On yesterday’s blog post, we revealed five little-known but extremely helpful Wix features, like adding shadow to buttons or customizing the color palette. Today we continue with five more awesome features that will guarantee your website’s spot in the professional league. Get the most out of your HTML5 site with these useful tips and tricks:
You can create a register/login feature for your website visitors. They will be required to create an account on your site, and you’ll be able to the database of all registered users.
- Click Pages
- Click on the settings icon (to the right), on the page where you want to set up the login section
- Check the Protect Page checkbox
- Choose Require Site Member Login and click OK & Done
- To manage your site members, go to My Account and click on Manage Site Members
Let your visitors leave comments on your website using their Facebook profiles. It will make it easier for you to connect with them later.
- Click Add and then Social
- Choose Facebook Comments
- Place the comments widget anywhere you want
- Click on the widget and choose Settings to change the color or set a numbers of visible comments
Upload Audio Files
For those of you who can’t use Soundcloud, you can upload MP3 files directly to your Wix site, just make sure that the files are not larger than 10MB. If you need to use many audio files, the Soundcloud app will make a better solution for you since it won’t make your site heavy.
- Click Add and then Media
- Choose the Audio Player option
- Click on the icon that was added to the editor to upload the music file to your media library
- You can also set the player on Autoplay or Loop options
Design Product Page
Online shop owners can easily customize the style of their product pages, play with different fonts and title colors, and choose between various layouts of product display. Pick the style that makes your products shine!
- In your online shop editor, click on the product gallery
- In the menu that appeared, choose Design Product Page
- Browse the different layouts with the navigation arrows
- Play with the spacing and positioning dials
- Click on texts in the product page to change the font and text color
Youtube Player Skins
Does your website have videos on it? You can choose between four different skins for your Youtube player. Experiment with the four to see which one fits best on your site.
- Click Add and then Media
- Choose video
- Click on the player in the editor and choose Settings
- Click on the Change Style button and select the one you like best
- You can then further customize the borders of the player
- Click OK to accept the changes
Think we missed an important /exciting editor feature? Let us know in the comments!
Tagged with: Designing with Wix . HTML5 Websites