The web is a similar ground. You need to get people’s attention in a split second.
Giving your photography website a twist, an edge, just a small detail can make all the difference. The character of your website is not about keeping up with the latest design trends but about the way your visitor feels when browsing it. Unlike your fashion sense that is subject to mood swings, choosing a character when designing your photography website has a far more structured logic. The question to be asked is who is your target audience? What is their world view? What is the message you want to convey?
Character Means Texture
Adding texture to your Wix photography site can turn it into a visually stunning and eye catching website. It gives the design the feeling of a surface. In Web design, texture is visual, but it provides the illusion of physical texture. Texture in Web design can be used in many ways: backgrounds, emphasis and stylized designs like engravings or etchings. The most common way to incorporate texture into Web designs is using a background image.
- Click on “Page”>> “Backgrounds” and browse for the image that fits your needs
- Optimize your search by clicking on “texture” on the right hand side of the gallery
- Another option is to upload your own texture
- When using your own photo, go to “Arrange” >> “Set as background”. This will lock your image in the last layer. To unlock simply click on the red lock image on the left.
- “Clip Art” >> “Shapes”
- Place the shape between the text and the background
- Click “Setting” and decrease its transparency to incorporate the “block layer” into your design.
- Another option is clicking on “page parts” >> “Page Center”.