- Back to Search Results
Stats 415,818 topics posted 7,167 include Best Reply by Wix Team
Replies(1,436 replies total)
Replied by gypsyrosefloral October 25, 2013
I was so excited when I saw the blog as a feature. It is an integral part of many business sites to keep customers engaged and informed. However, this format lacks just about everything every other blogging site does. I can not put up a post with more then one image? I'm a wedding florist and want to post each wedding as one blog post with multiple pictures. Also i can't combine a text and picture post or copy and paste from a word document i wrote? There needs to be some serious work on this feature otherwise I will have to go to another provider that can offer me this.
Replied by jen949 October 24, 2013
Coming into this a bit late - a couple questions
1. Can we actually publish this and make it live? or is this just test phase?
2. What is the difference bn Featured Posts and Recent posts? they seem to be the same
3. Why is there no option for "Most Popular" posts?
4. I have been using the "News list app" as a make-shift blog - is there an easy way to cut/paste all my articles into this blog app since it is the same format?
Replied by foodconnection October 23, 2013
Does anyone notice that once they added the blog feature to their website everything has gotten much, much slower? My internet isn't the fastest but before it was always able to load the editor and my website fairly quickly. Now it takes forever to load, and some days I can't even get into the editor. The images I have are resized so that shouldn't be the reason. I know this is a test blog, but I really hope the real version addresses this!
Replied by FamilyFirstDesigns October 23, 2013
I agree and have the same exact question. That would only make sense, being as though that's one of the main components of a blog is to be able to initiate communication with the viewers of the blog...
Replied by KLVINNEY October 23, 2013
Under your 'explore' tab you are featuring a web site, http://www.britneyjeanine.com/ who appears to have a wix blog that features multiple pictures per post. Am I incorrect in thinking this? So two questions: If it is a WIX blog, how is she able to do that, and if it is not a WIX blog, what is it, because I would like to use that.
Replied by lavkiss October 23, 2013
I just added a wix blog to my website, love it! But I have a question:
Is there a way (HTML, widget...?) for people to comment (I saw it was a work in progress) to a post AND for them to have the possibilities to share my post on social network (facebook, Pinterest, twitter etc)?
Thank you for your advice!
Replied by loreleilogsdon October 23, 2013
Hi, I have two questions.
1) How can I make it so I'm notified when someone comments on my blog? and
2) How can I moderate/delete comments, if necessary?
Replied by elltrent October 22, 2013
I am just now trying the wix blog out,but is there anyway you can use HTML? i am trying to post something from soundcloud..however it is not showing up correctly? please help
Replied by unluckiestlovers October 22, 2013
Hi Wix Team
I am currently trying out your new Blog system and so far so good. I currently use WordPress however I find it difficult to customise to the way I like it, so Wix is much better for my needs. I know this is only in test mode at the moment, which is why I haven't fully committed to getting rid of my WordPress account but if the few things suggested below get changed then I will kiss goodbye WordPress and be fully committed to WIX!
1. More pictures to be added to each blog post. I know this has been mentioned before but it is hugely important to a blogger, people want to see a mixture of words and pictures not a load of text, otherwise they switch off.
2. Being able to change the size and position of photos and block text on the single post page. Currently you can change around the featured posts and latest posts, but not the actual post content. For example I may have a portrait photo and it would be good have text to the side of it rather than under it. This also applies to the main blog page too.
3. Search Bar. I know you can search by text, but a search bar to look through all blog posts would be fantastic.(Though this is more wishlist than necessary.)
There may be some more, but for now they are the main points. I am going to stick it out for now as I am sure this is going to get better and better, and really love how easy WIX is to navigate.
Thanks Very Much