Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

Currently, it is not possible to add watermarks to images through Wix. You can vote for this feature in this FAQ

Note: You can use any photo editing program, such as Photoshop, to add the watermark to your images before uploading them to your Wix site.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

Replies(27 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • danielkessler44

Replied by danielkessler44 Yesterday

please add a watermark or ability to prevent downloading of images from the websites.  I sacrifice image quality to make sure that the pictures on the site are not worth downloading.  

• dowodesir

Replied by dowodesir 5 days ago

One of the beggars: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the watermark feature. You would be perfect site if you did this. Not all of us have photocopy and the other inexpensive water mark programs are way too restrictive. Thank you.

• ariadned

Replied by ariadned 5 days ago

Thanks for your feedback and vote, dowodesir!

We'll make sure to update this thread as soon as we have any news regarding the developments.

Best,

Ariadne - Wix Team
  • o55392

Replied by o55392 August 14, 2014

Yes please add a watermark application for images to protect all your customers from having their pictures stolen.

• geniephoto

Replied by geniephoto August 5, 2014

i think this is a good idea and would be fantastic.

please add some sort of watermarking feature when you can

and thanks...gene

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y August 5, 2014

Hey Gene,

Please review this Wix blog article for more information about Image Watermarking.

All the best, Or
  • photopaint

Replied by photopaint August 3, 2014

PLEASE....PLEASE.....PLEASE GIVE US WATER MARKS.

• photopaint

Replied by photopaint August 3, 2014

yes - please add watermarks

• shaunjones914

Replied by shaunjones914 August 3, 2014

I'm not sure how to vote for this feature but this is one major thing I'd like for my website! I'd definitely switch over and pay for the premium service as soon as this is available! Something to where a watermark is applied to all photos and is automatically added anytime we upload a new photo. But it's only an overlay watermark and never actually on the image.

• movega5

Replied by movega5 July 1, 2014

Watermark my photos

I wish you would add a watermarking tool to the photo editor so I could watermark my photos in your site rather than using an outside program and adding an extra step for me. 

• ariadned

Replied by ariadned July 1, 2014

Hi movega5,

Please note that I've merged your feature request to the relevant thread.

Thanks for your vote.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

Kind regards,

Ariadne - Wix Team
  • ojobabafemi4

Replied by ojobabafemi4 May 16, 2014

how do i watermark my pictures before uploading them?

securities such as hiding source codes and disabling right click are hot topics here. we need urgent solution ASAP.

• Elia Wix Team

Replied by Elia May 17, 2014

Please check out the best reply for this topic: it is currently not possible to add watermarks to images through Wix. You will need to use a different program, such as Photoshop, to edit the pictures before you upload them.

Elia - Wix Support
  • Marina Wix Team

Replied by Marina May 16, 2014

The right-click mouse button for galleries is blocked, however visitors can right-click standalone images. The best form of protection against the downloading or printing of images from your site would be for you to watermark your images before uploading them.

Unfortunately it's not possible to hide your site's source code. Thank you for adding this feature request to our Wishlist.

However, please note that you can protect your site's pages by using the 'Protect Page' feature. This feature allows you to either password protect pages or set pages as 'member ares' i.e to require member login. To learn more about using this feature please click here.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets