Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

To add elements to the header, drag and drop the element onto the header. The Show on all pages box will be checked automatically.

To add elements to the footer, click and drag the element to the bottom of the page, click the blue Move to Footer button that appears. The element will appear in the footer of all pages.

Check out our interactive site about header, page and footer (simply click on the image below):

Replies(97 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • drewlesser

Replied by drewlesser 2 days ago

• drewlesser

Replied by drewlesser 2 days ago

WIX has made some HORRIFIC change so I can no longer easily or effectively edit my website

When I ADD anything to my site it automatically makes it on EVERY PAGE and then makes it disappear and I can't find it without deleting elements in front of it.

And now I get a block tha has says ATTACH TO HEADER and I can't edit anything inside it... NO BUTTONS WORK AND I have to close the  program down every time this happens to make it work again

THIS is very frustrating and I am beginning to hate using this program

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav 2 days ago

Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

The reason for that is because your site is built almost entirely in the header.

In order to resolve this issue you need to adjust your site to fit between the gridlines.

Another reason why the gridline boundaries are so important is by creating your site in them it assures your site would look fully throughout the different browsers and devices.

The header and the footer should contain items you want seen throughout all pages while the page area contains the items for a specific page.

Here are some topics that may be useful for you:

What are gridlines?

What is a header?

What is a footer?

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • lamecgod

Replied by lamecgod 3 days ago

whenever I add an image on the page of my site, it seems to be attached to the header and doesn't display itself. How do I fix this? Please and thank you.

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav 3 days ago

Hi,

I'm afraid I did not understand the difficulty you are describing.

Please be sure to provide as detailed a description as possible.

*Please make sure to include a screen shot, if possible.

Once we receive this information, we will be able to assist you. Thank you for your cooperation and we await your reply.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • sstubbs67

Replied by sstubbs67 July 15, 2014

How do I add content to my footer on my website
    • Ben Wix Team

Replied by Ben July 16, 2014

Please note that I have merged your post to the main thread concerning this subject. Please see the best reply above, and let us know if you require any further assistance.

• canefire

Replied by canefire July 8, 2014

can not remove an image from the header (picture)

• Marlene Wix Team

Replied by Marlene July 8, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. 
      There was a glitch in the Editor and we fixed it. Now you can delete the image if you wish to.

For further information don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best, 

Marlene Wix Team
  • codycrabill

Replied by codycrabill June 30, 2014

I'm trying to have a different image on my home page header than the rest of my pages.  Either the image covers the header on the home page, or it's on every page.  What do i do?  the images below are what I'd like to have but can't figure out

• WixKing Wix Team

Replied by WixKing June 30, 2014

Hello,

what you can do is spread the image size of the header on Home page to cover the whole header. Then uncheck the "show on all pages" for the text "Chesapeake Safety Boats" and the navigation menu under settings. Then, you have to manually copy and paste the text and menu from Home to the header of other pages. Please follow the image instructions below for reference.

The final version will like the below screenshots.

Please ask additional questions if you have further inquiries.

Thank you!

• angelaprette

Replied by angelaprette June 9, 2014

Hi,

I must have moved a text box to either my header or my footer because it's showing up on every page. But I can't find the blue box to select it?

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan June 10, 2014

We have visited your site, everything seems to be in place, correct components reside within the header and footer. We assume you have fixed this yourself, if not please reply and elaborate.

• angelaprette

Replied by angelaprette June 10, 2014

The original text box was on my "Fabricating" page. I can see the paragraph (title of "Oilfield") faintly on this page. When visiting any other page in preview mode and I scroll down to the very bottom of the page this paragraph is there.

• ilan-t Wix Team

Replied by ilan-t June 10, 2014

Hello,

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Best regards

• angelaprette

Replied by angelaprette June 10, 2014

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan June 11, 2014

We can see the issue, we are referring this to our technical department and will reply to you as soon as possible.

• Avi Wix Team

Replied by Avi June 11, 2014

We've fixed this issue for you 

• Tashfight

Replied by Tashfight June 2, 2014

Why can't I add my logo to my header?  Every thing I try to add freezes and messes up my page? This is annoying helP!!!!

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y June 2, 2014

Currently the text box containing your logo is already located in the title. You can add an image or a text box to your header anytime by going to Add > Image or Add > text > paragraph.

Please note that your text box is covering a part of your menu buttons. Resizing it will enable users to click these buttons.

Please make sure you save and publish the changes.

All the best, Or
  • stevenpearlman3

Replied by stevenpearlman3 June 1, 2014

Can't add elements to footer

Everything I try to add just pushes it down.

The directions on your website seem incorrect in that there is no "show on all pages" button for the footer.  There IS a "fixed position" button but clicking or unblocking it has no effect on the issue.

• Mascha Wix Team

Replied by Mascha June 1, 2014

Hi stevenpearlman3,

Please note that not your footer itself but the element you want to move to your footer should be set to Show on all pages.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Mascha, Support-Team Wix
  • kcassin

Replied by kcassin May 27, 2014

Hi there,

I cant seem to add a link to the text in the header or footer??? Is this option not available?

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti May 28, 2014

Hi,

To add a link to a word/text ,please follow these steps :

1. Select the word in the paragraph and choose the "Link" icon from the property panel that opens.
      2. Choose "Web Address".
      3. Insert a web address, choose if you would like it to open in a new window or in the same window and click on the OK button .

Best, Ritti

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets