- Back to Search Results
Stats 419,748 topics posted 7,114 include Best Reply by Wix Team
Replies(40 replies total)
Replied by debselfempowercoac July 17, 2014
I am also having the problem of archives showing a month behind. I have tried several browsers and devices, clearing all cookies, history and rebooting browsers. Seems to be a bug. Help please?!
Replied by jamminec June 6, 2014
I'm having the same problem others are having: the blog post archive consistently reads a month behind where the actual posts are dated
I made the first post a few days ago in May, the archive read "April";
I changed the post's date to today in June, the archive switched to reading "May";
I made a second (test) post today (now deleted) - the archive read them both as "May";
I changed the dates of both posts to read "July", the archive read "June". I click on the "May" archive, and it brings up the posts dated June. I've tried clearing the cache and cookies, Firefox and Safari, and the problem remains.
Replied by clubcusiong May 30, 2014
Looks like a bug on the archive feature. I have the same problem as kransick and brpartlow.
I did my first post today and the archive date (April) don't jive.
Please fix. Thanks!
Replied by Visual Box Merchandising May 20, 2014
1. Can I have the choice of more posts on my blog showing rather than going down the page and it saying 'older posts'?
2. Wishlist: I am creating a gallery of my work. This needs to be separate from my blog as it is for my portfolio pics only. It would be really helpful if I could have the ability to order these photos to an employer. So archive by: most recent, season (rather than month, and year not wanted) and other custom archive (like order by colour). I thought perhaps I could of created another blog then at least I could order my gallery (portfolio) by month at least. But I can't make another blog. Any other suggestions on ease of viewing for employer who only wants to see certain photos?
3. How do I edit my single posts page?! I can't figure out how to get onto each single post page. I want to edit each single post. I know you don't currently have multi channel photos for single post, but is coming soon, but I would like to add text and images below what's there because at the moment it is pointless clicking on the post and taking to a separate page with everything missing.
4. In the blog, how do I create a small teaser of info by the photo that IS DIFFERENT from the content in the single blog post. For example, scrolling down blog, there is a photo and next to it 'I tested this product. See the results here' and when they clicked and it goes to the single blog post it starts not by saying this but by saying 'the X product is well known. But I tested it an this....'
5. Is there also a way to have a smaller amount of text or larger amount in the blog descriptions, so it doesn't cut off in the wrong place or say too mcuh. For example, if my text was 'I tested this product......(more text).....the results were', I wouldn't want this whole paragraph to show because I would want them to click before reading I wrote about the results (I''d want a shorter tease), and also, I might want the rest of the sentence to show and not be cut off. For example '....the results were, inconclusive'.
Thanks! Hope those make sense.
Replied by kransick May 14, 2014blog archive displays incorrect month
I just started using your blog feature for a special project. It is located at www.newlingristmill.org (you can see on the far right nav bar where it says "dam blog.")
I added an archive, but all of the posts are displaying as April 2014. They were all made in May. I checked the dates of the posts. Is there a reason why this date is displaying as April and how can I fix this. Thank You!
Replied by CarleyS May 7, 2014
Great news! You can now add a Blog Archive to your site! Your Blog Archive will automatically gather all your past posts and categorize them by month and year. You can display the Blog Archive as a list of dates or a drop-down menu.
To add a Blog Archive: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add button > click Blog Elements > click Archive.
Click the archive button that is added to your site > from the pop-up menu, click Settings > customize your archive's layout, date format and number of months to display.
Note: You can currently only customize the date format for the List of Dates layout.
To learn more about this feature, please click here.- Regards, Carley