Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

You can upload doc & .docx, .xls & .xlsx, .ppt & .pptx, .odt, .odp and .pdf documents to your site. Visitors will be able to download the document by clicking it.

To upload a document: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon > click Media > click Document.

Click the document icon to open the pop-up window > click Choose Document > click Upload Document or choose an previously uploaded document > click Choose Document.

Note: The maximum upload file size is 15MB.

To learn more about uploading documents, please click here or view the video below.

Replies(97 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • lbrand7

Replied by lbrand7 3 days ago

I'm thinking of transferring my homeowner's association website to Wix.  One of the pages we have on that site houses all the forms that a homeowner might needs.  The forms are split into certain folders.  I understand how to upload PDFs to a Wix site, but wondered what, if any, way there might be to organize all the PDFs that I upload to a certain page.

I don't want the page to become too long with all the PDFs and their descriptions.  I like the idea of folders that hold related documents and wonder if there is a way to do that in Wix as well, before I decide to switch to your platform from SquareSpace.

I'm attaching a screenshot to show what I mean.  The first page shows the contents of one of the folders, the second page shows the folders themselves.

Thank you,

• amitn6 Wix Team

Replied by amitn6 2 days ago

Hello  lbrand7,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

Unfortunately Wix does not have a designated app that lets you organize downloadable content into folders. However, you may do so manually by making each folder a sub-page, and in that sub-page have it contain links that download /view the selected document.

Please click here for more information about linking, while this thread has information about how to upload documents.

You can also use the Dropbox Folder app, but it does not allow you to create folders for you documents. For more information click here

We document and learn from every feature request and bug brought to our attention. These objectives are immediately high priority milestones in Wix's product road map. Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

Feel free to contact us should you require any further assistance. 

Kind regards, Amit
  • mfmahsan

Replied by mfmahsan August 1, 2014

Hi

How do i make wix media name hidden when my document open? i have uploaded pdf document and when people click to download page directed to wix media, how can i stop people viewing wix media, i have premium subscription.

• Ilia Wix Team

Replied by Ilia August 1, 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment.

We document and learn from every feature request and bug brought to our attention. These objectives are immediately high priority milestones in Wix's product road map.

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

To read about our feature updates, please click here.

Ilia - App Market Team
  • brinso3

Replied by brinso3 July 28, 2014

How to post a document for download

I would like to post a word document for download from the site. How do I do that?

• Ben Wix Team

Replied by Ben July 28, 2014

Hi,

Please note that I have merged your post to the main thread concerning your question. Please see the best reply above, and let us know if you require any further assistance.

Ben

Wix Support

• info47673

Replied by info47673 July 28, 2014

Hi there, I have added PDFs under corresponding products in my catalogue, however when you go to page 2, the PDFs from page 1 are still there - as if they've become part of the page - how do I associate the PDFs directly with the corresponding product without it attaching to the page itself? Thanks in advance.

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios July 28, 2014

Hi,

Please specify where the pdf. pages can be found in your website (include editor page names).

Please make sure that your pdf element is not set to show on all pages, please see  How do I show an element on all pages of my Wix site?

Please provide us with a screen shot of the problem. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

We are here should you require further assistance,

Many thanks, Barrios
    • info47673

Replied by info47673 July 28, 2014

Hi Barrios,
      If you go to 'Products' > 'LED Downlights less than 15w' you'll see the PDFs I've put on page 1 that correspond to the products. Then go to page 2 you can see the PDFs I placed on page 1 have just stayed put for page 2.
      The PDFs are not ticked to be on all pages.

• Rony Wix Team

Replied by Rony July 29, 2014

Hi, 

I am afraid that, since the product gallery is not loading a new site page, all the elements in the current page (LED Downlights) will show.

Meaning that is no way to prevent the pdf files to be shown on the second page of your product gallery.

We apologize for the inconveniences this may cause to you.

Feel free to add your feature request to our Wish List by posting here.

In case of further questions, don't hesitate and contact us again.

All best, 

Rony WixTeam
  • mgtjp8

Replied by mgtjp8 July 17, 2014

upload the pdf file

Hi, can I upload the pdf file in my web storage?

• Nati Wix Team

Replied by Nati July 17, 2014

Hi mgtjp8,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter.

Please note that I have merged your post into the relevant thread; please refer to the Best Reply on top of the page.

We are here should you require any further assistance.

Best Regards, Nati - Wix Support Team
  • andreaselzerova

Replied by andreaselzerova June 27, 2014

Hello,

How could I upload a document to my catalog so each item of the catalog has a particular document attached. It seems that a document attached to an item appears in every other item. is it possible to deactivate this? I need a different document for each item. Thx. Andrea

• Dima Wix Team

Replied by Dima June 27, 2014

Hi,

Where exactly on your site can I fins the catalog element you're having trouble with? A screenshot may also be helpful. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

Dima -Wix support team-
  • jacobfoos

Replied by jacobfoos June 23, 2014

After uploading a document onto a Wix site with a premium account, is there a feature to change the document url from a Wix.com one, to one based off the account domain such as www.example.com/pdf1234?

Thank you

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y June 23, 2014

An answer to this topic can be found in Why is my document name different when I download it from my Wix website?.

Currently this is the way file URLs go on Wix domains. There is no option to change the file name as you suggested currently. Please follow my link to vote for this feature on our Wishlist.

Thank you.

All the best, Or
    • jacobfoos

Replied by jacobfoos June 23, 2014

Done!  What is the likelihood of it being implemented in the near future?

• Eyal Wix Team

Replied by Eyal June 23, 2014

Hey jacobfoos,

Unfortuntaely we can not provide an ETA regarding Wishlist items or features that are currently being developed behind the scenes. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know!

Thank you for you understanding.

Eyal, Wix Customer Support Team
  • gogogreenmonkey

Replied by gogogreenmonkey June 17, 2014

I didn't see any response until now- I figured it out since it was due before I ever heard anything back. thanks.

• Ella Wix Team

Replied by Ella June 17, 2014

Hi,

I apologize, but I'm not quite sure what it is that you are referring to.

Are you experiencing any problems?

Awaiting your reply,

Ella

• samanthapekh

Replied by samanthapekh June 17, 2014

Hello,

I have uploaded my PDF poster and can successfully download it in preview. However, now I need to find the URL of the PDF document so I can paste this URL (of my group ad poster) into my leadpages thankyou page. How can I find the URL of the uploaded doc (and not just the webpage url's by using mydomain/sitemap.xmlsitemap.xml)

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti June 17, 2014

Hi,

you can find the URL when openning it on your online site.It is:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/0659fa_c851ea439cf64bf1bc1c9d9ecdb0be0e.pdf

• sigevelyn Premium VIP

Replied by sigevelyn June 4, 2014

Adding a PDF file to website

How do I upload a PDF to my website?

Thanks!

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply