You never really thought of advertising on Google before, but now that you’ve upgraded your Wix account and got a Google AdWords voucher you’re a little intrigued: Is using AdWords really going to help your business?
What Google AdWords Can Do for your Business
Using Google AdWords means your website will be more likely to appear when users are searching for products/services you’re offering. It also means that you’re able to start sending traffic to your website immediately after placing your ad.
How to Get Started
Getting started on Google AdWords is a lot easier than you think:
- Go to http://adwords.google.com
- Select your time zone and currency (careful, you won’t be able to change them later!)
- Select targeting countries and languages for your campaigns
- Set the budget you’re willing to spend
- Use the AdWords template provided to write your first ad text
- Choose keywords you want your ads to appear for
- Set up your billing options
…. and you’re good to go!
In the next two posts, we’ll take you through the 5 stages of running a successful AdWords campaign for your website. In the meantime, we’re sending you home with some homework ;)
Check out these wonderful resources for Newbie Google AdWorders:
- Need a quick refresher of the basic terminology relating to AdWords advertising? Find it here.
- AdWords Help Center – Comprehensive and searchable database of everything you ever wanted to know about AdWords.
Tagged with: Online Marketing . Search Engines