Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

To add a gallery to your site: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Gallery > choose a gallery type from the list.

To add images to your gallery: Click the gallery that you added to your site > click Organize Images > click Add Images.

Note: Some of our galleries have an Autoplay option. To find out if the gallery you have chosen has this option, please click the gallery to select it > click Settings > look for the Autoplay checkbox.

Note: You can also find third-party gallery apps in the Wix App Market. Check out the Flickr Gallery, Galerie Social Gallery or Revolution Slider apps.
For general information about how to add apps as the Galerie Social Gallery or the Revolution Slider, click here

To learn more about galleries, click here or watch the video below:

Replies(75 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • fotokaja

Replied by fotokaja 2 days ago

hi, I'm also having problems adding more than one slideshow to the same page. I can add as many pictures, videos and text as I want, but I'm unable to add a second slideshow. I know how to add, follow the steps, but nothing happens. greetings Katrin

• fotokaja

By the way , I have the same problem on all of my pages. And browsing your site it seems that I'm not the only one

• fotokaja

I think I solved it myself. I just started to do it all over again on a prefixed page called portfolio, where you have added already 3 sample videos.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso 2 days ago

Hi,

I am glad to hear you have managed to resolve the issue, cheers!

Please don't hesitate to contact us again, if you will need additional assistance.

Dina-Wix Team.

• demon76

Replied by demon76 4 days ago

When i click on the picture in gallery mode, it expands which is what i want, but when i close them, and click go back the picture come back up in expand mode and need to keep closing them one by one or click back like a bunch of times. HELP?

• rotemc Wix Team

Replied by rotemc 3 days ago

Hi demon76,

Thank you for contacting the Wix Support Team.

I have visited your site's editor and couldn't recreate the issue. Can you please tell us on which page do you encounter this issue?

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Thank you for your cooperation, we await your reply.

Rotem, Wix Support Team
  • sndudley

Replied by sndudley August 15, 2014

The editor is not allowing me to add another gallery. I have added several so I am familiar with the process, but it is not allowing me to add new ones. Is there an issue going on or is there a limit to the number of galleries that you can have on one account. 

Thank you for your assistance.

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav August 15, 2014

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties.

You are allowed to add as many galleries as you wish to your site.

Please elaborate on the issue you are encountering.

What are the steps to re-create this issue? What page does it happen on? Is there an error message?

Please be sure to provide as detailed a description as possible.

*Please make sure to include a screen shot, if possible.

Once we receive this information, we will be able to assist you. Thank you for your cooperation and we await your reply.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • denissenco

Replied by denissenco August 14, 2014

Hi, I know how to improve photo in your gallery. It's seems boring to see usual photo in gallery. But if you add some effect or frame for your photos your gallery will be funny. Usualy I use loonapix.com for editing my pics. My friends are very happy when they look through my pics in gallery.

• Alissa Wix Team

Replied by Alissa August 14, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

I'm afraid I'm not quite understanding what you are saying. Could you please specify what you would like to do?

Thank you. Awaiting your reply. 

Alissa - Wix Support
  • smurfette4242

Replied by smurfette4242 August 8, 2014

it wont allow me to add a gallery even when i click on one from the selection, what do i do?

• Gat Wix Team

Replied by Gat August 8, 2014

Hi smurfette4242,

Thank you for contacting Wix support!

Are you experiencing this issue with one of your sites or all of them? Please specify which one.

Please go through the steps provided here to make sure that your issue is not a local one. If the steps in the link didn't resolve your issues, please answer the questions in the same link.

Thanks,
      Gat Wix Team.
  • neurosurgery2007

Replied by neurosurgery2007 July 18, 2014

Is it possible to sort the templates by their features? I am trying to find all templates that contain Slider/ Slide Show of images?

Is it possible to sort the templates by their features? I am trying to find all templates that contain Slider/ Slide Show of images? Anyone knows how to locate them?? thanks

• Sheila Wix Team

Replied by Sheila July 18, 2014

Hi neurosurgery2007,

It is not possible to filter the Wix templates by feature. You can use any template and add a gallery. Please see the best reply of this thread to learn how.

Best, 

Sheila - Wix Support
  • emilymjryan

Replied by emilymjryan July 16, 2014

Hi 

I was hoping to us and embedding code from Flipsnack on my webpage as it formats Microsoft Word documents into easy readable flip charts. Are there any wix alternatives which I could use?

Emily

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso July 16, 2014

Hi Emily,

May I ask what exactly you wish to display?

We will appreciate if you could elaborate on the matter, so we can better understand you goal.

You can embed external applications by using the HTML app.

With the HTML App you can add your own HTML code or embed another site onto your Wix site.

To add the HTML App: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Apps > click HTML.

Click the HTML App to select it > from the pop-up menu, click Settings > under Mode, choose HTML Code or Website address > enter the code/address > click Update.

Note: Take a minute to read through the Known Issues & Limitations of the HTML iFrame/Embed App before using it.

For more information, click here or check out the tutorial below:

Dina-Wix Team.

• mshipphhrec

Replied by mshipphhrec July 8, 2014

Can I change the size of an image in the Impress gallery?

I want to make the image bigger while keeping the banner the same size

• Tal Wix Team

Replied by Tal July 9, 2014

Hi mshipphhrec,

Thank you for contacting Wix support team.

Currently it is not possible to change the image size without changing the entire gallery size.

Please notice you can also find third-party gallery apps in the Wix App Market. Check out the Flickr Gallery, Galerie Social Gallery or Revolution Slider apps.
      For general information about how to add apps as the Galerie Social Gallery or the Revolution Slider, click here

Please inform us whether you need any further assistance,

Tal, Wix Team
  • saram31 Premium VIP

Replied by saram31 June 23, 2014

Is there a way to create a portfolio using a product gallery? The online store product gallery would be perfect if there was a way to remove the add to cart and pricing sections. The alternative I looked for was creating a list and single-pages within, but that does not allow me to incorporate a slideshow of images for each item in the list.

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti June 23, 2014

Hi,

You can add a portfolio page to your site:

pages->add page-> portfolio

Let us know if you need more help.

• saram31 Premium VIP

I would like the ability to create an image grid portfolio page (like the animated grid gallery) where the clicked image sends through to single pages that feature a slideshow of images for the project.

There seems to not be this capability unless you create single pages for each project. This is very time consuming.

ALTERNATIVE :

Is there a way to include an individual slideshow for each item in a list's single-page?

or -

Is there a way to remove add cart and shopping features from the online store product page so it can be used as a generic product page?

Thank you so much.

• Daniel Wix Team

Replied by Daniel June 23, 2014

Hi,

I'm afraid that all of these are not possible but you can turn the add to cart button to white so it will not be visible. To do this, click on your product gallery > Style product page > Click on the add to cart button and change its text and background colors to white.

Daniel - Wix support team
    • saram31 Premium VIP

thank you

• gholmes0

Replied by gholmes0 June 21, 2014

I am am new to Wix and edited my gallery by switching out some pictures and adding new ones. Now none of the pictures appear in the slideshow. Please can you advise if I am missing a step somewhere.

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti June 21, 2014

Hi,

I was able to see all the images on your gallery:

While browsing on the web, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict. Please clear your browser's cache and cookies of "Everything". You can find step-by-step instructions here.

Try using other browsers to open Wix. Recommended browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer (version 9 and above), ans Safari. 

If you are still having issues, please provide us the following information:

1. What Operating System are you using (i.e. Mac OSX, Windows XP, etc.)
      2. What browsers have you tried - and include the version of the browser (can generally be found by going to Help > About within the browser).
      3. Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

Thank you for your cooperation. 

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets