Instagram is a foodies’ heaven. You can find amazing photos of all sorts of dishes from all corners
of the world. You don’t have to be a professional photographer to snap photos of your meals but there are a few rules of thumb you should follow.
The following tips are super easy to follow and can easily win you more likes on Instagram. Go over this list, start cooking and snapping, and get people drooling all over their smartphones!
- If the list of ingredients is short enough, include them in the caption.
- It’s not just about the food. Make sure you’re using nice and unique dishes and cutlery.
- Use filters that really accentuate the colors in your dish, like X-Pro II, Lo-fi or Hefe.
- The finished dish is important, but so is the preparation. Leave your mobile phone nearby when you’re still cooking.
- Get close to your food as you prepare to snap. Food looks best when it’s right in your face.
- Another option is to stand up on a chair and shoot your entire dinner table from above.
- Sometimes the inside of food is the best part of it. Slice a piece and shoot it together with the whole thing.
- Don’t use flash! Go for natural light whenever possible.
- Even though you’re instagraming, don’t feel compelled to use filters if your photo turned out great.
- Use the Focus option to highlight a certain ingredient or to draw attention to the most appetizing part of your photo.
- If you prefer to review your photos on a bigger screen, use an Instagram viewer.
Don’t think we’ll leave you with only words. For your inspiration and for your appetite, check out these gorgeous food photos shot with Instagram.
BTW, check out our own Instagram account! You’ll find some highlights of Wix food there as well :)
Tagged with: Food Photography . Instagram