Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

Preview Mode lets you view and browse through your site as it were live. You can also preview any changes that you make before saving them.

To preview your site: From the top of the Editor, click Preview.

To go back to the Editor: From the left of the preview window, click Back to Editor.

Note: You can preview your site, through the Editor, at any time, even after your site is published!

To learn more about previewing your site, click here.

Replies(54 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • angelacomfort

Replied by angelacomfort 9 hours ago

Hello, I'm building my site and almost ready to show to my higher ups!  Problem is when I view it on my computer everything looks great.  When I view it on another computer, some of the pages view the footer set right up next to my bottom menu (just like it's supposed to), however, on some pages the footer is thrown two or three scrolls down.  The footer and bottom menu are set standard for every page (same width between them for every page - or so I thought).   I've been reading that you are consistently recommending clearing the cache.  Would that cause the mis-placement on different pages?  I would have guess that just would have messed that placement up on all of the pages.  Thanks in advance.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso 5 hours ago

Hi,

I checked your site but I couldn't recreate the issue, on all the pages the footer is under the bottom line of your pages.

We will appreciate if you could send us the name of the pages you are referring to.

Also, please send us a screen shot as where you see this issue.

To learn how to take a screen shot on Windows, Mac and mobile devices, check out our Troubleshooting Tutorial.

To upload a screen shot:

Dina-Wix Team.

• angelacomfort

Replied by angelacomfort 5 hours ago

Issue solved!  Clear your cache....  should have gone ahead and done that first.....

Thank you much!

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella 5 hours ago

Hi,

Glad to hear, thanks for the update!

Don't hesitate to contact us again,

Ella

• vofelypisti

Replied by vofelypisti 12 hours ago

Hello! 
    So my problem is that when I went to the entered text in the template, and if you go into the appearance of the small letters are mapped to lower case. How this can be overcome? 

Thanks

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso 7 hours ago

Hi,

Unfortunately , I do not fully understand the issue.

We will appreciate if you could elaborate on the matter, as where in your site we can find this text.

Also, please send us a screen shot of the text as it appears from your end.

To learn how to take a screen shot on Windows, Mac and mobile devices, check out our Troubleshooting Tutorial.

Dina-Wix Team.

• spikadouglas

Replied by spikadouglas 3 days ago

Hello!  I would like to let my friend take a look (preview) at my site.  Am I able to have him look at the website before it is published without giving him all of my login information?  Thank you in advance.

• Danna Wix Team

Replied by Danna 3 days ago

Hi!

Unfortunately, this isn't possible at the moment. Once you allow someone with access to edit one of your sites, they'll have access to all the sites under your account.

Danna- Wix Team
    • spikadouglas

Replied by spikadouglas 3 days ago

Thank you for the quick reply!

• taniaseron

Replied by taniaseron 5 days ago

I have a problem with my "Biography" page. In the editor looks fine but when I go to preview it gives you the option to scroll over the right (which I don´t want), where there is some letters I don´t know where they come from. This is just happen in this particular page.

Could you please help me with this issue?

• taniaseron

taniaseron.com

• Shai Wix Team

Replied by Shai 5 days ago

Hello,

I have removed two text boxes that were placed at the far right side of your page. Please go to your editor and review the changes. If you are please, publish your site.

Let us know if you still face this issue or if you require assistance with anything else.

Shai - Wix Support
    • taniaseron

Hello,

Thanks you very much for your help. The words are no longer there indeed, but the scroll right is still happening. How can I stop that?

Many thanks

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel 5 days ago

Hello,

Currently we can see no horizontal scroll bar on your site.

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Please feel free to contact us in case you need further assistance.

• henrymorrisphoto

Replied by henrymorrisphoto August 7, 2014

henrymorrisphotography.com

in the editor my page looks fine but when I go to preview or check the live site you can not scroll up and down, some menus do not appear so you can not navigate to other pages. I have deleted my browser cache etc, but still no joy. It was working and previewing without any issues until I paid to go live and then it just didn't work. It displays fine on a phone or mobile device

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel August 7, 2014

Hello,

This happens because you have your header and footer in a fixed position.

In order to fix that, click on the header\footer and un-check the "fixed position" option:

Please feel free to contact us in case you need further assistance. 

• henrymorrisphoto

Replied by henrymorrisphoto August 7, 2014

Thank you very much that worked a treat.

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti August 8, 2014

Great! Please dint hesitate to contact us again.

• hollysuzanneaustin

Replied by hollysuzanneaustin August 3, 2014

Hi there

When I preview my site it will only let me scan down to half way and i can't see the bottom of my page. can You please help me

Thanks heaps :)

• leel Wix Team

Replied by leel August 3, 2014

Hi,

I visited your editor ans I was able to scroll all the way to the bottom of your site.

Please clear your browser's cache. While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

You can find step by step instructions here.

If this issue persist, please provide us with a screen shot of the problem.

For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

• carmenthorne

Replied by carmenthorne July 21, 2014

Hi I just viewed my site and when I went onto the fashion and video reel pages it said "404 not found"....

What does it mean?

• leel Wix Team

Replied by leel July 21, 2014

Hi,

I visited your site and I was able to view both pages.

Please clear your browser's cache and see if this issue persist.

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

You can find step by step instructions here.

Please contact us if this issue persist.

• mrkjbrown2012

Replied by mrkjbrown2012 July 16, 2014

Every time I try to view and then edit the site I choose, I keep receiving this air message "Loading Wix HTML5 Editor and that's it. It's not letting me edit the site I have choose.

Thanks

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron July 16, 2014

Hi  mrkjbrown2012,

Thank you for contacting Wix.

We apologize for the inconvenience. While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Should the issue persist, make sure to test it on other updated browsers in order to compare the results.

Let us know how it went, which browsers and exact versions you've tested.

Ron, Wix Team
  • stinkxbomb8

Replied by stinkxbomb8 July 15, 2014

I keep on getting the loading wix html sign for hours and hours can you help? i tryied opening new ones 

• Nicole Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Nicole Wix Team July 15, 2014

Hi stinkxbomb8,

I checked your account and couldn't find a website.

When do you see the loader? When opening the editor? Please elaborate.

Did you try another browser?

Please also clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Thanks, Nicole,
  • terrywittek

Replied by terrywittek July 7, 2014

When I switch from editor to preview, my preview is not working properly. 2 days ago I was able to navigate the site, now I cant. In preview mode, nothing will highlight, there are no mouse overs, and I cant click the buttons. every button is linked to a different page.

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios July 8, 2014

Hi terrywittek,

Thank you for contacting the Wix support team!

I checked your editor in preview mode and did not experience any issues while navigating through your site.

Note that your site is not published yet, please see  How do I publish my Wix site?

Feel free to contact us should you require further assistance.

Many thanks, Barrios

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets