Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

In order for any changes to your Wix site to appear live, you will need to publish your site.

To publish your site: From the top of the Editor, click Publish > review your SEO and Mobile View options > click Publish.

After a few seconds, the confirmation box will appear > click OK.

Note: Saving changes will not make them appear live. Every time that you save your site, you will need to click Publish to make the saved changes appear live.

To learn more about Saving and Publishing, click here.

Replies(513 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • mkfoo5

Replied by mkfoo5 10 hours ago

hi,

After selecting publish and getting the confirmation I go to the link where my website is but it is not showing the same as the preview.

The preview pictures and words fit properly but when i go to the published site,the words and pictures are enlarged and does not fit in their frames properly thus making it very messy

• enkhjin2

Replied by enkhjin2 Yesterday

Hello, one of my colleague transferred one website to my account but some reason i cannot publish the saved pages. how do i get full control of the webpage?

• Alissa Wix Team

Replied by Alissa Yesterday

Hi enkhjin2,

Thank you for contacting Wix support. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue causes you. 

Please note that we tried to recreate the issue by publishing the site and it worked fine on our end. Could you please elaborate what happens when you try to publish? If you get a notification, what does it say? 

Awaiting your reply. 

Alissa - Wix Support
  • kens40ford

Replied by kens40ford 4 days ago

I can make changes on my yahoo store, but am interested in going with wix, can I change pictures,prices,etc..with the web site still functioning with no interruption on my site of over 250 items.

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or 4 days ago

Hi there,

You can change the images, prices and description of your products in the Wix Online Store (with many more features). Please click here to learn all about using the Online Store.

Should you need further help, please let us know!

Kind regards, Or - Wix support team.
  • cl3ara5wat3r

Replied by cl3ara5wat3r 5 days ago

Is it possible to add 'publish one page at a time' function to the wix builder, that way we can work on many pages but publish only the one's that are ready to go live?

your automated responses are half-rank murmur; just take a moment to give it some thought.
    • Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti 5 days ago

Hi,

Unfortunately not. When one publishes the site, all of the website will be published.

Best, Ritti
    • cl3ara5wat3r

maybe you misunderstood. i meant. you should have that facility.

your automated responses are half-rank murmur; just take a moment to give it some thought.
    • Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios 5 days ago

Hi,

This is a great feature idea, unfortunately there is no direct feature available that allows only one page to appear.

However, A work around is to hide all your other pages, please see How do I hide a page from the menu of my Wix site?

Also please see How do I hide pages on my Wix site from Google search results?

We document and learn from every feature request and bug brought to our attention. These objectives are immediately high priority milestones in Wix's product road map.

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by postinghere.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

We are here should you require further assistance.

Many thanks, Barrios
    • cl3ara5wat3r

ah, in this instance, you would create duplicate pages to edit, and before publishing, you'd hide the duplicates.

Thanks guys

• Nati Wix Team

Replied by Nati 5 days ago

Hן cl3ara5wat3r,

You are most welcome.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions.

Best Regards, Nati - Wix Support Team
  • viruspoliceinfo

Replied by viruspoliceinfo July 26, 2014

Hello, 

The editor has told me that i cannot publish or save my work that i have done. 

I would like to know what i can do about it, because i really do not want to do over all my work. 

http://viruspolice.wix.com/info

Thank You

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav July 26, 2014

Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I was able to both save and publish your site without encountering any difficulties on my end.

While browsing the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache and try again. You can find step by step instructions here.

Should this issue reoccur, please provide us with the following:

1. Check if it happens in a different browser and let us know.

2. Check if it happens in a different computer and let us know.

3. Provide us with a screenshot of the issue. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • tlouis1324

Replied by tlouis1324 July 23, 2014

Hi,

After selecting publish and getting the confirmation I go to the link where my website is but it is not showing the same as the preview and I am not able to click on the other pages on my website. What is the problems with that?

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella July 24, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please let us know which one of your sites you experience this issue with.

Awaiting your reply,

Ella

• tlouis1324

Replied by tlouis1324 July 24, 2014

It is the blog website. The background is a charcoal color.

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel July 24, 2014

Hello,

Please note that we can see no difference between your site online and the editor version.

Please elaborate what exactly is not the same in the online version, so we can assist you better.

Regarding the navigation menu, it is covered by a text box:

Please re-size or move the text box and it will solve the issue.

Please feel free to contact us in case you need further assistance. 

• wimentertainment

Replied by wimentertainment July 22, 2014

I hit the button publish but it won't publish what else is there for me to do if I hit publish?

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav July 22, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Please specify which one of your sites you would like to publish in order for us to look into it further.

Once we receive this information, we will be able to assist you. Thank you for your cooperation and we await your reply.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • mariozampi

Replied by mariozampi July 22, 2014

hiya,  I have been building a web page using your services but having finished it I am struggling to publish it as I have a domain that was set up with names.co.uk a littlewhile ago.  How do I go about publishing what is a very low cost site I am trying to run.

• shayb7 Wix Team

Replied by shayb7 July 22, 2014

Hi,

First, please note that you can publish your Free site using the instructions in the Best Reply above. Once your Free site is published, you will be able to access it using its Free site's URL in the format: username.wix.com/sitename.

If you would like to use your own domain with your Wix site, note that this is a premium feature and requires to upgrade your Wix site first with one of our premium plans. For information about our plans, click here.

Once your site is upgraded, to use your own domain with your site there are two options:

1. Transferring the domain to Wix

Please note that this feature has not yet been released to all users.

Currently it is possible to transfer only domains with the following extensions: .com, .org, .net, .biz. and .info.You can transfer your domain from another registrar to your Wix account. To transfer your domain, verify that at least 60 days have passed since your registered or last transferred your domain and make sure that your domain is unlocked.

For more information please click here.

2. Connecting your domain to Wix

There are two methods of connecting your domain to Wix, Pointing to a Wix IP address or using Wix's Name Servers. The difference between pointing to the Wix IP or connecting with name servers is really a difference in who has control over your DNS – Wix or your domain host.

For more information please click here.

For more information about the differences between transferring and connecting a domain to Wix, click here.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

• danfaith5

Replied by danfaith5 July 20, 2014

Thank you Dean! I will do what you say ... but if you're familiar with MFC - how do I use my Wix profile on there?  Even after I publish ... how do I incorporate my new Wix profile onto the MFC site as my profile there?

• shayb7 Wix Team

Replied by shayb7 July 20, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not offer a direct integration with MFC. You can however try and use our HTML App which allows you to add the relevant HTML code or embed another site onto your Wix site. For more information, click here.

We document and learn from every feature request and bug brought to our attention. These objectives are immediately high priority milestones in Wix's product road map.

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

• danfaith5

Replied by danfaith5 July 19, 2014

Hi there ... Im a model on MFC (My Free Cams).  After I finish my page here on Wix, how do I put in on MFC to use, as my profile ?  Thanks guys !!

• Dean Wix Team

Replied by Dean July 19, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out,

Once you finish creating your site, all you need to do in order for it to be live is publish it, once you publish it, you will get your site's address which you can then share with other people.

If you have any specific questions please let us know so we can assist you further.

Building a site with Wix completely free. We do offer a number of premium plans which give our users access to additional features such as connecting a domain name, removing Wix ads and additional storage and bandwidth. To learn more about our available premium plans, click here.

You are under no obligation to upgrade your site to a premium plan. You are welcome to continue using the free version without any additional upgrades.

Let us know if you need additional assistance!

All the best, Dean - Wix Team

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets