Wix Answers is our brand new support center. Like anything new it takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of ot it’s easy to get hooked. Here’s a short tutorial for using our support center, starting with the most basic step: I have a question. What do I do?
The Search Box: Get Instant Answers
So how does the search box work? It’s simple! Just type your question and get an instant answer from an extensive dataebase of FAQ’s.
How to Ask a Question?
All questions should be short, simple and to the point. Some examples of good questions are:
- “I get error 14 while editing”
- “How can I upload a photo”
- “How do I connect my domain”
How Not to Ask a Question?
Since ‘Wix Answers’ is an automated support system it can only identify relevant keywords. Throwing in irrlelvent information will result in a failed search. See for instance:
- “Hi, my name is Eric and I’d love to know how to rank higher on Google.”
- “I’m having problems with saving my document.”
- “Good afternoon, are you there? I’d love to know…”
If you Didn’t Find your Answer
If our knowledge base didn’t find key words to match your entry, please click the “Need more help? click here” link at the bottom.
- Choose the category that your question falls under
- Then choose the sub-category that is most relevant to your question
- Click continue: A list of open threads will appear, see if your question falls under one of them
- If you still don’t see a relevant answer, click “Post Question”
How to Use the “Post Question” Feature
When using the ‘post a question’ feature, you have several options to choose from:
- Ask a Question: Your inquiry will be public. This way you can get help from both our support team AND other Wix users
- Wishlist: Is there a feature you wish we added to the Wix editor? Add your wish here and it will come true! (eventaully :)
- Feedback: Use this option to give praise or complain about our product
- Private Topics: Use this option for any inquiry containing sensitive information. It will only be viewed by you and the Wix Team
Disclaimer: Do not enter your private information (passwords, crecit card info) if you’re using a public inquiry.
I Posted a Question, Now What?
Unless you’ve posted a Private Topic, the best answer to your question whether provided by Wix users or staff will be crowned as “Best Reply”. In the future, other users who search for the same question will be able to find help immediately. That’s the beauty of the systme: All communication between Wix staff and users becomes part of a knowledge base shared by all.
Did you try Wix Answers before? Was it a good experience? Drops us a comment and let us know.