Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

In order for any changes to your Wix site to appear live, you will need to publish your site.

To publish your site: From the top of the Editor, click Publish > review your SEO and Mobile View options > click Publish.

After a few seconds, the confirmation box will appear > click OK.

Note: Saving changes will not make them appear live. Every time that you save your site, you will need to click Publish to make the saved changes appear live.

To learn more about Saving and Publishing, click here.

Replies(534 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • ghazzali

Replied by ghazzali 3 days ago

Hi Everyone!

I have been trying to publish my site since last night. When I click publish I'm told that it will be live in a few seconds but then when I try access it, www.maavysavvy.com I'm being told my wix that I need to publish my site. I have already done so, many times and I'm just going around in circles. Can you please help me?

Thanks!

• Nitzan Wix Team

Replied by Nitzan 3 days ago

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix Support regarding this matter.

I have checked your domain records and found that your pointing configuration in your registrar (not Wix, but your actual domain host) is incorrect. Wix hosts your website but your domain is from a third party. The domain stays at your domain hosting company and points to the Wix servers. We recommend connecting your domain name using Wix’s name servers. When connecting a domain to your Wix site with our nameservers, the domain stays at your hosting company and connects to the Wix servers NS1.WIX.COM and NS2.WIX.COM. This method transfers control of your domain records to Wix. These records can be controlled via Domain Manager of your Wix account by you! This will also allow your mobile site to be automatically associated with your domain! In order to do so simply send your domain hosting company the following message: “I have built a site on Wix.com. Please connect my domain to their name servers- NS1.WIX.COM-IP address 216.139.213.90 and NS2.WIX.COM-IP address 95.211.144.195”

The other option is to connect your domain name via pointing. Pointing means that your domain host remains in control of your domain records. You will not be able to add, edit or create MX, CNAME, txt and A records via your Wix account. Also, the amount of support Wix can offer in this regard will be limited.

If you still want to remain connected to Wix via pointing, please copy the IP you get here and send your domain hosting company the following message: “I have built a site on Wix.com. Please point my domain to the Wix IP: (add the IP you have copied) . This means that I will need three A records for www.mydomain.com, mydomain.com and m.mydomain.com pointing to IP: (add the IP you have copied)”

After following these steps, please allow up to 72 hours for changes to get updated (propagate). If you are still having domain connection problems, try going through the troubleshooter here.

Please let us know should you require any further assistance.

Have a great day! Nitzan - Wix Support Team
  • nberda

Replied by nberda 4 days ago

Hello Wixies!

I'm having trouble seeing changes to my site after saving and publishing.

I have read through this thread and tried some of the tips: clearing my cache/history.

I've even gone as far as deleting content and re-building the page only to see no changes in the actual site.

The problem is an image gallery I placed on my page, I had copied it in from another page and changed the images.

I'm all out of ideas so any help would be great.

• Itamar S Wix Team

Replied by Itamar S 4 days ago

Hi,

On which page this problem occurs? Please provide us with the exact URL.

In addition, please provide us with screenshots of both editor and live site. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshots, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Sincerely, Itamar - Wix Support
  • sullivan31

Replied by sullivan31 August 14, 2014

Hello, we are having an issue wherein our url is only available when there is a trail behind the forwardslash such as:  www.oursite.wix.com/oursite

We need to be able to send people to www.oursite.wix.com  Why is the main page for our site unpublished when the rest of our site is?  We need to publish the main site, Please advise. Thank you. 

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron August 14, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix.

Please note that the free Wix URL is comprised of the following: username.wix.com/sitename

This is due to the fact that you can have multiple free sites under one account.

www.oursite.wix.com is not your homepage, www.oursite.wix.com/oursite is.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Ron, Wix Team
  • annalisecopenhaver

Replied by annalisecopenhaver August 13, 2014

I have updated my site by adding new items to my store. I have changed, saved, and published multiple times and it only shows my old, original items when I visit my site. 

• Alissa Wix Team

Replied by Alissa August 14, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

Please note that I have accessed your site, added a product (Test Product) to your store, saved and published and the changes showed up fine on my site. View the screenshot below:

Please clear your browser cache. While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict. You can find instructions on how to clearing browser cache for Internet Explorer, Chrome, FireFox and Safari in thisTroubleshooting Tutorial.

Should the problem still persist, please try and use a different browser.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should the problem persist and please add a screenshot of the issue. To learn how to take a screen shot on Windows, Mac and mobile devices, check out our Troubleshooting Tutorial.

Alissa - Wix Support
  • hallalyson

Replied by hallalyson August 12, 2014

Hi

I have today built a website and published it.  It is built on 4 pages and conact page like it says on options, but only one page shows when published?

Can you help me please?

Thanks

• Shai Wix Team

Replied by Shai August 12, 2014

Hey,

In order to enable navigation in your site, you will need to add a menu.

To add a menu: Click Add > Buttons & Menus > Menu.

You can read more about menus here.

Shai - Wix Support
  • cathybonsey

Replied by cathybonsey August 11, 2014

I have p[ublished my site cathybonsey.wix.com/intro-to-the-nqf and get the confirmation that it will be on line in seconds but when I try to access it I get the screen saying it isn't published yet.  Can you help?

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan August 11, 2014

It works just fine:

http://cathybonsey.wix.com/introd-to-the-nqf

Be sure to use the right web address, as appears above.

• j84356

Replied by j84356 August 7, 2014

I have published my site, updated all SEO, but I can't seem to access my new URL www.jonnyhirsch.com on my computer. Can you help?

• Eyal Wix Team

Replied by Eyal August 7, 2014

Hi j84356,

Thank you for contacting us. Please note that your domain is going through a process called domain propagation. Domain propagation is the process of your registrar handing off the changes of your domain to root DNS servers, ISPs acquire records from the root servers, ISPs to other ISPs and so on until you see the changes reflect on your computer with your internet service provider.

Please note that for all of the changes to take effect can take up to 72 hours from the moment you received the email form your domain hosting company. 

If you aren't able to view your site after 72 hours, please let us know!

Thank you,

Eyal, Wix Customer Support Team
    • Eyal Wix Team

Replied by Eyal August 7, 2014

Hi j84356,

Thank you for contacting us. Please note that your domain is going through a process called domain propagation. Domain propagation is the process of your registrar handing off the changes of your domain to root DNS servers, ISPs acquire records from the root servers, ISPs to other ISPs and so on until you see the changes reflect on your computer with your internet service provider.

Please note that for all of the changes to take effect can take up to 72 hours from the moment you received the email form your domain hosting company. 

If you aren't able to view your site after 72 hours, please let us know!

Thank you,

Eyal, Wix Customer Support Team
  • jennewimage

Replied by jennewimage August 6, 2014

Hi

Every time I click publish, it say error has occurred. Please help me to publish my site.

• shayb7 Wix Team

Replied by shayb7 August 6, 2014

Hi,

Please follow the steps provided here. Make sure you try and use different browsers, connections and devices. Please also make sure that you have the latest version of the browsers you use.

Wix is compatible with Internet Explorer (version 9 and above), Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here.
      To download the latest Firefox browser please click here.
      To download the latest Safari browser for Mac please click here.
      To download the latest Internet Explorer browser please click here.

If the issue persists, please specify which error message you are getting and provide us with a screenshot exemplifying the problem. For instructions, click here.

• annastark4

Replied by annastark4 August 4, 2014

Hi!

I have pressed the button for Publish every time I have made a change. First I save it. Still I get the message "Your site isn´t published yet" when I write the web address…?

Did I miss something about the publishing thing?

• Itamar S Wix Team

Replied by Itamar S August 4, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue.

I have checked your site annastark4.wix.com/anna-stark and, from my end, your site is up, running and looks great. I have attached a screenshot to demonstrate: 

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know.
      Sincerely, Itamar - Wix Support
  • mkfoo5

Replied by mkfoo5 August 1, 2014

hi,

After selecting publish and getting the confirmation I go to the link where my website is but it is not showing the same as the preview.

The preview pictures and words fit properly but when i go to the published site,the words and pictures are enlarged and does not fit in their frames properly thus making it very messy

• leel Wix Team

Replied by leel August 2, 2014

Hi,

I see you placed several elements outside the gridlines. 

Gridlines appear inside your Editor to help you build your site's layout correctly. Currently your site is fixed at 980px in order to accommodate the largest number of internet users that will be visiting your site. Place all of your site's content inside the Gridlines to ensure its compatibility across different browsers and devices. 

Please contact us should you require further assistance,

Lee - Wix Team.

• mkfoo5

Replied by mkfoo5 August 2, 2014

is there other ways to go about doing it without removing elements?   how do i maintain how it looks like on the preview page without removing the elements that i have placed outside of the gridlines?

Because the elements such as the mailing list and social media icons i have placed out of the gridlines to give it a 'clean' look.

how do i change the size from 980 px to a smaller size?

• mkfoo5

also why is the published site different from the preview site? 

it is very inconsistent and hard to work on the site if it doesnt show the same as the published site.besides,isnt that what preview is for? to preview is to see what it will look like on actual website.if its different then whats the point?

• mkfoo5

Hi,

i have removed the elements that was out of the gridlines but the results are the same.

My photos still do not fit in the frames and everything in my site is till enlarged

• Alissa Wix Team

Replied by Alissa August 3, 2014

Hi,

Please note that the way your site is seen online depends on what device and browser you are using. If you build your site within the gridlines, all users visiting your site will be able to see your site correctly (no matter what device or browser they are using). 

I have accessed your site and it appears that some of your elements (the menu for example) are still positioned outside the gridlines. Please adjust your site, so that all components are within the gridlines. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Alissa - Wix Support
    • mkfoo5

Replied by mkfoo5 August 4, 2014

Hi thanks for ur response

could you tell me what other elements besides for my menu that is placed outside the gridline? because some of the items eg the menu i thought was meant to be place out of the gridline would be ok. the social icons as well?

• Alissa Wix Team

Replied by Alissa August 4, 2014

Ideally you should place all your elements within the gridlines. Therefore, it is advised to place the social icons within the gridlines as well. To read more about gridlines, please click here.

Alissa - Wix Support

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets