Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

To upload your own videos to your Wix site, you will first need to upload them to YouTube or Vimeo and retrieve the video's URL.

To add a video to your site: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Media > click Video > click the video box to open the pop-up window > click Settings > under Video URL, enter the URL > click Update.

Note: If you post a video from YouTube, make sure that your video is set to Public and that the Allow Embedding box is checked (in Advanced Settings) in your YouTube video's settings.

Note: Make sure not to use the video's full screen link as it will not work in Wix's video player.

We also have a number of video apps in the Wix App Market. Check out the following apps: ViewBix, TubePress and iPlayerHD. Click here for more information about adding apps to your site.

For more information about videos click here or watch the video below:

Replies(137 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • ehowie

Replied by ehowie August 13, 2014

I have linked a video from Youtube to my site however I am unable to play it in full screen from my site. I have adjusted the footer, based on a previous question/answer given to another user, but this has not solved the issue. Any thoughts?

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti August 13, 2014

Hi,

These controls are not displayed. It is possible to embed a youtube video via the html app and customize the control options.

I have added a page with all the youtube parameters.

Best, Ritti
  • nikaleifer

Replied by nikaleifer August 10, 2014

1st go to add then go to media after that go to video and a video about wix will pop up. If you don't want that video... click the video then click settings then click the box under Video URL and then write the URL then click Upload then the video will change. GOOD LUCK!!!

• Gat Wix Team

Replied by Gat August 10, 2014

Hi nikaleifer,

I'm afraid I did not fully understand the issue you are referring to.

May we ask for your time in sending us specific details as to the nature of the difficulties you are experiencing?

Kind regards, 
      Gat Wix Team.
  • julieklein2012

Replied by julieklein2012 August 10, 2014

I am having trouble figuring out how to add two different formats of the same video to the site.  The two formats I would like to have are.mp4 and .ogv  I understand the instructions above about how to add a video.  There is no instruction on how to add multiple formats??? 

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony August 10, 2014

Hi, 

Thanks for contacting Wix Support.

Please note that, currently, the only way that you can add a video, is the one expressed in the best reply above.

All best, 

Rony WixTeam
    • julieklein2012

Replied by julieklein2012 August 12, 2014

That is not good.  What format do you recommend.  My understanding is that MP4 wont work with Firefox or IE8.    Thanks,

J

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios August 12, 2014

Hi,

The option in the best reply would be recommended. 

Wix is compatible with Internet Explorer (version 9 and above), Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

With the new HTML Editor we give you option to use the advanced HTML5 technology which entails new capabilities and solutions for your site as well as comprehensive support for mobile devices. However, HTML5 is still a relatively new technology and it not yet fully supported by all browsers. These browsers will catch up with this technology, but to make sure things run smoothly, please make sure to update all your browsers to the most recent versions. You can easily check how well does your current browser support HTML5  here.

To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here.
      To download the latest Firefox browser please click here.
      To download the latest Safari browser for Mac please click here.
      To download the latest Internet Explorer browser please click here.

You can also check out this site to see a detailed look at which browsers are better optimized for HTML5. 

Note: Microsoft does not support IE9 on Windows XP. If you're using Windows XP, we suggest you use another browser. We hope Microsoft will provide a solution for supporting HTML5 in the Windows XP Operating System soon.

You can see Microsoft's answer from their support here as well as a more in-depth explanation from their support forums here.

Note: If your visitors use IE8 they will see a banner recommending that they upgrade their browser to see the site correctly.

We are here should you have any further questions.

Many thanks, Barrios
    • julieklein2012

Replied by julieklein2012 August 14, 2014

For those of you reading this thread, the best video format to use currently is h.264.  Beware it is not supported by Firefox version 31, but seems to be supported by most other browsers, including Safari 8, Chrome 38, Internet Explorer 11 & 10.  If you are sick of all this discussion on video codec, I spent 10 years in VFX, and can help you with your site. 

J

• swatiguild

Replied by swatiguild August 6, 2014

Hi, I continue to get the error message which reads "Video URL is not correct" when I paste in my vimeo video url. I know that the url is correct because when I paste it into a browser it takes me to the video. I have selected "anyone can view" and "embed anywhere" within vimeo preferences. So I am confused as to why this keeps happening.

thanks

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or August 6, 2014

Hi there,

I can see that you have several sites. On which of them does the issue occur? Also, please provide us with the video's URL so that we may try adding it on our end.

Thank you.

Kind regards, Or - Wix Support Team.
  • epicdomain

Replied by epicdomain July 29, 2014

hi,

thank you very much 'wix team' for solving all my problems that i had regarding my site.

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav July 29, 2014

We are very glad to hear everything is now resolved.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • nikaleifer

Replied by nikaleifer July 25, 2014

to add a video, go to add and click media, then click video and a video will appear.

• epicdomain

Replied by epicdomain July 25, 2014

hi,

i am chiraag and i am facing a problem in uploading videos from my computer that r on my computer in '.mp3' format.pls can u tell me how to upload these videos to my website.

from chiraag

• Itamar S Wix Team

Replied by Itamar S July 25, 2014

Hi,

As mentioned above, in order for your video to be uploaded to your website, it should first be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo.

Please refer to the best reply above for more information on how to upload a video to your website.

We are here should you require any further assistance.

Sincerely, Itamar - Wix Support
  • harshuna2

Replied by harshuna2 July 22, 2014

Hi

I have an image gallery but I want to be able to add youtube videos in the same way and size as the images. I can't seem to add the vidoes, The only thing I can do so far is to add a video but separately and I can not size it to be the same as the image thumbnails because it stops at the minimum thumbnail size. 

Please help,

thanks

http://www.harshunan.com/

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or July 22, 2014

If I understand correctly, you're trying to add videos to an image gallery. If that's the case, please know that it's not possible at the moment, unfortunately.

We document and learn from every feature request and bug brought to our attention. These objectives are immediately high priority milestones in Wix's product road map.

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

As for the alignment issue - please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Kind regards, Or - Wix Support Team.
  • SantiagodeLeaniz

Replied by SantiagodeLeaniz July 8, 2014

Suggestion about hosting video

Hello there, I missing the feature of hosting my videos directly on my wix site. The fact of having to upload them first on youtube or vimeo does force one to have another pro account website (thus extra cost) to host them and then link them or embed them in wix...  I'm checking other sites and there are some out there that allow you to directly up load and host your own videos without having to pass through youtube or vimeo.

¿Any chance for this feature coming up soon for pay wix clients?

Thanks

Santiago

• Nicole Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Nicole Wix Team July 9, 2014

Hi Santiago,

I have merged your post into this thread.

You can see in the best reply above that we also have some apps you can use :)

Please let us know if you have any specific app you know of and would like to use.

Thanks, Nicole,
  • meb0713

Replied by meb0713 July 7, 2014

jpeg files

How do I upload video files?  It appears I can only upload files from an internet address.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets