One of the more interesting design trends going on these days is the single page website. To some this may come as a surprise. Why make a website with only one page? Well, designing a single page might seem not worth the effort. However, sometimes a one page site, if designed correctly, can deliver more information than a multi-page site. Not to mention designers can get a whole lot creative when working under a one page constraint.
The One Page Website for Beginners
The single page design is an excellent solution for websites that are just starting off. Even without lots of content, using a single page can get your message across and help you achieve your targets. It also provides a good basis from which your page could evolve into a full multi-page website later on. The relative advantage you get is establishing your web presence from the start, and creating a sense of anticipation and discovery.
The One Page Website As a Design Statement
It’s not only for beginners. Many designers create a single page website as a design statement, having more control over what the visitors see on the site and allowing them to easily view the content and get the full picture at a glance.
Check out this showcase of single page creative, beautiful and inspirational websites:
Using Wix to Create a One Page Website
- Click on File >> Setting
- Choose the “Appearance” tab on the left
- Un-check the “Keep Aspect Ratio”
- For a long website choose anywhere between 1000-2000 px
- You can re-edit the settings at any point
WIx templates for One Page Websites:
Some Basic Tips Before You Start:
- The key is to create clear layout
- Decide whether your one page will be horizontal or vertical.
- Make sure your name and contact info is clear and easy to find, preferably on top
- Make sure to write a brief 2-3 sentence bio to personalize your site