Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

In order to optimize your site for search engines, it is important to update your site's SEO Settings and add Meta Tags.

To update your site's SEO Settings: From the left side of the Editor, click the Settings icon > click SEO (Google) > under Site Title, Site Description and Keywords, enter the relevant information > click Done.

It's also important to update the SEO Settings for your individual pages.

To update your pages' SEO Settings: From the left side of the Editor, click the Pages icon > click the Settings wheel for the relevant page > under SEO Page Settings, enter the relevant information > click Done.

Note: It usually takes about one month for Google and other search engines to update their databases and for your site to appear in searches.

For further information on updating your SEO settings, click here.

Replies(9 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • plynchbsdh

Replied by plynchbsdh March 1, 2014

I keep changing the SEO title and description according to your instructions to optimize being found according to your Wizard.  I have done this several times, saving, publishing, etc.  I go back to the Wizard and repeat to see if I have "optimized" and the wording in the title and description is the original wording. Nothing saved. What the heck do I do?  My website is www.AboutFaceDentalSpa.com and you can contact me directly at aboutfacedentspa@gmail.com. 

Please help. I am so frustrated!!!!! I have wasted hours on this.

• Leah Wix Team

Replied by Leah March 1, 2014

Hello,

Please be sure to update the page meta data as well. Go to Pages -> (Page Name) -> Page Settings -> enter the information for each page under Page Title and Page Description.

Please be aware that your page meta data is given priority over your site meta data. This allows you to use a unique title and description for each page, relevant to that page's content.

This means that if you have filled in your home page meta data, it will be displayed in Google search results. Remember, if it is deemed weak or incomplete, Google will choose the next most relevant content on the page to display, so make sure to fill these out fully.

Your site meta data will be used when your page meta data is blank.

In addition, the SEO Monitoring Tool generates a 'Home Page Report', meaning that your home page meta data is analyzed.

Be sure to update your home page meta data (as well as the meta data of other pages). To add/modify meta data for your site or pages please click here.

Remember, whenever you make changes to your website, these changes need to be crawled again by search engines, such as Google, before they appear in search results.

It can take anywhere from 1 to 3 months for Google to update its database. To speed the process you can re-submit, if you haven’t already, your website directly to Google throughhttp://www.google.com/addurl.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if we could assist you further.

Sincerely, Leah Wix Team
  • fullboricua12

Replied by fullboricua12 January 24, 2014

I have updated my SEO site description, saved and published it. Yet, I see no changes in the search engines.

• Ilia Wix Team

Replied by Ilia January 24, 2014

Hi,

Please be aware that it can take from 1 to 3 months for Google to update its database after any change you make.

One way to speed up this process is to submit your website directly to search engines. Use the following links to submit your site to:

- Google

- Bing

Wix guarantees that all of the text and meta tags on your site are being scanned by search engines, however we cannot guarantee that Google will choose to assign your website a high rank, this part is up to you.

Make sure that your websites content has been optimized in accordance with the advice offered in our SEO Learning Center. We also recommend that you use the SEO Wizard & Monitoring tool for a more in depth analysis of your site’s SEO.

Best regards

Ilia - Wix Support
  • rhondalanier

Replied by rhondalanier January 8, 2014

This is the same reply I see every time something is posted regarding the  PRECIOUS SEO. Well your SEO IS NOT WORKING FIX THE SEO OR WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO HAVE OUR SITES HOSTED AND A REFUND OF OUR YEARLY FUNDS.

Fyi. I have referred about 15 to 20 ppl to WIX because before the SEO made its arrival all was good. However I am going to have to quit referring clients to Wix unless its fixed. There are literally hundreds of hosting companies out there and you would think that this would be a priority considering the way you tout the SEO.

Teresa,

furniturebyrhonda,com

• Gat Wix Team

Replied by Gat January 8, 2014

Hi Teresa,

We are doing everything in our power to provide the highest level of support and service.

However in this case we do require additional information to assist you as effectively and efficiently as possible.

Please be as specific as possible when answering the questions below.
      May we ask for your time in sending us specific details as to the nature of the difficulties you are experiencing with the SEO tool?
      Please provide us with a detailed outline of the steps you have taken until this point, so we may replicate the process from our end in finding a solution.

*Please include screen shots, if possible.

Thank you for your cooperation and we await your reply.

Gat Wix Team.
  • glesstron

Replied by glesstron June 28, 2013

Can this:http://glesstron.wix.com/the-nor-al-paper# be changed to http://glesstron,wix.com/thenor-calpaper ???

We are The Nor Cal Paper not The Nor Al Paper

• Adam F Wix Team

Replied by Adam F June 28, 2013

A free Wix URL is made of username.wix.com/sitename.

You can find step by step instructions about how to change your username  here.
      To change your site name, go to My Account -> click on Manage & Edit Site next to your site and click Rename under Site Actions on the right side.

To change your own domain please go into the Wix Domain Manager (My Account -> Domains from the top bar) and remove your old domain and then add the new domain again under your preferred connection method or purchase a domain.

To connect your own domain to your site, upgrade to Premium and purchase a domain or get one for free (for the purchase of yearly package- Combo, Unlimited or eCommerce)! Click here to learn more.

If you still do not own the new domain name, you can purchase it from Wix! You can find more information here.

• Uma - Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Uma - Wix Team December 10, 2012

@ osnatf,

Facebook may not always have updated information regarding your site, this is why your site's description and photos may be out of date when posting on your wall. To update Facebook with your site's recent information make sure you have changed the site's description from the default (you can do this on the editor, click settings at the top and update, be sure to save your changes).

Now use this link.

It allows you to submit your site to Facebook for re-scanning. Paste your site's URL and click 'lint'. Once done updated pictures of your site will appear instead of old or default pictures as well as your updated site description.

Please follow this link for more information.

Thanks,

Uma@WIX

• osnatf

Replied by osnatf December 9, 2012

I have the same issue I keep updating the text and it keeps the old version. My site is www.osnatbenari.com. In the editor I see the right text but when posting my site on Facebook the text is the old one. urgh!

• Adam F Wix Team

Replied by Adam F August 30, 2012

@i28594,

Please provide the following information so that we can better assist you: 

1. What text are you referring to and where did you change it. 

2. What are the two drafts of text you are referring to (wanted text and unwanted text)? 

3. Where is text not updated, on search engines or in your editor?

• i28594

Replied by i28594 August 30, 2012

I keep changing the text as suggested by SEO wizard but they are not being updated

• wix Wix Team

Replied by Wix KnowledgeBase March 13, 2012

In order to optimize your site for search engines, it is important to update your site's SEO Settings and add Meta Tags.

To update your site's SEO Settings: From the left side of the Editor, click the Settings icon > click SEO (Google) > under Site Title, Site Description and Keywords, enter the relevant information > click Done.

It's also important to update the SEO Settings for your individual pages.

To update your pages' SEO Settings: From the left side of the Editor, click the Pages icon > click the Settings wheel for the relevant page > under SEO Page Settings, enter the relevant information > click Done.

Note: It usually takes about one month for Google and other search engines to update their databases and for your site to appear in searches.

For further information on updating your SEO settings, click here.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets