Wix Answers

Do not post confidential info such as passwords or financial information.
Cancel
Post Question
wix Wix Team

Wix is a free, user-friendly, website building platform. We help our users to create amazing, professional looking sites, which can be updated and edited with the greatest of ease! No technical skills are required and sites are 100% search engine friendly. We offer a wide range of site templates or you can build your site from scratch.

We also offer a number of premium plans which give our users access to additional features such as connecting a domain name, removing Wix ads and additional storage and bandwidth. To learn more about our available premium plans, click here.

Replies(14 replies total)

Show my replies first
  • rahuloffers87

Replied by rahuloffers87 June 25, 2014

My use case - to create a website for professional needs .

I had a couple questions

1. Hosting is free and I only pay for my domain name ?

2. If I need to migrate to different hosting service , can I do that. Some hosting sites support WordPress ?

3. Can I upload images (certifications etc)

4. Can it export a document (resume etc)

• Ira Bel Wix Team

Replied by Ira Bel June 25, 2014

Hello,

1. Hosting the site is free, but connecting your domain is a premium feature, in addition to purchasing a domain at Wix.

2. It is impossible to host Wix site on non-Wix servers. 

3. You can upload images to Wix sites. You can find more information here.
      Note: you can only upload .jpg, .png, and .gif files up to 15MB.

4. We are not sure we understand what do you mean by " export a document". It is possible to upload documents to Wix site.

To learn more about uploading documents, please click here .

Please feel free to contact us in case you need further assistance. 

• navidgoalpure

Replied by navidgoalpure May 30, 2014

hello what is language that wix writen with it?  (php,asp,...)

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso May 30, 2014

Hi,

We are not limited to any particular language, and our platform is written in many languages in order to use each language strengths .

Dina-Wix Team.

• tamrakunited

Replied by tamrakunited April 22, 2014

Can someone at Wix please tell me if you are able to integrate third party softwares like clicktale or crazy egg or qualaroo or iperceptions on to a premium website account

Cheers

Kai

• rony Wix Team

Replied by rony April 22, 2014

Hey Kai, 

Thanks for contacting Wix Support.

You cannot add third party applications onto a Wix Site. 

If the application has an obtainable HTML Code, you can insert it into your site via the HTML App.

You will find the information here:  What is the HTML App?

Rony WixTeam
    • tamrakunited

Replied by tamrakunited April 23, 2014

Hi Rony,

Thats a shame, i see from a number of threads that Wix may be adding this capability in the near future.

For me this is the only thing stopping this software from being "incredible". And i dont say that word every day. Its seamless and the UI is almost flawless.

If Wix can make the sites compatible with third party intergrations then i think WIX will be a game changer. Very disruptive indeed. Until then i think it is still for the novice.

Cheers

Kai

• Jonathan Wix Team

Replied by Jonathan April 23, 2014

Thank you for your insight, we will take it under consideration. We hope to offer such an ability of integrations as soon as possible but we cannot provide you with a deadline for it.

• shairass

Replied by shairass March 24, 2014

Hi i am a new member of it.I AM ENJOYING IT

• cordeliacreatives

Replied by cordeliacreatives February 22, 2014

Trying to decide if I want to use Wix for my site. I have a few questions and I've been poking around for about half an hour, but I can't seem to get them all answered. So here we go. 1) Can I add a button to link to my Etsey store? 2) In the free option what are the ads I'll be seeing? Is there an example somewhere of what that would look like? 3) Can I add buttons for things like Pintrest, Instagram, or Youtube? It looks like you can connect to some social media, but I have yet to see a comprehensive list. 4) Are the forums the only costumer support? I guess that's all for now. Thanks.

• ilan-t Wix Team

Replied by ilan-t February 22, 2014

Hello,

Glad to here you are considering joining us and I apologise for the lengthy reply but I thought it would be beneficial to also add the instructions on how to do everything you asked about.

1. Yes, You can add buttons and link to them to any external site you like.

Add a button to your site from the Buttons & Menus section of the Add list and link it to an external site, a page from your site, a document or an email address.

To add a button:

1. From the left in the Editor, click the Add icon.
      2. From the Add list, click Buttons & Menus. Click one of the button options.
      3. From the Button Settings window, under Button Text, type a name for your button.
      4. Under Link to, click the field.
      5. From the Link Settings window that opens, click your Link type: Web Address, Page, Email or Document and add your link.
      6. From the Link Settings window, click Done.
      7. Click outside of the button to close the Button Settings window.

A button is added to your site.

Note: To return to Add , click Back to Add from the top of the window. To close Add, click X from the top right.

For more information about buttons click here.

2. You can get a general Idea of what the wix sites will look like by checking out our templates, the add you see at the bottom is the one that will feature on your free Wix site. The great thing about our templates is that you can customize any template so completely that it can end up being any kind of website! For example, you can choose a template from the "Design" category and create a website for Accounting Services!

Browse through our templates on the "Templates" page of wix.com and choose any template that you like!

For helpful tips about creating a great site using Wix, click here.

3. Yes you can, we have social icon's you can choose from and add to your site, you can also add and embed youtube videos directly onto the site.

To do so please follow the steps below:

1. From the left toolbar, click the Add icon.
      2. From the Add list, click Social. Click Social Bar.
      3. From the Social Bar Settings window, click Organize Icons.
      4. From the left of the Organize Icons window, click an icon.
      5. Under Link to, click inside the field.
      6. From the Link to Web Address window that opens, type the URL for your social site.
      7. Click the dial next to Open in new window or Open in same window. Click OK.
      8. Repeat Steps 4 through 7 for all of your icons.
      9. From the Organize Social Icons window, click OK.
      10. Click outside of the Social Bar to close the Social Bar Settings window.

A Social Bar is added to your site.

Note: To return to the Add Elements list, click Back to Element Categories from the top of the Add window.
      To close the Add list, click X from the top right.

For more information click here

4. Currently you can get support on the forum, through e-mail and from our call centre.

You can also go directly to our support forum by clicking here.

You can also schedule phone support by clicking here. Please be sure you are logged in to your Wix account and be prepared to provide us with some details of your issue.

Feel free to contact us with any other queries.

Best regards

• ad4892

Replied by ad4892 February 6, 2014

hello, I would have wanted to know if there was a way to give permission to a limited modification of a wix site. 
    for example just change the blog.

• Rapido Wix Team

Replied by Rapido February 6, 2014

I am afraid that is not possible at the moment.

• ad4892

Replied by ad4892 February 6, 2014

ah, well: at work!

• Juanito Wix Team

Replied by Juanito February 6, 2014

If you need anything we are here for you

Cheers

• littletoni

Replied by littletoni December 22, 2013

Will I be able to do a members log in page for my site, as well as upload documents for my login members?

• littletoni

Replied by littletoni December 22, 2013

also I want the logged in member to see certain things can i do that with wix?

• dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso December 22, 2013

Hi,

Yes, you can add a member login button to your site.

You can add a member login button to your site so that your visitors can sign up or login to your site and access your members-only pages.

To add a member login button to your site:

1. From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon.
      2. From Add, click Apps.
      3. From Apps, click Member Login Button.
      4. Drag the Member Login Button into place.

From Settings, you can click "Show on all pages" to add this button to all of your site's pages.

A member login button is added to your site.

To set which of your pages are members-only and for more information about members-only pages, click here.

To comment on and vote for additions and changes to this feature, click here.

You can create a main page and add the member login to this page, then add subpages to this page.

This way only your members will be able to so all the pages under the main page.

Dina-Wix Team.

• littletoni

Replied by littletoni December 23, 2013

thank you !

• Ritti Wix Team

Replied by Ritti December 23, 2013

:o) You are most welcome.

Please let us know should you have further questions.

Best, Ritti
    • littletoni

Replied by littletoni December 24, 2013

ok another Question what if i want people to log in but not sign up is there a way i can do that ?

• Alina Wix Team

Replied by Alina December 24, 2013

Hey, 

Please note that your users will be able to log in to your site after they sign up with their email address. 

If you are referring to the window's display - currently in is not possible to create a 'log in' window only (without the sign up first). 

Please let us know should you require any further assistance, 

Thanks, 

Alina, Wix Support Team
  • Mike

Replied by Mike November 15, 2013

Is there any one in the wix team speaks Arabic

Kind Regards, Mike
    • dinamiso Wix Team

Replied by dinamiso November 15, 2013

Hi,

Please note that we offer customer support in these languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Polish, Russian, Italian, Japanese and Korean.

Dina-Wix Team.

• wendyshiwenwto

Replied by wendyshiwenwto November 15, 2013

I'd like to enquir that for the most basic plan, ads from WIX means ads of yourself or from other company? May I see a sample of this ? How it look like? thanks

Wendy

• Ilia Wix Team

Replied by Ilia November 15, 2013

Hi,

The Wix ads are the same ads that appear in a free site.

This will appear at the top right of your site:

And this will appear beneath the content of your site:

Best regards

Ilia - Wix Support
  • badpreacher

Replied by badpreacher October 21, 2013

May I use my Intuit Merchant account to process payments from my site? if so, how do I link them?

• Uma - Wix Team Wix Team

Replied by Uma - Wix Team October 21, 2013

Hi,

• Unfortunately it is not possible to connect external payment providers to your wix ecommerce cart. Currently, you can use PayPal with your eCommerce shopping cart. Brazilian users can also use PagSeguro (please note that this payment method is available for Brazil only). To connect your merchant account to your store, click on Payment & Currency from Manage Store and choose a payment method from the drop-down menu.

Your customers can also purchase with a credit card without having a PayPal account, for instructions on how to set that up with PayPal, click here.

You can find more information on the PayPal page here.

Thanks!

Add reply

Mark this reply as Best Reply
Close open child tickets