Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

An A or address record is a DNS record that can be used to point your domain name and host names to a static IP address. You can add or update your A records from the Domains page of your Wix account.

To add or update an A record: Sign in to your Wix account > from the top menu, hover over Subscriptions > click Domains > under My Domains, next to the relevant domain, click Manage.

Under Domain Summary, select the Advanced tab > next to DNS Records, click Manage > next to A (Host), click Add a new A record to add or click the pencil icon to edit > enter the information in the pop-up window > click Save.

Note: If your domain is connected to your Wix site via Pointing, your domain host is in control of your A records.

For more information adding or updating A records, click here.

Replies(22 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • spare4me

Replied by spare4me June 14, 2014

A record? how to connect

what is the a record so that I can point the record for the website to the wix server?

• Yotam Wix Team

Replied by Yotam June 14, 2014

Hi,

I've merged your post with this thread regarding the subject. Please read the above 'Best Reply'.

Thanks,

Yotam Wix Team
  • selindrin

Replied by selindrin June 11, 2014

redirecting a wix domain

how can i change my dns servers? i've bought a wix domain but i need to redirect it to my external site which has "ns1000.mochahost.com" and "ns2000.mochahost.com" dns servers...

• selindrin

Replied by selindrin June 11, 2014

how can i change my dns servers? i've bought a wix domain but i need to redirect it to my external site which has "ns1000.mochahost.com" and "ns2000.mochahost.com" dns servers...

• Hércules Wix Team

Replied by Hércules June 11, 2014

Hey,

Actually it´s not possible to change the DNS servers from your Wix domain. What you can do instead is asking for an static IP address (provided by the other company) and add it as an A record.

Please refer to the Best Reply above. 

If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

Hércules
  • Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti May 22, 2014

Hi,

Please note that it is not possible to change the name servers of a domain name purchased from Wix. You may either transfer the domain away from Wix, or point the domain to a different IP address.

To point your domain to a different IP address, you will need to modify the domain's A records. You will need to contact your new host and request for the relevant IP address. For more information about how to edit your A records, click here.

Best, Ritti
  • yqtehaata

Replied by yqtehaata May 22, 2014

Thanks for the answer.

But did you imply that a domain bought from Wix will only work with a Wix site and not a site built elsewhere?

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y May 22, 2014

Yes, you have purchased a domain and it belong to you as long as you keep paying for it.

Later on, once you wish to connect it to a Wix site, go to My Account > Domains > manage (under the domain name) > change.

Please let us know in case you need further assistance,

All the best, Or
  • yqtehaata

Replied by yqtehaata May 22, 2014

Can a disconnected domain purchased from Wix be reused?

If I have a Wix site connected to a Wix-purchased domain, then disconnect that domain from that site, will I still be able to use the domain with some other site later on?

• kirby73

Replied by kirby73 May 19, 2014

Hi, I just update one of the websites I manage and I tried to use the 1 year free domain with that site and its not working? 

gldwelding.com 

Can you please help

• Keren Wix Team

Replied by Keren May 19, 2014

Hey,

Thank you for contacting Wix support! Viewing your account I can see that your voucher was expired. Therefore, we renewed it for you. If you wish to redeem the voucher, simply go to "My Account" -> "Manage Premium" -> "Vouchers and click on the voucher link next to your package under "Free Domain".

Click here for detailed instructions about how to claim your Wix domain. When claiming your free Wix domain, simply follow the steps in this link to purchase a domain. In the purchase screen, you will see an option that lets you choose your free domain gift. You will see the discount applied to your total before you complete your purchase.

Feel free to contact us should you require any further assistance. 

Keren, Wix Support
  • natewill2

Replied by natewill2 April 21, 2014

I am trying to add a A record and I pointed it to our server that we have on site.  And when I do that it is not working on our mobile devices. What am I missing?

• natewill2

Replied by natewill2 April 21, 2014

we use Exchange server 2010

• Yoav Wix Team

Replied by Yoav April 21, 2014

Hello,

Please note that changes to your domain's DNS records can take up to 72 hours to be fully applied.

Are you having difficulties with setting up your email server, or with access to your site using mobile devices?

Awaiting your reply - we'll be happy to further assist!

• natewill2

Replied by natewill2 April 23, 2014

It is working.  I was just not patient enough.... Thanks.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso April 23, 2014

Hi,

We are glad to hear your site is up and running.

Dina-Wix Team.

• kobikcom

Replied by kobikcom April 13, 2014

Hi,

I have the domain kcom.co.il

I updated the ns to ns1.wix.com, ns2.wix.com,

but still when I'm trying to configure things in Wix, I get some A Records old configurations.

I've asked the ISOC (http://www.isoc.org.il/index_eng.html) to update the A records, and they told me that WIX should do that.

Is this true ? Who should do this settings ? I can't find in their management site the A Records numbers

• Natty

Replied by Natty April 13, 2014

Your Wix Domain configuration appears to be incorrect.
      To fix this, follow the instructions here.

• kobikcom

Replied by kobikcom April 13, 2014

I removed the A records from DNS configuration,

And still:

1. Can't verify the kcom.co.il

2. The forward to kcom.co.il is still going to the old hosting

• Rapido Wix Team

Replied by Rapido April 13, 2014

Who are you trying to verify the site with? I can see your domain name is now connected correctly. Please contact your domain host to clarify this issue. 

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets