Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

There are five options to add music to your Wix site:

1. Add an Audio Play Button to add an MP3 track to your site: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Media > click Audio Play Button. The maximum upload file size is 15MB. For more information click here.

2. Add a Single Audio Player and add, change or re-name a single MP3 track: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Media > click Single Audio Player. The maximum upload file size is 15MB. For more information click here.

3. Add a SoundCloud Audio player to your site to share your SoundCloud music with your visitors: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Media > click SoundCloud Audio.

For instructions about how to add SoundCloud Audio click here.
To add a SoundCloud Playlist click here.

4. Add an iTunes button to your site and give your visitors the option of downloading your chosen tracks directly from iTunes: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Media > click iTunes Button.

5. Add the Spotify Player and add an instant soundtrack to your site: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Media > click Spotify Player.

Replies(123 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • bhaktisquibb

Replied by bhaktisquibb 4 days ago

Can I add audio to my wix site. Not music. I want to put a teaching audio on the site.

I want to add audio to my site. Can i add my own teaching through wix?

• Dima Wix Team

Replied by Dima 3 days ago

Hi,

I merged your message to the general thread concerning this issue. Please take a look at the best reply above. 

Dima -Wix support team-
  • supremetorah

Replied by supremetorah July 21, 2014

how can I post a web page to my wix web page

thanks

• sheer Wix Team

Replied by sheer July 21, 2014

Hi supremetorah,

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please be a bit more specific regarding what it is you require help with?

We thank you and are awaiting your reply.

Thanks, Sheer - Wix team
  • terrellking39

Replied by terrellking39 June 27, 2014

hello, trying to add one single song that plays upon entering and throughout the site with out any players or buttons visible

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony June 27, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have the option to upload music to your site without any buttons. 

I warmly recommend you to read about our Top 5 Wix Apps for Music Websites. You might find one that fits your needs!

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

Thanks, Rony Customer Solutions
  • johnohlemusic

Replied by johnohlemusic June 26, 2014

Other music players than SoundCloud?

Hi,

Im just wondering, do Wix site templates support other music players other than SoundCloud?

How would I go about embedding a scrolling player on the site at the foot of the page so that it would be permanently there between all pages on the site? 

Thanks

-J

• Nati Wix Team

Replied by Nati June 26, 2014

Hi johnohlemusic,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

Please note that I have merged your post into the relevant thread, please refer to the Best Reply on the top of the page.

As per your second query,  to set an element to show on all pages: Click the element > click Show On All Pages from the pop-up menu.

For further information, please check out the video.

We are here should you require any further assistance.

Best Regards, Nati - Wix Support Team
  • 1miket1

Replied by 1miket1 June 25, 2014

audio file to big?

Hi, I have already made audio file. and I want them to be in form for a player on this site. I dont want to use some external link for audio files. This said.

I record audio using audacity, and my file are usually around 30-60 minutes long.

Now, the file size varies 30MB-500MB depends how I save the file.  

I want to know another way to add file here. Or many if you could recommend a software that could resize my audio file size without loosing the quality.  Thanks

• Nati Wix Team

Replied by Nati June 25, 2014

Hey 1miket1,

Please note that I have merged your post into the relevant thread.

As per your query, if you wish to use Wix's audio player, you can only upload MP3 files of up to 15MB. If your files are larger than that, you can split them using some audio editing software, or this site (for example).

However, you have a few other options in which you can use as an alternative to upload your audio files. Please refer to the best reply on the top of the page.

We are here should you require any further assistance. 

Best Regards, Nati - Wix Support Team
  • yechezkelgluck6

Replied by yechezkelgluck6 June 24, 2014

music player

Can I create a stream of music on an individual page that will only play on that page either by being clicked on or simply by entering that page? 

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron June 25, 2014

Hi,

Please refer to the reply located at the top of this thread and let us know should you require further assistance.

Ron, Wix Team
  • gplea1958

Replied by gplea1958 June 22, 2014

I've been previously informed that you don't support MIDI (*.MID) files; which is unbelievable, and shows a complete lack of awareness of the market of musical niches.  However, trying to adjust and move on, is there any way that I could upload mp3's as multitracks to a single song (Ex: an mp3 of just drums, just guitar, keyboards, horns, etc. for 1 song) to be sold as a song, but all tracks are sold with 1 order/1 song. Further, I need to upload potentially 100's of songs with as many as 8-10 tracks (mp3) per song.  Finally, when the customer orders a song title they need to be able to download all of those 8-10 tracks.  Get it?

• Noa Wix Team

Replied by Noa June 22, 2014

Hi,

I am not sure I fully understand what you are interested in doing, but please note that it is not possible to sell an mp3 file to customers through your Wix site.

downloading of files is also only possible by creating a link to another host or using a Dropbox folder (from the App market).

We have different online music apps such as Listube, Soundcloud etc.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Noa - Wix Team
  • affordablearms

Replied by affordablearms June 21, 2014

I had two sounds that played on my site at the same time but now only one plays and I can't get the other one to work.   I even deleted both and retried adding them but still only one sounds works.??

• Itamar Wix Team

Replied by Itamar June 21, 2014

Please note I was able to locate only one Audio Player in your site. Please specify where is the second one located.

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Itamar, Wix team
  • masalarecords

Replied by masalarecords June 4, 2014

i have a premium account with free webspace included over 2 gb 

i want to upload music to the webspace and make it available for download for my customers and fans

i cant find how to do it 

i only find the player function

i wrote about a max of 15 mb upload per song , but i own premium with alot of space 

what can do with the space if its only 15 mb per item for upload?

i dont want to use a dropbox and include the service direct on my website.

it seems like the premium isnt flexible for musicians and labels who want to up load and make downloads available . or do i overlook something  ???

thanks 

regards 

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav June 4, 2014

Hello,

You can find a variety of audio players In our app market, each with different features and appearance.

You can add an audio player to your site by doing the following:

1. Go into your editor

2. Go to “app market” in the left toolbar

3. Write "music" or ajy other audio related word you can think of the search box

4. Press enter.

See screenshot below.

music.png

From the list it gives you, choose the audio player that suits your needs best and click “add to site”.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
    • Nicole Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Nicole Wix Team June 5, 2014

Please also note that we are working on a solution to upload large music files which will be possible to download for free.

Thanks, Nicole,
  • maryfilangi

Replied by maryfilangi June 1, 2014

The maximum upload file size is 15MB. How do I get more file size? what can I do?

thanks Mary

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel June 1, 2014

Hello,

Unfortunately it is not possible to upload heavier music files.

You can upload the files to Dropbox/Drive and add the links to your site.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets