Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

To reorder your pages: From the left side of the Editor click the Pages icon > hover over the square next to the name of the page you'd like to move > drag the page up or down.

Note: Dragging the page to the right will create a sub-page.

For more information on reordering your pages, please click here.

Replies(28 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • gpolicicchio

Replied by gpolicicchio July 15, 2014

I have tried to move my subpages above it's main page and to the left as suggested, but nothing is happening. The subpage is not moving. 

Is there another solution? 

• rony Wix Team

Replied by rony July 15, 2014

Hi, 

Thanks for contacting Wix Support.

As you can see in the screenshot, I was able to move the subpages correctly.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Rony WixTeam
  • therapeuticconcept

Replied by therapeuticconcept July 3, 2014

NEVER MIND, I FOUND THE PAGE - I HAD TO SCROLL DOWN.  BUT I CANNOT MOVE THE PAGES INTO A DIFFERENT ORDER.  ALSO HOW TO REPLACE THE TOP MENU ITEMS WITH PAGES I WANT TO POST ON THE TOP HEADER?

• Yann Wix Team

Replied by Yann July 3, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

I understand you are having difficulties when you try to set your page in a specific order. 

Please, read the instructions on the top blue box in order to change the order of your pages.

If you want to enlarge your Menu in order to have more space for your Pages icon, you can customize it following the following steps. You can also select your Menu and drag your mouse on the right or left side in order to enlarge it. If you don't have enough space, you can change the Menu Police or create subpages.

For more information on how to customize your Menu, click here.

Have a nice day,

Pensez à vous abonner à notre chaîne Youtube pour visionner tous nos tutoriels : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy7ONifkKb8_cWLWgjub7Mg
  • therapeuticconcept

Replied by therapeuticconcept July 3, 2014

PAGE DOES NOT SHOW UP ON LEFT NAVIGATION

I HAVE ADDED SOME PAGES TO MY WIX SITE BUT THEY DO NOT SHOW UP IN THE EDITOR.  I ALSO CANNOT MOVE THE PAGES AROUND BY CLICKING AND DRAG.  I WANT TO RENAME THE PAGE,BUT IT DOES NOT APPEAR.  IT ONLY APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE UNDER MORE UNDER PREVIEW

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan July 3, 2014

You have a menu on the bottom of the site, if you wish to you can remove it. Regarding the menu on top, also remove it and add a new menu. The new menu adjusts and will have a button per page of your site.

• loced1

Replied by loced1 May 17, 2014

how do I change the order of pages to my site?

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony May 17, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us!

To reorder your pages: From the left side of the Editor click the Pages icon > bring your mouse over the square next to the name of the page you'd like to move > drag the page up or down.

Note: Dragging the page to the right will create a sub-page.

For more information on reordering your pages, please click here.

Hope this helps. For further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks, Rony Customer Solutions
  • be9732

Replied by be9732 April 20, 2014

Hello,

I have many pages on my site, like over 50, and reordering say a page from the bottom (for example a newly created page) back to the top so that it is with pages of similar category is near impossible.

Please advise if there is any other method than a drag and drop. This works well when there are only a few pages but near impossible if many pages.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso April 20, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, currently it is the only option to reorder pages.

If you do not have a drop down menu in your site, you can remove the menu and create a new menu using individual buttons.

This way you do not have to reorder pages but only reorder the buttons.

Add a button to your site from the Buttons & Menus section of the Add list and link it to an external site, a page from your site, a document or an email address.

To add a button:

1. From the left in the Editor, click the Add icon.
      2. From the Add list, click Buttons & Menus. Click one of the button options.
      3. From the Button Settings window, under Button Text, type a name for your button.
      4. Under Link to, click the field.
      5. From the Link Settings window that opens, click your Link type: Web Address, Page, Email or Document and add your link.
      6. From the Link Settings window, click Done.
      7. Click outside of the button to close the Button Settings window.

A button is added to your site.

Note: To return to Add , click Back to Add from the top of the window. To close Add, click X from the top right.

For more information about buttons click here.

Dina-Wix Team.
    • be9732

Replied by be9732 April 20, 2014

Thanks for such a quick response!

Can I add this to a wish list? Be nice to have the option to have like toggle buttons to move the pages rather than the drag and drop system.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso April 20, 2014

Hi,

We document and learn from every feature request and bug brought to our attention. These objectives are immediately high priority milestones in Wix's product road map.

All features on our development roadmap are built in order of priority. Priority is based on the popularity of our Wishlist item.

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

Dina-Wix Team.

• contact459

Replied by contact459 April 18, 2014

How do I move a sub page to being a main page in the menu?

• shayb7 Wix Team

Replied by shayb7 April 18, 2014

Hey,

To do so please go to your editor -> click on Pages from the toolbar on the left  -> drag the relevant subpage to the left and above its current main page. Have a look at the screenshots below:

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

• danielsbaker89

Replied by danielsbaker89 February 5, 2014

My pages button on the toolbar on the left hand side does not open for me to work on the pages/reordering process.  On top of that, I can edit all of my buttons for those pages except the "Blog" button.

• Katie Wix Team

Replied by Katie February 5, 2014

Hi danielsbaker89,

I checked your editor and was able to reorder pages without any problem:

If you still have an issue with Page button, please clear your browser's cache. 

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

You can find step by step instructions here.

Also, I tried to locate Blog button on your site, but was not able to.

Can you please let us know where your button is located?

Thanks,

Katie
  • goga06

Replied by goga06 January 25, 2014

I'm having trouble with my pages-links-language switch.

I have named my main pages in English.

Then, I tried to switch, but only HOME/ACASA pages are recognized.

How do I hide pages in english when, I switch to my 2-nd language

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti January 26, 2014

Hi,

Please take a look at this tutorial and let us know if you still need assistance:

Best, Ritti
  • getgoopy

Replied by getgoopy January 8, 2014

very often, your site doesn't work when it comes to letting me reorder my pages, and i KNOW HOW TO DO IT.  so it is a bug on your end.  i am not exaggerating when i say the 80% of the time it freezes and does not let me move anything.  please advise.  and don't give me your standard "i'm sorry you are having... click here to have phone call"... no one ever calls back so don't insult me.  thank you.  do i sound frustrated?  well, yea, i am!!!  one thing when this is free, another when i am a paying customer and it still sucks.  i did clear my cache.  

• Hudson Wix Team

Replied by Hudson January 8, 2014

Hi

I have just viewed your editor and was not able to recreate any issue which changing the order of the pages.

If you can please try to let me know what happens when you try to change the order that would be great.

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.

Please clear your browser's cache. You can find step by step instructions here.

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

• jstankov

Replied by jstankov November 11, 2013

Hello, I somehow rearranged my subpages and now they are under home page instead of under the bild galleri page. I can't put them back, the site look like a mess, please help.http://www.romericentrum.com

• Hudson Wix Team

Replied by Hudson November 12, 2013

Hey

I can see that you have a flash site

From the Page Manager on the right, you can drag and drop your Master Pages or Pages into place.

For more information on Pages, click here.
      For more information on Master Pages, click here.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets