Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
  • vintagejewellery

Main Category : The Wix Editor

Sub Category : Galleries

Ticket # : 405962685

Ticket Status : Closed - User did not react

Hi, I have just launched my e-commerce site two hours ago and have two orders! Trouble is the inventory hasn't changed and although there was only one item in stock for each item this hasn't changed to zero and is still showing as available to buy on my site. Is there something I am not doing correctly?

I have several similarly described items and without seeing something go out of stock I have no idea which one has been purchased! Help....Thank you, Carol. www.vintagejewelbox.co.uk

Replies(6 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • FODEMparis

Replied by FODEMparis June 17, 2014

This topic has been going on since 2012. Looks like WIX does not care. Weebly and Squarespace do it just fine.

• Itamar Wix Team

Replied by Itamar June 17, 2014

Are you having troubles with your Online Store?

If so, please note we would like to help you solve the problem.

Please specify what exactly is the problem, and in which page/product it occurs.

Also, please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Itamar, Wix team
  • Michal

Replied by Michal June 30, 2013

Hi Carol,

Thank you for clarifying. 

Is it possible for you to make another test-transaction and send us screenshots of the order status on PayPal and of the inventory after the transaction? With this documentation we will be able to investigate any issues on our end. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Michal - Wix Team
  • vintagejewellery

Replied by vintagejewellery June 30, 2013

Hello Dimtry,

Thank you for your reply.

I have contacted Paypal by phone and they have said that because the cart button etc are created by WIX and not Paypal it is something to do with the settings on the website.  All my account settings on Paypal are ok and sales should go through and alter the inventory. (With my previous site on MrSite items showed out of stock when purchased)

The first genuine order on my website of 29/06/13 , the buyer of the scarf is a confirmed address so the sale wasn't 'pending' and it shows as completed on Paypal.  My WIX site still doesn't show this as sold or altered my inventory on any scarf item or on the 'items out of stock' figure?

As I also said the other order was a bracelet and a necklace and neither of these items inventory changed, I had to manually make them out of stock so they weren't visible to buyers.

I still need help with this please as I can't advertise my new site until it is resolved.

Thank you for your time,
    Carol

• dimitry Wix Team

Replied by dimitry June 29, 2013

Please note, the inventory is updated once a transaction has been completed.

If this wasn't the case, usually the reason is that the order status in PayPal is "Pending".

PayPal mark orders as pending in a few scenarios - for example, the buyer's address is not verified. In these cases you will get an email.

The solution is to configure PayPal to automatically approve orders. Please contact PayPal for instructions in this case.

Thanks.

Dimitry - Wix Support
  • vintagejewellery

Replied by vintagejewellery June 29, 2013

Hi Dimitry,

I checked the manage inventory box on all my porducts and entered '1' as the amount I have in stock.  

My first order was for a 'Liberty of London vintage silk scarf £28.00' I have two similar scarves with the same price and description and both only have 1 in stock.  Neither show 0 stock and I don't have any items showing out of stock in my store where it says IMPORTANT these items may need you attention.

The second order was for a bracelet and a necklace both only had 1 in stock but after receiving the order neither went out of stock and still showed 1 in the inventory and when I viewed the store as a customer they were still displayed and available.

I have changed the inventory manually on the necklace and bracelet to 0 so they cant be purchased again accidentally but for the scarf I have had to email the customer to ask which one she has purchased as I have no idea with the inventory not changing!

All three items were in different collections in my store and on different pages.

My items are all vintage so often have similar descriptions and with the absence of SKU's I have always used inventory with my previous sites to confirm which item has been bought.  My business is established so I will get quite a few orders and I am very worried that it will create total choas if it keeps happening!

Thanks very much for your time, I hope you can help :-)

Carol.

• dimitry Wix Team

Replied by dimitry June 29, 2013

Please clarify, to which products exactly are you referring ? did you checked the " I want to manage inventory" box for that product, and inserted the number of products you currently have ?
    Is this happening with several products ?

Note that p roducts that are out of stock will not be displayed to your buyers when they visit your store.

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Thanks.

Dimitry - Wix Support

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets