If you’ve been stumped for ways to boost your business’ sales recently, we’re here to change that. It almost goes without saying that if you have products to sell, your business needs to be online and looking polished and professional with a killer website. But beyond a great looking website, what else can a small biz owner do to pull in more sales?
We’ve pooled our ideas, done a bunch of research, and are laying it all out for you right here.
- Come up with a fun, interactive contest that will get your community talking. This will help expand your reach and create buzz.
- Create beautiful, branded email newsletters to send out to your contacts. Give them the inside scoop on sales, deals, new products, and more. Wix ShoutOut is a great option – it’s easy to use, simple to customize and it’s free!
- Find new ways to impress your existing customers. The bulk of your profits will come from returning customers, so it might be a good idea to give them an incentive to come back and buy from you again. Giving a discount off of their next purchase might be a good place to start.
- Network! Find other people in your niche and see if you can collaborate to make your services even better. Look up events happening in your area that could have good networking opportunities.
- If you’re on Etsy, you no longer have to split your time and effort between your website and Etsy account. With the click of a button, you can now integrate your Etsy shop into your Wix site! Your customers just might thank you with an additional purchase.
- Get on the Pinterest bandwagon – it’s doing wonderful things for small businesses.
- Focus on results, instead of the effort they take to get. Then utilize content marketing to get the most out of those efforts.
- Use enticing ‘call to actions’ in key places throughout your website. We’ve got some great tips on how to harness the power of a great call to action.
- Make sure your online shop looks amazing on mobile devices. More and more people are surfing the web and even making purchases from their smart phones, so make sure your website and its products look just as good on the go. Check out these great sites that went mobile for some inspiration.
- Take some [calculated] risks with your marketing. Try out something entirely different than your usual marketing routine entails, and monitor the results. If it bombs, simply revert back to what you know works, and try another experiment when you’re ready.
- Get even more traffic flowing to your online store with the help of this handy App.
- Ask your loyal customers to spread to word. Who better to promote your business than those who already love you?
- Evaluate your staff’s sales abilities. If you think you can benefit from a seminar or a training session, it might be worth the investment.
- Market your online store and products across multiple social platforms, making sure to tailor your content to fit each platform best.
- Add game-changing Apps to your website that will help you run your business better.
- Start using an intuitive accounting solution, like Wave. It’s free, simple to use, and helps you optimize your cash flow so you can focus on your sales.
- Highlight your business’ unique selling point. Whether it’s a hassle-free return policy, friendly customer service, free delivery, or one of a kind items. No matter what your USP is, your business and sales will benefit from making your assets known.
- Make sure your business is listed in all local directories. Read about how to do this here.
- Showcase your goods at 3rd party events and reach a new audience by giving out freebies and samples. Get in touch with organizations (like this one) and event planners that might be interested in hosting you for an event or lecture.
- Find out what your competitors are up to and what seems to be working for them. Don’t be affraid to play a little hardball and offer things they can’t – like free delivery, bonus samples with their purchase, or even slightly lower prices.
Tagged with: Business Website . eCommerce website . Online Store . Sales tips