Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

You can add a Title and Alt Text to the images on your Wix site.

To add a Title and Alt Text to images: click the image to select it > from the pop-up menu, click Settings > under Title, add the title > under Alt Text, add the alt text.

You can also add a title and description to the images in your Gallery.

To add a Title and Description to gallery images: Click the gallery to select it > from the pop-up menu, click Organize Images > choose the relevant image > under Title, add the title > under Description, add the description.

For more information about galleries, please click here .

Replies(43 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • kellehermonique Premium VIP

Replied by kellehermonique 2 days ago

When Adding "ALT TEXT" to an image should the key words and phrases be separated by commas only or by comma {space}, next word or phrase?

• Alina Wix Team

Replied by Alina 2 days ago

Hey, 

Thank you for contacting Wix support! 

Please note that simply listing your keywords in your Alt Text fields can be considered keyword stuffing, or spamming, and result in your site being penalized by search engines. Please make sure to incorporate your keywords organically in your title/description instead of just listing them (by adding a full sentence/description). 

Please let us know should you require any further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Alina, Wix Support Team
  • alicemomma

Replied by alicemomma July 2, 2014

Just a note to all if this helps anyone struggling with galleries. I don't believe this should really be a problem and that Wix could choose to give more - in the end to remedy this, I created images in photoshop (or wherever), and added text on top of the image I had, uploading those to the gallery and either leaving text blank and hiding icons etc, or maybe just leaving the title in the gallery's own text field.... then my users can still scroll through and get the info they need. visually of course i have to compensate in some other way... but it's the best solution i can think of

Hope that helps someone

• Leah Wix Team

Replied by Leah July 2, 2014

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please note that text added to an image will not be read by search engines, which is why we allow the option to add text.

You can choose different gallery skins to customize how the text appears alongside the image.

I  hope this helps! Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Sincerely, Leah Wix Support
    • alicemomma

Replied by alicemomma July 3, 2014

Thanks for the reply.

Luckily for me search engines aren't a big part of my marketing strategy ! If it was, I would simply embed the text elsewhere more discreetly somehow.

If people are trying to create an informative, seemingly interactive presentation for visitors, using the galleries, I would just bite the bullet and switch it up. Now I have, the Impress Gallery for me looks impressive as it should. Or look for alternatives in the app market etc... I just didn't see anything that was going to give me what I wanted.

Thanks for the heads up on the SEO implications, however x

• Leah Wix Team

Replied by Leah July 3, 2014

Hello,

We're here to help! If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely, Leah Wix Support
  • ardyn37

Replied by ardyn37 June 24, 2014

Hi. I am trying to add the same image to multiple pages on my site and would like to descriptions/titles to follow the images instead of having to type each one over and over again when I change/add the image. Can you help me to access my images database to that I can do this?

Thanks.

• Gat Wix Team

Replied by Gat June 25, 2014

Hi,

If you wish to add the exact same picture to different pages then simply copy&paste it.

Select the image > press CTRL +C in your keyboard > Go to the other page > press CTRL + V.

This will also paste the description and title. 

If you require further assistance, feel free to contact us again. 
      Gat Wix Team.
    • ardyn37

Replied by ardyn37 June 25, 2014

Ok. But how does that work for galleries? Every time I remove a picture the description is deleted. Is there anyway to attach a description to the image in the image database?

Thanks.

• Shai Wix Team

Replied by Shai June 25, 2014

Hello,

Image descriptions are per image element. If you remove an image, the information that you've attached to it will also be gone.

Shai - Wix Support
  • wingedpanther4

Replied by wingedpanther4 May 30, 2014

Is there a way to space the images in the gallery so I can add a text box underneath one of the images without it overlapping the image?

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso May 30, 2014

Hi,

You can change the margins between the images.

Please click on the gallery -> from the drop down menu click on settings -> change the margins.

Dina-Wix Team.

• wingedpanther4

Replied by wingedpanther4 June 6, 2014

OK, that's great! But the max is only 250. I need it spaced more so I can fit something like a short story under the picture. How do I do that?

• Stav Wix Team

Replied by Stav June 6, 2014

Hi,

You can add a regular text box.

In order to do so, click add --> text --> paragraph.

For more information:

How do I add a text box to my Wix site?

How do I add text to an image in a gallery?

Should you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks, Customer Solutions
  • pjransom

Replied by pjransom May 30, 2014

Yesterday (29 May 2914) I lost the ability to add or edit image descriptions.

I also notice that even though I select "Display Description only" in Gallery Settings the image file name appears when the expanded image is displayed.

What's going on?

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or May 30, 2014

Hi,

In what way exactly are you unable to add or edit image descriptions?

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Kind regards, Or - Wix Support Team.
    • pjransom

Replied by pjransom June 2, 2014

The problem has now gone away, after I rebooted a couple of times.  if it comes back I'll let you know. 

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios June 2, 2014

Thank you for following, we are here should the problem persist.

Enjoy your Wix :)

Many thanks, Barrios
  • Techvedic

Replied by Techvedic May 27, 2014

Hi,

Very well describe by wix knowledge team. Wix is really a Good Website Design CMS, Use it once. their technical support is also Good.

Thanks

_______http://www.techvedic.com_______
    • dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso May 27, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Dina-Wix Team.

• deignanj

Replied by deignanj May 9, 2014

how to mouseover from image to text

I would like to post a picture on my page, then apply text so that when the mouse is placed over teh image, the text appears on the image.  Is it possible? 

• Sheila Wix Team

Replied by Sheila May 9, 2014

Hi deignanj,

You can add a title  in the Image Settings. Please see the best reply of this thread for more information.

Thanks,

Sheila - Wix Support
  • glasshouseau

Replied by glasshouseau April 26, 2014

Is there a way of adding text to a specific image within the gallery, I'd like to have the text on the picture itself and scroll with the picture. 

• Gat Wix Team

Replied by Gat April 26, 2014

Hello,

Please see the best reply above to add a description to your image.

I'm afraid that this is currently the only option to add text to your images.

If you require further assistance feel free to contact us again. 

Gat Wix Team.
  • chemfarorganics

Replied by chemfarorganics April 23, 2014

Hi,  how can I change the fonts size of images in Strip Slideshow Gallery?

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso April 23, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the font size.

You can change only the font type.

Dona-Wix Team.

• benrbcc

Replied by benrbcc March 28, 2014

When adding a description to my Impress Gallery, I can only see about the first 3 words or so.  I need to list about 10 people next the my image.  Please help.

• gills2

Replied by gills2 March 29, 2014

Hey  benrbcc,

Unfortunately this is simply the way the Impress gallery it built. You can use any of the other galleries to show the description. 

You can find more information here.

You can also try third-party galleries such as the Flickr Gallery App, Galerie Social Gallery or Revolution Slider from the Wix App Market.
      For general information about how to add apps as the Galerie Social Gallery or the Revolution Slider, click here

Thanks,

Gill, Wix Team

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets