually costs FIRST when I come so far that I ad a what you are promoting as a free / premium service? 
    It stinks a bit like false advertising

• Niv Wix Team

Replied by Niv March 14, 2014

Hi,

We apologize for the confusion.

The Wix design platform is totally free for any user.

We do have a premium offer for a small fee that enables our users to get more storage and bandwidth if they need it, the option to remove the Wix tags, and the option to connect their Wix design to their own domain name.
      You can find out more about it here .
      For the Wix Premium Learning Center, click here.

If you don’t need any of these options then you can use it for free as much as you like.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Niv, Wix Support
    • julo55

There is no confusion, you left out relevant info, thats it, its NOT a free or premium service, its Google service witch costs money, that should be very clear in both management screen and appmarket.
      When you put it as you did now you letting people think that google mail is a part of premium account which i have.

• Dima Wix Team

Replied by Dima March 14, 2014

Hi,

We respectfully disagree. No where in our advertisements does it say that we provide email hosting for free, nor that it is included in a premium plan.

Dima -Wix support team-
    • julo55

So do i ;)
      To avoid future misunderstandings, pls include price in everything which costs extra and include that detail in info.
      If you insist, free/premium/(INCLUDE PRICE)

• azar-intservices

Replied by azar-intservices March 3, 2014

how do i renew my expired accounts,and will i get my emails?kindly advice,very urgent.

• Effie Wix Team

Replied by Effie March 3, 2014

Hi,

As your email subscription expired, we need you to generate a transfer token from your Google Apps account so that we can add the account back to Wix.

To generate a transfer token:

1. Login to your Google Apps Account

2. Copy and paste the URL below on your browser, insert your domain name in the bolded section, and press enter.

http://www.google.com/a/insert your domain name eg wix.com/TransferToken

3. Press the “Generate Token” button.

4. Send us the token number that appears and the expiry date.

Once we have received the transfer token from you, our mailboxes team will reactivate the subscription, you will be billed, and your email service will appear as active in your manage premium.

Please allow 5 business days for this process to be completed.

Sincerely,

Effie
  • lerkelvin

Replied by lerkelvin February 15, 2014

Hi WIX team,

I am writing for a few qns:

1. to purchase the email feature, I must first transfer my domain to you?

2. The other thing is that I am not using a .com/.net/.org but I am using .com.sg and sg=singapore. Is this still possible to go ahead?

3. Thus when i purchase the mailbox feature, will you set up the whole IMAP/MX records and liase with gmail or am i supposed to do everything myself with your step-by-step instructions?

• Yoav Wix Team

Replied by Yoav February 15, 2014

Hello,

You can use the Google Apps email service we provide with any domain you wish - by updating the domain's MX records.

We recommend connecting the domain to our name servers, which means you'll also have to connect your email service on Wix's end, and not through your original domain host.

Please note that while you cannot transfer .com.sg domains to be hosted with Wix, you can still connect the domain with our name servers.

Additional information and instructions can be found here.

Let us know if you need any additional help - we'll be happy to further assist!

• greyhouse1980

Replied by greyhouse1980 January 27, 2014

I am really disappointed with WIX. I have spent hundreds of pounds with them and even on my premium site I have to pay through the nose for an email inbox that any other website builder gives free?? Why wix? Where is the discount code for loyal customers who spend money with you? I've had to have a separate domain for email all this time and you promised it was coming and now it's still cheaper to stick with a second domain with a different host. What is the point WIX????

• Nat

Replied by Nat January 28, 2014

Hey,

Wix is not an email host, and therefor we cannot provide emails for our subscribers. We are resellers of Google Apps, which is why purchasing a mailbox via Wix costs money.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again. Nat
  • res217

Replied by res217 January 24, 2014

I think the biggest problem and confusion is the separation of emails from domain hosting... Usually... you purchase a domain from a registrar, then link that domain through name servers to a hosting company... and emails "space" is provided by that hosting company, there's no real limit on the amount of mailboxes you can setup... 

So with Wix... we're hosting our domain with them, they're provided 0mbs in email space... and they're providing space through google emails(apps) whatever... however, google isn't selling us space, they're selling us mailboxes... for a business like mine, I have already 20 different mail boxes setup with my existing domain and hosting company, so switching over to wix 100% makes it difficult... 

Am I understanding this incorrectly???

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso January 25, 2014

Hi,

I understand, the difficulties you are experiencing with this issue however in the meanwhile, we do not support this option.

I hope in the future this will be possible.

Thank you,

Dina.

• greatsouthwesttours

Replied by greatsouthwesttours January 9, 2014

I appreciate all the great things that WIX.COM has brought to we novices, however, you are really making a poor business decision, in my view, by charging so much money or e-mail boxes.   Your competitors, whom I'm familiar with, give customers multiple addresses for free for for very little.  Charging so much yearly does not help your image.  Please help me understand why it's so costly and why you don't at least give multiple addresses, i.e. employees names, for one cost?   Thank you.

• Miki- Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Miki- Wix Team January 9, 2014

Hi greatsouthwesttours,

Wix is providing Emails from Google Apps. The pricing is coming directly from Google, as mentioned.

Best regards, Miki- Wix Support Team
  • reynardmoolman

Replied by reynardmoolman November 19, 2013

Good Day, Are there any mailboxes included in a new domain registration or do you have to purchase all mailboxes a $4.95 per mailbox?

• Maya Wix Team

Replied by Maya November 19, 2013

Hi reynardmoolman,

The packages and the promotions currently do not include mailboxes - you will have to purchase them separately. You can purchase personalized emails from Google Apps directly from Wix. Click here for more information.

Thanks,

Maya Support-Team Wix
  • pillowell

Replied by pillowell August 4, 2013

I am sorry, but this is urgent and I need to clarify 1 more thing. You see I have 2 websites to build using Wix, however, my business partners are wishing me to clarify how many email addresses [attached to 1 domain name] do you get with each mail box?  Is it only 1 email address for $4.95 per month or how many email addresses can you have for this price???   I need to decide in the next 2 days if to use WIX.com for these 2 website setups...so a quick answer would be helpful please?

Thanks from Amanda Cooper

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso August 4, 2013

Hi,

The  $4.95 is per one email address.

You can purchase another email address however you will need to pay for ant additional email you wish to connect.

Dina- Wix Team.

• amandacoope0

Replied by amandacoope0 July 29, 2013

If I purchase an email mail box through wix, will it work?  I have just read the string of informtaion above but it seems that there is a problem with the Wix mail boxes - is that right ?

Amanda Cooper

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan July 29, 2013

No, there are no issues with our email boxes and our thread here is not mentioning any issues. Perhaps a specific user had an issue but our email accounts work just fine.

You can now purchase personalized emails from Google Apps directly from Wix. Click here for more information.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets