Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

Strips allow you to break up your site into horizontal sections and help you to design the layout of your site.

To add a strip: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Shapes & Lines > click Strip.

You can customize the strip's style by changing the background or using a custom skin.

Note: A strip automatically spans the width of your site. It is not possible to change the width of a strip.

Click here for more information.

Replies(13 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • i50122

Replied by i50122 June 27, 2014

Hi guys, 

I have a big problems with the strip and footer.

Each page of my website has different height. 

The problem is that the strip and footer tends to fit the highest page and consequently the other pages and especially quite sort homepage looking like it had been broken. 

And in addition, I cannot move the strip and footer to change position. 

Is this possible to choose the strip and footer position on each page separately?

How can I solve the problem? I've read about sending the page backward, but id doesn't works in my case. You could look this horror at: tenerifehost.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella June 28, 2014

Hi,

The footer is set to fit each page's length. At the moment, there is a strip just above your footer. This strip is set to show on all pages. Since it is a standalone element, it appears at the same height on every page.

To fix the issue, drag the strip into the footer, then use the drag handle to move the footer further up to the end of the page. This will eliminate the space between the page and the footer, and will allow you footer to properly display on each and every page.

Should you require any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us again!

Ella

• i50122

Replied by i50122 June 28, 2014

Hi Ella, 

Thanks a lot for the explanation. 

The problem is it that I cannot drag the strip now. After a few attempts and reloads I've attached the strip to the footer, then moved all the footer's elements up, but now I cannot do nothing with it. 

It looks like the footer is in a fixed position with the strip together although in the footer's settings I do not have marked this option. 

Probably I have to change the page height (length) but I cannot do it, 'cos in the page settings these figure isn't changeable.

Could you tell me, please, what wrong I'm doing and how to move the footer with the strip a bit up to eliminate these empty space?

Gregory

tenerifehost.com 

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav June 28, 2014

Hi Gregory,

I was able to click on the footer and use the drag handle to bring it up.

This is how it looks now:

If you are happy with the result, please click publish.

Otherwise, use the handle to move the footer down and up.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
    • i50122

Replied by i50122 June 28, 2014

Hi Ella,

Thanks a lot for your help! 

It is that what I wanted. Looks the problem is with my slow Internet connection. 

Greg

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav June 28, 2014

Glad to hear everything is fine now, Greg :)

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • pontescarla

Replied by pontescarla June 8, 2014

Hey there,

I added a stripe to my header, shown on all pages, but it does not cover the whole width of the website. The stripe that comes just bellow in the page itself covers the whole width.How can I fix this? I need the stripe in the header to cover the whole width...

Thanks in advance...

• Ilia Wix Team

Replied by Ilia June 8, 2014

Hi,

I see that the strip you've added covers the entire width of the page.

Is there another strip that is problematic?

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Ilia - Wix Support
  • info853

Replied by info853 May 14, 2014

Hi eti. 
    Pls see below iOS & browser versions. 

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53

Thanks 

Ps. Looks like you are also using iOS

• Dean Wix Team

Replied by Dean May 14, 2014

Hey,

I am sorry for the confusion but it's not entirely clear from your previous reply, are you using Mozilla Firefox or Safari when you get this problem?

Please note that Wix only supports the original browser that's related to the device, meaning on Apple devices - Safari.

Thank you for the cooperation and patience,

All the best, Dean - Wix Team
  • info853

Replied by info853 May 14, 2014

Hi guys. I need help. 

The blue strip below my "work with us". Has grey borders either side on mobile view??

this is so frustrating as it looks ugly & unprofessional. Pls could you follower my below link to see if you could help to correct this for me. I would much appreciate this x

please see this link in mobile view.  http://www.gbdesignstudio.co.uk/#!blog/ctc7

The page looks fine in desktop/iPad view - but different in mobile view. 

thanks and look forward to your reply

gary

gbdesignstudio.co.uk

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti May 14, 2014

Hi Gary,

I couldn't see the problem on my mobile device:

It looks the same as in the editor.

What mobile device are you using, and what browsers (include the version of the browser)?

Thank you for your cooperation

• qengelhardt

Replied by qengelhardt May 9, 2014

Hi, 

I have a strip on my site and I cant move it anymore. Why is this and how do I prevent this?  When I click on this I get the 'pages' to edit.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso May 9, 2014

Hi,

In order to select the strip -> please click on the page -> from the drop down menu click on the ' send backward ' button until you will be able to select the strip.

Dina-Wix Team.

• dancole42

Replied by dancole42 February 25, 2014

I can't add elements to a strip anymore. I've tried creating new sites from scratch and nothing works!

I have one site that has one strip that DOES allow elements to be attached to it, but any other strips don't work.

1) Create site.

2) Add strip.

3) Add element.

4) Resize element to be smaller than the strip.

5) Drag element to strip.

Nothing happens... the element and the strip can be moved independently. This is in contrast to Boxes and working strips where "Attach to Strip/Box" appears.

• Dror - Wix Support Wix Team

Replied by Dror - Wix Support February 25, 2014

Hi,

We'd love to take a closer look,

Can you provide us with an example for somewhere this is happening in your site? Please provide us with a screen shot. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Dror - Wix Team
    • dancole42

Replied by dancole42 February 26, 2014

Sure thing.

1) Create a new site.

2) Pick a template.

3) Add a strip. 

4) Add any element.

5) Add a box, just for good measure.

6) Your page should look like this...

7) Drag the element over the box. Notice "Attach to Box" appears.

8) Drag the element over the stripe. It used to be that "Attach to Stripe" would appear, but now... nothing. No matter where I drag the element.

• dancole42

Also note that, on this template, "Strip" appears on one of the default strips when I drag an element over it:

However, when I add a Strip to the same site, nothing:

• Natty

Replied by Natty February 26, 2014

Please click on the strip you wish to move and then click on the Bring Forward or Send Backward icons. 

As per your second question, could you please explain what is a default strip and the issue you are facing?

• dancole42

I tried moving the strip back and forward. I tried moving the element back and forward. Nothing works. I'm not trying to MOVE strips, I'm trying to attach elements to it.

I don't have a second question - it's the same as the first. I was trying to illustrate the problem. Notice that in the example, I've used one of the Wix default templates. When I try to add an element to a strip that's already in the template, it works fine. When I then CREATE a strip on the same page, elements will not attach to it.

Replied by Dror - Wix Support February 26, 2014

We have forwarded the relevant information to our QA department and they are currently working on resolving the matter.

We will contact you with any feedback as it arises.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Dror - Wix Team
    • Hudson Wix Team

Replied by Hudson February 27, 2014

Sorry for the confusion, can you please let us know which site this is happening with in your account?

I have just viewed your site tattlebot 

added a new page called blank, then added a stip which I colored blue, then clicked add > Text > title, and as you can see there was no issue with adding this, please try it this way, visit the site and the page I have added, click on the strip and follow the instructions. 

• dancole42

Replied by dancole42 February 27, 2014

Dror-

This is happening on every site. I was on the phone with support and they said this was a major bug that they were escalating to the development team.

Yes, I see you added a blue strip, HOWEVER adding a strip was not the problem. The problem is that elements are not ATTACHING to the strip.

This is a MAJOR issue.

Please read the problem description more carefully.

Replied by Dror - Wix Support February 27, 2014

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I have in fact forwarded this to our developers.

I've received the answer that this is an intentional change, strips no longer work as containers.

Again, I'm sorry for the confusion.

Dror - Wix Team
  • coralielaurencin

Replied by coralielaurencin February 19, 2014

Hello

The strip at the top of my website (www.londonschoolmaze.com) got bigger overnight ! I have tried to make it slimmer, but I cannot get it to reduce, it seems stuck.

Can you help ?

Also, the strip looked fine 2 days ago and it seems to have increased its size without my doing anything : is that possible ? And if so how can I avoid non-desired layout changes ?

Many thanks

Coralie

• coralielaurencin

Replied by coralielaurencin February 19, 2014

Hi - Somehow I have sorted my problem ... this usually happens as soon as I contact you ! Nice work :) Thanks

• Fanny Wix Team

Replied by Fanny February 19, 2014

Great =D

Have a beautiful day !

Fanny - Équipe Wix
  • st1086

Replied by st1086 February 12, 2014

Won't let me delete a strip on my page.

It's stuck in the middle of the page and doesn't seem to be acknowledging that it's a strip...

How do I delete it?

• st1086

Replied by st1086 February 12, 2014

How do you delete a strip that's in the middle of the page?

It won't let me click on it and doesn't seem to be recognising that it's a strip?

• Michal

Replied by Michal February 12, 2014

Hi, 

It looks like the strip got pushed behind the page. To send your page backward, please click it > in the float panel that opens click the Send Backward button until it is greyed out:

Then you will be able to click the strip. 

Thanks,

Michal - Wix Team
  • eheld1

Replied by eheld1 January 7, 2014

The navigation strip, right below the header. I'd like it to sit at the top of the page. When I check the box to make it 'fixed' it also holds the header. 

Is there a way around this to just fix the navigation strip? Or an area for me to tweak the CSS code slightly? It's a simple fix.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso January 7, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is not possible.

Currently, you can fix only the Header and it is not possible to change directly the CSS file of your Wix site.

Watch the video tutorial below to learn more about the header fixed position feature.

Thank you,

Dina.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets