Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

Currently it is possible to upload the following files types in the Wix Editor:

Music: .mp3, via Add > Media > Audio Play Button
Video: via Youtube or Vimeo -  Add > Video
Documents: doc & .docx, .xls & .xlsx, .ppt & .pptx, .odt, .odp and .pdf via Add > Media > Document

Note: File size limits are as follows:
Documents: 15MB/files
Music: 15MB/.mp3

Replies(120 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • herbalive172

Replied by herbalive172 August 13, 2014

I cannot get it to do what I want with the pictures no matter how hard I try. The pictures I have a gigantic and I want them smaller and off to the side of the text if possible. These pictures are so HUGE they stretch across the full page. I do not want them as large as like a cover photo on facebook but more like a profile photo off to the side of the text.

I want the pictures to compliment the text not over rule the text. The text is not meant to merely be a caption but a description with the picture as a nice addition. Right now the picture has taken over everything. They are really a monstrosity!

I click on the photo and only a menu comes up with an option to crop the photo but only vertically and not horizontally and nothing to resize the photo to make it smaller. I do not wish to crop the photo, I want to resize it!

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso August 13, 2014

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you are referring to the Restaurant menu?

If your images are cut off this means your images are too big for the image frame via the Restaurant menu.

You will need to resize thses images ( by making the images smaller ) and upload these images again to Wix editor.

You can use this external program to resize images.

You can also change the image height:

In order to edit the menu, please click on the restaurant menu > from the drop down menu click on Settings > scroll to the bottom of he settings window > change the section image height.

For example:

On the sane Settings window, you can change the menu to a different layout.

Dina-Wix Team.

• herbalive172

Actually you are correct, that is how to change the height of the images, but I do not wish to change the height at all. I wish to resize the images altogether! And I tried changing the the layout of the menu and all it did was totally remove the images completely and wreck the font of my first heading to something horribly unreadable no matter the layout I chose except the one I am using! You see the six choices above? I want a choice where the images are all to right of the text, so making them smaller will do this?

So if I go back and resize the images in an editor, you are saying they will then appear smaller in the menu, correct? I just have to replace them. Why with somany different images that I have chosen are they all the same size in the restaurant menu even when I uploaded different sizes?

• herbalive172

I chose high quality pics because I wanted to make sure they looked good once they were shrunk down to size. I do it all the time in publishing. You are saying to re-size and re-save and re-upload and they will appear in good quality on the left of the text then as the layout shows in the model?

• herbalive172

So I did exactly as you requested. I have resized the photo under cafe menu in the main course heading to 10% of the size as the original. Can you see it? It has the same exact size as all the other images and as the one that was there before but the quality is very much less. So now what do I do? Why Can't I have the text on the right and a small photo on the left but good quality yet small in size????????? Why does the layout button not work?

• herbalive172

I think I got it! I switched the photos off. I shrunk the text box and squeezed it to the right then I manually re-added all the images I wanted. It's not perfect but good enough until I can afford something better! Thank you!

• herbalive172

I may go back and reduce the quality of the photos otherwise it may take too long to load on mobile site.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso August 13, 2014

Hi,

First I am glad to hear you have managed to resolve the issue, cheers!

Regarding the loading time, you are correct.

If you upload images in a high resolution it will take more time to load these images.

Check out our Improving Image Quality tutorial to learn more.

Dina-Wix Team.

• stephanietrull

Replied by stephanietrull August 3, 2014

I am building my site Carolinas Miata Club and am having a horrible time putting a pdf unto our events page...I have tried google docs, pdf and every other kind of file...what is the problem?  It is the most important part of the website and I dont want to look to go daddy.

Help

• Dean Wix Team

Replied by Dean August 3, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out,

I am sorry to hear you are encountering issues,

Can you please elaborate on the problem? what happens when you try to add the PDF? 

How are you trying to add it and how are you expecting it to display?

You can upload doc & .docx, .xls & .xlsx, .ppt & .pptx, .odt, .odp and .pdf documents to your site. Visitors will be able to download the document by clicking it.

To upload a document: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Media > click Document.

Click the document icon to open the pop-up window > click Choose Document > click Upload Document or choose an previously uploaded document > click Choose Document.

Note: The maximum upload file size is 15MB.

To learn more about uploading documents, please click here.

Thank you for the patience and cooperation.

All the best, Dean - Wix Team
    • stephanietrull

Replied by stephanietrull August 6, 2014

Dean-I am attempting to upload an excel sheet which WAY under your space limit, every time it says error.  I cannot upload excel pdf or word, it has been the MAJOR issue building our site.  If you would send me an email so that I could screenshot it, you might be able to help me...I have done so much work to this site and now I am being forced to call Go Daddy to rebuild it I guess...

Stephanietrull@aol.com

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso August 6, 2014

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

Please try updating your Firefox browser.

To download the latest Firefox browser please click here.

If the issue persist, please try switching to a different browser, for example Google chrome.

To download the latest Google Chrome browser please click here.

In case non of this work, please send us a screen shot of the error message you are receiving while trying to load the files.

To learn how to take a screen shot on Windows, Mac and mobile devices, check out our Troubleshooting Tutorial.

To upload a screen shot:

Dina-Wix Team.

• herbalive172

Replied by herbalive172 August 1, 2014

How do I resize the photos in my menu? I tried various layouts in the change styles sections but it all ended up looking quite the same with only monkeying up my font on my main headings each time I tried to adjust it. I want smaller pics with my text which are crisper and do not take up the whole page! 

Also I want it to look savvy on the mobile version. Now my text is gone and only my headings appear. I want the pics along with the text to be on the mobile version as well. Only in my About Section do I have much text, so I think I should be able to have both text and pics in the mobile version along with the headings.The longer text means a person is interested in reading more, so I am ok with it in the About Section. The rest is pretty brief. Please help!

Thanks!

• Gan Wix Team

Replied by Gan August 1, 2014

Hi Herbalive172,

Thank you for contacting us.

To resize an image, simply click on it the resize tool will surround it, allowing you to drag the resize circles around the edges of the image.

Please note that resizing an image in the Editor may reduce the image's quality. It is recommended to upload an image at the size that you wish for it to display

Regarding the issue about the mobile display, When entering your site from an iPad, The text in your menu was visible, as was the text in the page. The reason you did not see it in the editor, was that your section description box was not checked. While in mobile editor, click on the text inside a page, and check the show section description box. Please note that I did not save any changes I've made in your site.

Please contact us for further information.

Best, Wix.
    • herbalive172

I cannot get it to do what I want with the pictures no matter how hard I try. The pictures I have a gigantic and I want them smaller and off to the side of the text if possible. These pictures are so HUGE they stretch across the full page. I do not want them as large as like a cover photo on facebook but more like a profile photo off to the side of the text.

I want the pictures to compliment the text not over rule the text. The text is not meant to merely be a caption but a description with the picture as a nice addition. Right now the picture has taken over everything. They are really a monstrosity!

I click on the photo and only a menu comes up with an option to crop the photo but only vertically and not horizontally and nothing to resize the photo to make it smaller. I do not wish to crop the photo, I want to resize it!

• herbalive172

See the sandwich and coffee above? The image is too terribly large! It is cropped vertically, but I cannot do anything horizontally to it. And I do not want to crop it. When I click on it, only a small submenu pops up. There is no option to resize. Only the option to crop vertically on a larger menu to the left!

You showed me an image of yours as a part of the template on the main page. You click on that and can resize it. I can do that as well. I am talking about the images I uploaded and placed in the menu section. I cannot resize them. Please help me! I can manage the photos on the homepage but not in the last two pages I created--the menu pages!

• herbalive172

Even the eggs above are also cropped. I do not want this crop business! Please help me!

• herbalive172

f I uncrop them, then the images take up the whole page and the text is passed over!

• Alissa Wix Team

Replied by Alissa August 14, 2014

Hi herbalive172,

Please note that I have accessed your site and your images seem to have the approximate size of a Facebook profile picture now, rather than like a cover photo as in the screenshots sent by Gan. Were you able to resolve the issue in the mean time?

While I'm still not exactly sure how you would like your images to look like, be advised that you could also crop your photos outside of the Wix editor (using a simple program like Paint) and then upload them into the editor again. This will assure your images to be cropped exactly the way you want them to be.

I hope I was able to help you. Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require any further assistance. 

Alissa - Wix Support
  • laur99

Replied by laur99 July 31, 2014

I have uploaded a ton of images to my website I'm working on and haven't paid much attention to file size. Now, when I preview the site I realize most of them load pretty slowly. It will take forever for me to manually shrink all the file sizes and then re-upload. Is there an option within Wix to automatically shrink the images for optimal viewing online? If not, you guys should totally add that feature!

Thanks!

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 31, 2014

Hello,

Currently you can only crop images by going to the image gallery > edit image.

There is no option to resize images in the Editor at the moment.

We document and learn from every feature request and bug brought to our attention. These objectives are immediately high priority milestones in Wix's product road map.

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

To compress an image, follow these instructions.

If you are using Gimp to improve your image quality, you will be able to make these changes in the Advanced Options section.

A great way to increase site performance is to optimize the images that you use. To find out more, please click here!

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

All the best, Or
  • digme0

Replied by digme0 July 30, 2014

Hi all,

could someone tell me the ideal picture size for the slide show gallery with the "cropped" option activated?  I've can't seem to get my logo in the bottom left corner of the picture to show up because my picture size is to big for the slider.

Thanks in advance

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony July 31, 2014

Hi, 

Thanks for contacting Wix Support.

You can upload the images in the same size as the galleries to overcome this issue. You can use this Chrome extension to see the needed dimensions, or print screen the page and find the size through an image editing software. 

When using the slideshow feature, the images are cropped to fit the slideshow dimensions. When users click on the image and it opens in expand mode, the full image appears in the size that you have uploaded it

Rony WixTeam
  • deidriannblackwood

Replied by deidriannblackwood July 27, 2014

I NEED HELP!!!! THIS IS MY FOURTH TIME STARTING OVER WITH MY WEBSITE. THE IMAGES KEEP STICKING, AND ITS LMOST AS IF THEY JUST POSITION THEMSELVES ON THE PAGE WHEREVER THEY WANT TO. TRYING THE ORGANIZE THE IMAGES IS FRUSTRATING BECAUSE IT SEEMS AS IF THEY KEEP LOCKING IN ONE POSITION AND I CANNOT MOVE ANY OF THEM. I HAVE TWO PAGES SAVED WHICH REPRESENTS MY 3RD AND 4TH TIME. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan July 27, 2014

We apologize for the inconvenience, we have visited both your websites, we could click images and then once marked drag them around with no apparent issues. Please give us an example of something wrong on the site with sticking images. Tell us on which of your website this happens, on which page and which image so we can better understand the problem.

• deidriannblackwood

Replied by deidriannblackwood July 27, 2014

Thanks for responding. Sometimes when I try to move the images, they do not move. Its almost as if they are locked or fixed in whatever position they end up in.  The image with the Asian girl  that's in the oval shape was at the top of the page, I do not know how it got there, so I did not save anything. I'm happy its back in its current position.  But I feel like I'm getting nowhere close to completing my website but I'll keep working at it.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso July 27, 2014

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are expiriacing difficultoes.

We will appreciate if you could provide us an example from your Wix site, where yu are enable to move an image.

This way we will be able to better understand the issue.

Thank you,

Dina.

• wilkz2013

Replied by wilkz2013 July 24, 2014

hi everyone im trying to build a website for my company iv done really well up till now im stuck on my products page my company makes canvases for people and i need the option for people to be able to select the size they want there canvas but also be able to upload there own image they want on the canvas so when they place there order i can see their picture and what size they want how do i add these options to my site  

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti July 25, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix support! 

To allow size selection, add a product option. Currently, you can add up to 2 product options for each product and up to 10 fields under each option.

To learn more about adding product options, click here.

You can vote for adding additional product options and selections in this FAQ.

Regarding uploading images, use the AnyFile app! AnyFile lets you upload files of any size and type to your site.  Click here for more information about adding apps to your site.

Feel free to contact AnyApps any time with questions or comments at:
      Email:  support@petprojektlabs. com

You can also add the 123 FormBuilder app to your site and allow your site visitors to upload files via the form. You can read more about this  here. You can find information and instructions about the 123 FormBuilder app here. Alternatively, you can also direct your visitors to email you with the file.

Let us know if you need more help.

• ATXWinterguard

Replied by ATXWinterguard July 16, 2014

HELP!! :(

So I am working on my site and originally I had a Youtube video added in the center the home page. Somehow it now appears on all pages of my website and I can not grab it in any way to delete the thing whatsoever. I have tried deleting the home page, nothing changed. The video was still on the other pages. I tried bringing it forward and back and still no option to grabbing/selecting it to delete it.

At this point it acts as if it is stuck to the back of every page and I am at a loss of how to get it off of here.

If anyone has any advice or knows how to get the thing deleted, please let me know!

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony July 16, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix support! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

I have checked your account and noticed that you have more than one site. Please provide us with the name of the site you are referring to so we will be able to investigate this issue further.

Thanks and I await your reply.

Thanks, Rony
  • ostyrock

Replied by ostyrock July 8, 2014

my images are very long, but they are jpg and under 15mb

i dont know why but the editor doesnt let me make my image box longger,

so mi image doesnt show complet, in some cases its working and in some its not.

what can i do?

mi site: rocketcomunicacionvisual.com

see under proyectos

please help i am going crazy here

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios July 8, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Wix support team.

Please clarify on the problem you are encountering.

To ensure that you maintain the quality of your photos and decrease loading time to a minimum when uploading to Wix, please follow the guidelines here.

You can find more information about how to upload pictures here.

Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

Many thanks, Barrios
    • ostyrock

i am trying to display pictures that are very long, (jpg under 15mb) so there should be no problem, but i cant move this further down (picture)  so the picture is not complete, what can i do?

you can see for yourself on my site, the pictures under "proyectos"

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella July 8, 2014

Hi,

To display an image without cropping it, click on the image to see its settings. Then, under Image Scaling, select Fit. 

I can see there are seven sites under your account. Should you require any further assistance, please let us know which one you are referring to, so we can look into the issue.

Don't hesitate to contact us again,

Ella

• ostyrock

thanks!!!!!! it worked!

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or July 8, 2014

You're welcome :)

Kind regards, Or - Wix Support Team.
  • cararano

Replied by cararano June 26, 2014

Hello,

My name is Cara and I'm posting in regards to my unpublished site "cararano1"  I have read all of the messages on this board for getting better image quality, saving as a PNG 8 or 24 or jpeg, setting the picture to exact pixels, etc. and my image is still not as good of quality as I'd like.  I made it on Illustrator so it is a vector image and it looks very clean on my end until I put it up on wix.  Could you possibly take a look at my site and tell me if that's the highest quality my image will be?  This image is a jpeg because the PNGs were even choppier when I tried them.  The jpeg isn't terrible but it is a little grainy and I was hoping for a little better quality!  Let me know!  Thanks!

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti June 26, 2014

Hi,

I have visited your site and the images i have seen looked great.

Please provide us with more information about the location of the problem on your site, i.e. on what page can it be found, what is the specific image?

*Please make sure to include a screen shot so we can see the difference between the original image and the one on the site.

To ensure that you maintain the quality of your photos and decrease loading time to a minimum when uploading to Wix, please follow the guidelines here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• cararano

picture on my computer.pdf

I have included both images from my site and the way I see it on my computer before I upload it.  This is in regards to my home page of my unpublished site "cararano1"

• cararano

The screenshot that I first attached appears grainy around the coffee cup and around the leaves mostly, but the file on my computer is really clean.

• Or Wix Team

Replied by Or June 27, 2014

Hello,

Have you tried following the guidelines on improving an image's quality that Etti referred you to?

If not, please give it a go and let us know if it helped.

Kind regards, Or - Wix Support Team.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets