Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

To connect your site to a domain please visit our Domain Portal or view the video below. The connection may take up to 72 hours to take effect.

Check out this video for instructions:

Connecting a domain to your site is a premium feature, if your site is not yet upgraded please click here.

If you do not have a domain you can buy one from Wix, click here to proceed.

Already connected your domain but having problems? Please click here.

Transferring your Wix domain to a different host: If you have a Wix domain, click here for instructions on how to transfer it to a different host.

Transferring your domain name to Wix:  *This feature has not yet been released to all users.*  You can currently transfer only domains with the following extensions: .com, .org, .net, .biz. and .info. You can transfer your domain from another registrar to your Wix account. To transfer your domain, verify that at least 60 days have passed since your registered or last transferred your domain and make sure that your domain is unlocked. For more information please click here.

Don't have a domain yet? To get a free domain for a year,  click below:

Unlimited Sale

Ecommerce Sale

Replies(2,017 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • BDSperos

Replied by BDSperos January 14, 2012

I am trying to connect 2 non-Wix domains (from Intuit) to my Wix site.  I've been able to connect the primary site successfully, but am having trouble with the secondary domain.  From the online instructions, it looks like the secondary site should be pointed to the primary site's URL?  Is this correct?  And if so, how do I do this?  Thanks!

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso January 14, 2012

Hi  edudaves,

Please note: You may connect your own domain (for example www.mydomain.com). You will need to purchase a domain and upgrade your site to one of our Premium packages that allows for this service.

• You can review all the upgrade plans here

• Dave Still

Replied by Dave Still January 14, 2012

I have built my site using the FREE version. I am trying to POINT and CONNECT my domain "davestill.ca" to my Wix account. I keep getting error messages which say I do not have A Records. I am looking at the Domain Manager from NETFIRMS the Registar, and EVERYTHING says WIX.COM. 

Can a POINT to a FREE account or do I need BASIC?

What are restrictions.?

Dave Still

• Agustin

Replied by Agustin January 12, 2012

@gschuurman

Yes you can!

When connecting your domain to the Wix name servers there are two important steps that you must complete.

1) Firstly you must go to your Wix Domain Manager (My Account > Manage Premium > Domains) and add your domain. 
    For more information, please click here.
    2) Please contact your domain host and ask them to connect your domain via the name servers (ns1.wix.com & ns2.wix.com).

Both of these steps are essential and the omission of either will result in a domain that’s not connected correctly.
    You can troubleshoot your domain here.

Note: Please make sure to firstly add your domain name under the Wix domain manager

-Agustin WIX SF
  • gschuurman

Replied by gschuurman January 12, 2012

Hello

Is it possible to connect my own domain name with extension .nl instead of .com on the Wix website?

My domain name is promas.nl

Greetings

Gerard

• Ron Wix Team

Replied by Ron January 12, 2012

@btscomponents

I've checked your account and noticed that you haven't connected your domain to your wix document, that's the reason your free wix url comes up. 

Please look at our Domain Portal for step by step instructions or check out the video below.

Already connected your domain but having problems? Click here.

Please also note that it might take up to 72 hours to be updated.
    For the Wix Premium Learning Center, click here.

*You will have to purchase a Domain first. After that, go here and purchase an upgrade plan that lets you use your own domain.
    Please note that Wix is selling domains! Click here and follow the instructions.

Ron, Wix Team
  • btscomponents

Replied by btscomponents January 11, 2012

Thanks dinamiso,

I have set the SEO fields, but I don't think that's the point.

I am merely referring to the URL bar. Once typing "www.btscomponents.com" you will be directed to my site with WIX, but instead of simply showing my-domain it would show wix.com/my-domain . I don't necessarily want ppl to know that I am hosting my site with WIX, plus it keeps a kind of temporary feel to it like an ad for a minisite/landing page.

Thanks

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso January 11, 2012

Hi btscomponents,

To change your website's tags, title, and description, open your Wix in the Editor and click Settings. In Settings, click the SEO tab and fill in the SEO fields: Site Title, Description and  Keywords. Once you have changed your title, keywords, and description be sure to hit Save.

For more detailed instructions with screenshots, please follow this link: http://support.wix.com/index.php/The_Wix_Editor/Settings

Hi  b_oneill  ,

You may connect your own domain (for example www.mydomain.com). You will need to purchase a domain and upgrade your site to one of our Premium packages that allows for this service.

If you purchased a domain from a different domain hosting company, you can connect it to your Wix site by following the instructions here: http://support.wix.com/index.php/Domain_Management/Name_Servers
    In order to complete the process ask your hosting company (where you purchased your domain name from) to point your domain to the Wix server using the following cnames: ns1.wix.com & ns2.wix.com
    • Please look at our Domain Portal for step by step instructions 

• b-oneill

Replied by b-oneill January 11, 2012

I have my domain on dreamhost...how can i link to wix?

• btscomponents

Replied by btscomponents January 10, 2012

domain at the url bar

http://www.wix.com/btscomponents/bts-components

Hello,

We have a premium account with Wix for btscomponents.com .

We have directed our domain to Wix per the instructions and it works. My question refers to the fact that at the URL address bar it keep showing  http://www.wix.com/btscomponents/bts-components  insteat of just showing our domain btscomponents.com  . We would like it to present our domain.

Can you please advise

Thank you

David

david@btscomponents.com

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets