Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

The default payment plan for Wix domain subscriptions is autorenewal. If your domain is on a yearly renewal cycle, the payment will be attempted two days before the anniversary of your original payment. If the initial payment attempt fails, your domain name will expire on the anniversary of your original payment and your Wix site will no longer be accessible through the domain name.

Even though the domain name will have expired, the Wix domain subscription will remain active and our system will continue to attempt to collect payment. If payment is made successfully within the 30 day grace period, your domain name will be reactivated.

If payment is not made within the 30 day grace period, your domain name will be cancelled and will enter a redemption period lasting approximately 35 days. The redemption period is designed to give domain owners one last chance to retain their domain name before it becomes publicly available, however the cost of retrieving a domain during the redemption period is high ($250).

We strongly advise that users try to resolve payment issues before the domain enters the redemption period.

If you are unsure why your payments have failed, please contact us and we will assist you.

Replies(65 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • iampaulyoder

Replied by iampaulyoder July 15, 2014

I renewed my subscription but my site at www.iampaulyoder.com is crashing each time I try to access it. It claims that wix gave me that domain, but this is what I get when I try to acess my wix link. This site is on all my business cards and such. Please help!

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 16, 2014

I have been able to recreate the issue.

Please note that your pointing configuration in your registrar (not Wix, but your actual domain host) is incorrect.
      To fix this, please follow the instructions here.

All the best, Or
    • iampaulyoder

Replied by iampaulyoder July 16, 2014

Two things:

1) I cannot understand your response. Recreating an issue is a bad thing. "Pointing configuration" isn't even a thing at all.

2) I bought my domain on wix. I believe that makes wix my domain host.

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso July 16, 2014

Hi,

Your domain was purchased through Wix on: 25/5/2013, however your domain was not renewed on: 25/5/2014 as your credit card was declined.

Your domain subscription was canceled.

In general if a domain name has expired, the Wix domain subscription will remain active and our system will continue to attempt to collect payment. If payment is made successfully within the 30 day grace period, your domain name will be reactivated.

If payment is not made within the 30 day grace period, your domain name will be cancelled and will enter a redemption period lasting approximately 35 days. The redemption period is designed to give domain owners one last chance to retain their domain name before it becomes publicly available, however the cost of retrieving a domain during the redemption period is high ($250).

If you do not want to pay 250 $ to release your domain, you can wait 70 days from the moment your domain was canceled and repurchased the domain again from Wix.

For more information about purchasing Wix domains, click here.

Dina-Wix Team.

• iampaulyoder

Replied by iampaulyoder July 16, 2014

Okay. I renewed my subscription almost a week ago, and it's still not working. Does it usually take this long for a payment to go through?

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y July 17, 2014

Hello,

Please make sure you have properly inserted payment details, as I can see you have not yet paid for your domain.

You can see all the relevant payment details when mouseovering the login drop-down menu on the top right end of the page (Hello, iampaulyoder) > Billing & Payment.

For more information about purchasing domains from Wix, click here.

All the best, Or
  • FILIPPOZEPPI

Replied by FILIPPOZEPPI July 14, 2014

I managed to inser a new credit card. But i don't know how to send the payment. Can u help me? 

• Etti Wix Team

Replied by Etti July 14, 2014

Hi,

I checked your account and both your domains (onsibillis.net and jonsibillis.com) are payed for and active.

To view your invoice:

1. Sign into Wix.com.
      2. Go to My Sites > click the user panel on the top right of the page > click Billing and Payment.
      3. From Billing and Payment, next to your plan, click Manage.
      4. Next to Invoices, click View invoices.
      5. Click an invoice from the list to view it.

Your invoice opens in a new browser window/tab.

Let us know if you need anything else.

• roseduque

Replied by roseduque July 9, 2014

I´ve already pay the domain but it is´nt working

• Anat Wix Team

Replied by Anat July 9, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Wix support.

I checked your domain and it was indeed paid for and set up properly.

Please allow up to 72 hours for full propagation since the purchase (July 8th).

Please let us know if the problem persists afterwards. 

Anat - Wix Team
  • al0591

Replied by al0591 July 9, 2014

For some reason the auto payment failed.

I have used a different card (a debit card), but this has also failed. I know there is sufficient funds I have just checked it.

Now what should I do, my site is down.

• Barrios Wix Team

Replied by Barrios July 9, 2014

Hi,

The initial or renewal payment for your Wix domain or premium plan may have failed due to one of the following reasons:

The payment has been declined by your credit card provider

- The credit card provided has expired or has insufficient funds

- The credit card number provided is invalid

- The credit card provided has not been approved for recurring payments 

Please contact your bank/credit card company to check the reason for the failure, or add an alternate card.

Note: If your renewal payment is not successful your domain name will expire and you will not be able to access your website via this domain.

Feel free to contacts us should you have any further questions.

Many thanks, Barrios
  • jpmah-ben

Replied by jpmah-ben June 18, 2014

hi, i just made the payment for the domain renewal but when i clicked on the url to my website another page came up and said that this particular domain name is connected to another account...

• rony Wix Team

Replied by rony June 18, 2014

Are you referring to stallionspg.com?

If not, please provide us with the domain in question. 

Rony WixTeam
    • jpmah-ben

yes...i am referring to stallionspg.com

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y June 18, 2014

Please note that your domain is up and running on my end:

If you are still having trouble viewing your site, please try doing the following:

1) Go here and click on "Delete all sites". Then clear your browser's cache.

For step-by-step instructions about how to clear your browser's cache, please follow this link.
      You can also find a video tutorial here.

2) Try to Flush your DNS. For detailed instructions on how to do so please go here.

3) Please go to the Windows start menu->click on 'run'-> select the first option: 'Run'-> type: 'ping yourdomain.com'->A window will pop with an IP address. Please run this test from several computers.

For Mac users: Go to ‘Application’ then open ‘Terminal’ and type: 'ping yourdomain.com'->A window will pop with an IP address. Please run this test from several computers.

-If you receive an IP address on your computer other than the IP you see here and you see this IP from other computers please contact an IT expert in your area for further troubleshooting.

-If you receive a different IP than the IP you see here from multiple locations, please send it to us in order for us to check it.

All the best, Or
    • jpmah-ben

its not working...i have tried these ways a while ago...same page prompt out when i enter my website link

http://www.wix.com/lphtml/parking?redirectedFor=stallionspg.com/#!popup/c1vr6

this page appeared

• Or Y Wix Team

Replied by Or Y June 18, 2014

Please note that you can only access your site via the domain: stallionspg.com

Or the free site address: jpmah-ben.wix.com/stallions

Once you make sure having tried all the steps I advised you above, please add a screenshot of what you see while loading your site.

For instructions on how to take a screenshot, please use this link.

To upload the screenshot, simply click on the "Upload" button and follow the steps.

All the best, Or
    • jpmah-ben

This came out

• Nitzan Wix Team

Replied by Nitzan June 18, 2014

Hi,

I have checked your domain again as well as your billing records and all is set up and working properly on our end. 

Please note that it can take up to 72 hours for the changes to propagate through the systems. 

Please let us know should you require any further assistance.

Have a great day! Nitzan - Wix Support Team
    • jpmah-ben

alright...thx...i guess i just have to wait a few days to see whats gonna happen

• Niv Wix Team

Replied by Niv June 18, 2014

Hi,

If the issue persists after the period mentioned by Nitzan, please let us know and so we can further assist you.

Thank you for your cooperation, 

Niv, Wix Support
    • jpmah-ben

Replied by jpmah-ben June 21, 2014

Hi, I am from before....I am the one that have a problem with my website link not working..welll after 4 days plus it is still not working...admins, can u all pls check for the problem for me ...my domain is stallionspg.com 

• Kosta Wix Team

Replied by Kosta June 21, 2014

Hi,

Please follow the instructions provided here.

If the steps in the link didn't resolve your issues, please answer the questions in the same link so we could review the information and investigate further. 

Kosta, Customer Solutions.
    • jpmah-ben

Replied by jpmah-ben June 22, 2014

hi, all the ways and steps that are stated on that page have been tried, none of them worked. i have also tried on other PCs and laptops, the same page pop up when i enter the link to my website. It still says that my domain name is connected to one of the wix account. i am currently using windows 8.1 and tested on windows 7 too. i have tried to open with android phones but same result at the end.

• jpmah-ben

Replied by jpmah-ben June 22, 2014

hi, the problem is resolved...thx..the moment i sent the previous comment, the website is working ald....thx anyway

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti June 22, 2014

Great!

Thank you for the update. Please let us know should you have any additional questions.

Best, Ritti
  • Preaa92

Replied by Preaa92 June 17, 2014

Domain site expired about 3 days ago, just updated payment, why isn't the website and domain name connecting after i have made payments ?

• Helle Wix Team

Replied by Helle June 17, 2014

Hi Preaa92,

i checked your domain. It's connected  to your site.

Everything works fine on my end.

Please let us know, if you should require further assistance.

Have a good day,

Helle, Support-Team Wix
  • oxcellence

Replied by oxcellence June 11, 2014

Hi there,

My domain (www.oxcellence.com) expired on 3 days ago and I just made the payment for the coming year. On the domain page, my site status becomes active but I still can't get access to the webpage through my domain. What's going on?

Thanks,

Kevin

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso June 11, 2014

Dear Kavin,

I checked your site: http://www.oxcellence.com/, your domain is connected and your site loads perfectly from my end.

If you still experiencing difficulties to load the site, please follow the instructions below:

1. Open your browser to a blank page. Close any Wix pages that are open.
      2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies of "Everything". You can find step-by-step instructions here.
      3. Restart your browser and then log into your Wix account and try again. 

Dina-Wix Team.

• mrbanan6

Replied by mrbanan6 June 11, 2014

Hello Wix

My domain (www.hkmagicschool.com) expired on 3rd June and I just paid the bill for coming year. 

After paid my site status becomes active, but the site is still not available. How to run it again? 

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Roll

• Ben Wix Team

Replied by Ben June 11, 2014

Please note that your domain is not properly connected to Wix, as your pointing configuration in your registrar (not Wix, but your actual domain host) is incorrect.

To fix this, please follow the instructions here

• nzwoolartist

Replied by nzwoolartist June 8, 2014

Website Not Opening

Hi WIX,

Can you please check as my website www.WoolArtistNZ.com because isn't currently opening - my account is upto date.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Leanne Clarry

WoolArtistNZ@gmail.com

+64279390939

• Marceline Wix Team

Replied by Marceline June 8, 2014

Hi,

It appears that your domain expired on the 29th of May 2014.

Although the domain name expired, the Wix domain subscription will still remain active and our system will continue to attempt the payment. If you are unsure why the payments are failing, please contact us.

If payment is made within 30 days of the expiration date, your domain name will be reactivated. Please see the best reply above regarding the possible renewal times.

Best regards, WIX Team.
  • egodor

Replied by egodor June 3, 2014

My domain expired and I had to change credit card details to have it run again. 

Now paid and shows "active", but the site is still not available. 

How long does it take for it to be up and running again? (www.esztertainment.com)

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Eszter

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti June 3, 2014

Hi,

I have visited your domain and I see it is correctly directed to your Wix site. Your site works perfectly!

If you are still having trouble viewing your site, please try doing the following:

1) Go here and click on "Delete all sites". Then clear your browser's cache.

For step-by-step instructions about how to clear your browser's cache, please follow this link.
      You can also find a video tutorial here.

2) Try to Flush your DNS. For detailed instructions on how to do so please go here.

3) Please go to the Windows start menu->click on 'run'-> select the first option: 'Run'-> type: 'ping yourdomain.com'->A window will pop with an IP address. Please run this test from several computers.

For Mac users: Go to ‘Application’ then open ‘Terminal’ and type: 'ping yourdomain.com'->A window will pop with an IP address. Please run this test from several computers.

-If you receive an IP address on your computer other than the IP you see here and you see this IP from other computers please contact an IT expert in your area for further troubleshooting.

-If you receive a different IP than the IP you see here from multiple locations, please send it to us in order for us to check it.

Best, Ritti
    • egodor

Thank you Ritti,

Cearing cache helped, now I can also access it again :-)

I also have an e-mail account associated with the site, info@esztertainment.com, which stopped working yesterday. Now I am receiving some e-mails but not all. 

Is there anything I can do to have it functioning properly again? Any way to recover lost e-mails?

Thank you!

Regards,

Eszter

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso June 3, 2014

Hi Eszter,

You can find the emails which have been sent through the contact form in your Wix account.

Please go to My account -> Next to your site click on Manage & Edit site -> My contacts -> contacted me.

For example:

Dina-Wix Team.

• egodor

Thank you Dinamiso!

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso June 3, 2014

Hi,

Please don't hesitate to contact us again, if you will need additional assistance.

Dina-Wix Team.

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets