- Back to Search Results
Stats 106,949 topics posted 15,206 include Best Reply by Wix Team
Replies (7 replies total)
Replied by Tali September 22, 2012
Once you are done creating your Wix document, you may connect your own domain (for example www.mydomain.com). You will need to upgrade your site to one of our Premium packages that allow for this service.
Here is some more information about our different Premium packages which allow you to connect your domain name. Below you can see the details of each package and exactly what services you will receive:
Connect Domain ($4.95/month)or for the yearly package $49:
This package enables you to use your own domain that you have purchased from any domain registrar, but will not remove the wix ads. You can store up to 500 MB, with 1 GB bandwidth.
Combo Package ($9.90/month)or for the yearly package $99:
This package includes connecting your domain and removing the Wix ads from your site. You can store up to 1 GB with 1 GB bandwidth.
Unlimited Package ($14.90/month)or for the yearly package $149:
This package includes connecting your domain and removing the Wix ads from your site. You can store up to 2.5 GB with unlimited bandwidth.
eCommerce ($15.90 first 6 months, $19.90 after/month):
This package includes connecting your domain, removing the Wix ads from your site and using the eCommerce feature. You can store up to 2.5 GB with 5 GB bandwidth.
You'll find all the details (features, prices…) here.Tali, Wix Team
Replied by Stevie March 8, 2012
To connect your domain from a 3rd party to your Wix site, please follow these instructions:
1. Purchase a domain from a domain hosting company (if you haven't already)
2. Ask your domain host to connect your domain's ns records to NS1.WIX.COM and NS2.WIX.COM
3. On Wix.com, go to My Account and click Manage Premium.
4. From Manage Premium, click the Domains tab.
5. Under Add & Connect Domains, click Already have a domain?
6. Under Wix Name Servers (DNS), click Next.
7. Under Connect your domain to Wix, in the Domain Name field, type in your domain address (without www), then click Continue.
8. Under Choose Your Email Provider, select an email provider from the drop-down menu if you have one.
If your email provider is not listed in the drop-down menu, please select Other and ask your domain host for their MX records. In the Domain Manager, update the MX records in the fields provided under Other.
9. Under Connect Your Wix Site, choose the Wix document to connect your domain to.
10. Click Save, then click Done.
Your domain is connected to your Wix site with name servers.
It may take up to 72 hours for the change to take effect.
For more information, you can check out our Domain Portal.
Best,Stevie Wix Customer Solutions Management