- Back to Search Results
Stats 108,779 topics posted 15,192 include Best Reply by Wix Team
Main Category : Editor
Sub Category : Other
Ticket # : 392815738
Ticket Status : Closed - User did not react
I'm experiencing the same issue and have tried uploading multiple files at varying sizes and different types (jpeg and png), though none close to 5mb...most around the 200k mark. Each time I try i get the Error 2038. I've cleared my cache, closed and logged out....everything but still can't upload any images.
Replies(29 replies total)
Replied by dani294 March 15, 2013
In most cases, upload issues are related to a local misconfiguration of certain settings on your computer, or to your internet connection.
Please follow these steps in order to troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing:
1. Try uploading other images. Is this issue isolated to specific images? If so, please email us the problematic images.
2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies of "Everything".
3. Log out of your Wix account, restart your browser and then log into your Wix account and try again.
4. Try using other browsers to open Wix. Recommended browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and either IE or Safari (depending on whether you use a PC or a MAC).
5. If you connect to the internet through a router, please try connecting directly through the modem.
6. Try temporarily disabling your internet security programs and try again (i.e. antivirus, firewall, etc.). It is preferable to try this while still connected to the modem directly. This is meant to assist us in determining the source of the problem that you're facing.
7. Try connecting to Wix from a different computer that uses a different internet connection.
Finally, if you are still having issues, please contact us. Let us know exactly which steps you tried and what worked or didn't work. Please also include the following information:
1. What Operating System you're using (i.e. Mac OSX, Windows XP, etc.) - and what version it is.
2. What browsers you've tried - and include the version of the browser (can generally be found by going to Help > About within the browser).
3. What version of Flash you have installed on your computer- you can find this at whatismyflash.com
4. Your Wix username and the name of the site(s) with the issue.
5. If you receive an error message, please attach the error message that you receive.
6. Your geographic location and which ISP you use.
7. Which internet security programs you have installed on your computer (antivirus, firewall, etc.).Daniel- Wix Team
Replied by Martin Kamín December 4, 2012
Sorry, I followed Ron's guide step by step, but error 2038 still appears again and again, no matter what image or size I try to upload. Sometimes it work, let say 1 or 2 from 15 images...
Fix your service (uploading images), I'll try the other solution.
Replied by Adam E. October 22, 2012
This may be caused by a variety of reasons.
Please make sure your images are under 5 MB, are in either JPG or PNG format, are in the exact size and resolution you'd like them to be viewed on your site (not larger or smaller) and that their file name contains only simple english letters and numbers.
If the problem persists please let us know.
Thanks,Adam, Wix Support
Replied by hipennellickfarm October 22, 2012
hi, i am facing a problem the problems is that i am getting a message that has the code 0 and i do not understand it happens when i try uploading images for my site but it does not let me do it why?
Replied by Jo October 16, 2012
Do you receive an error when trying to upload the image?
If so, let us know which one. If not, let please give us as much detail as possible about what happens when trying to upload an image. Does this happen when trying to upload a specific image or more than one?
Replied by silvigoo93 October 15, 2012
i want to create my personal blog and i can't upload any images when i click on the picture to upload an image is not working,i keep on clicking it i want that theme to be my own personal website and i can't upload any images the only thing i can change is the name
Replied by Daniel October 12, 2012
While working on your Wix site, your computer and browser stores various information. This build up of information can sometimes cause conflict.
Please make sure the Flash Player is set as follows:
Daniel - Wix support team