You’ve created the website of your dreams. Congrats! You’ve put in the time and effort to pick the perfect background, design, content, fonts and more.. so now what? It’s not enough to simply sit back and wait for site visitors to discover your masterpiece, there are still some things you should do to really give your site’s traffic a boost and let the world know that you’re open for business.
Here are our top tips for driving traffic to your website – and making sure your site visitors keep coming back!
Help New Users Find You First
In the world of websites, search engines such as Google serve as your storefront to attract new clients. Help new and existing site visitors find you by improving your search ranking. A necessary evil in the online business world, your SEO ranking can sometimes be the deciding factor as to whether or not clients will find your website. Wix websites are already built with SEO in mind, but of course there are additional steps that you can take to improve your page placement.
- The Wix App Market has a variety of SEO building apps. Two of our most popular apps, GetTraffic & Site Booster are specifically designed to boost your site’s engine visibility.
- When it comes to SEO, text and images go hand in hand. Original images can play a big role in both beautifying your site and advancing your SEO placement. Once you’ve chosen your images, make sure to properly source and label your pictures with appropriate titles and descriptions. Get more tips to supercharge your site ranking in our blog post on making sure your site is found on Google.
- Publish your site on local online directories. Picking up where big chunky Yellow Pages books left off, online directories like Yelp & FourSquare are often the go-to source for new clients to look up the business solutions that you have to offer. Aside from the benefit of having your site placed in a traffic heavy site, appearing in an online directory also has big payoffs with regards to your SEO placement. Check out these tips to increase your traffic with business directory placements.
- Utilize the power of Google+ to boost your search results. As a member of the Google family of products, having representation on Google+ can play a strong role in your overall Google search engine ranking. Not sure where to begin? Check out these 6 helpful ways to use Google+ to increase traffic to your site.
Keep Your Content Fresh
When your visitors know that your website is constantly being updated, they’ll look forward to seeing what else you have to offer. Maybe it’s the witty way you write, your ever-changing inventory, or that little twinkle in your favicon’s eye, your visitors know that there’s always something new to look forward to when they visit your site.
New content doesn’t have to come in the form of lengthy text; social features and vibrant images can be some of the funnest ways to keep your audience up to date on what you’ve been up to.
- Instagram feed: Adding an Instagram feed to your site is an easy way to automatically update your content just by adding a pic to your Instagram account. Instagram not your cup of tea? Check out the Wix App Market to find the instant feed for the social platform of your choice, including: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more!
- Testimonials App: Earn the trust of new and existing clients by letting them know what your biggest fans think of you. Don’t be afraid to ask your supporters to vouch for you with a nice comment on your page. The Testimonial App by Kewool is available for free in the Wix App Market; add it anywhere on your site and let those flattering testimonials come flooding in.
Build Your Online Credibility
Everyone’s got an opinion, and in the digital age, the internet is the go-to place to shout it from the rooftops. Promote and protect your online reputation by projecting yourself as a leader in your field with these traffic boosting tips.
- Join forums that are devoted to the business you’re in. Forums and online chats are a great way to engage with your target market, and once you’ve got a genuine conversation going, you’ll have a great “in” to credibly link back to your site.
- Give your site visitors an inside scoop into your know-how by adding an insightful blog to your website. Insider tips about your product or industry can help develop your reputation as a market leaders that clients will know to turn back to as their go-to source for valuable tips.
- Collaborate with other top people in your industry and build your credibility through association. Approach successful sites in your field by offering to write a guest blog post or feature for their website. Guest posting is not only a great way to lure new users to your site, it’s a smart way to create a positive association between your business and other market leaders. Check out these 5 tricks for finding guest blogging opportunities to get you started.
Tagged with: Google . Promote your Business . promote your website . Search Engines